Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Fandom Card Issues 2/2012

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
Taylor Swift Actionmaster

Lumpy's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 9 million cacti...
News Credits: 28
Fandom Card Issues 2/2012

Staff Edit 3/21/2012:

Discussion related to the TFCC security issue is now closed. It is not to be discussed anywhere on the site unless NEW information comes out. This information could come from a fan who had communication with Hasbro, the club, or any other relevant party. If the club or Hasbro put out official statements, that is cool to post as well.

If that happens, please create a new thread. Discussion will be allowed briefly, contained specifically to that new information. Once an official rep responds and clarifies questions related to the new information, the thread will be closed. If they do not, and discussion hits a wall where it is just speculation and opinion, then we will close it.

New reports of having your card compromised unfortunately at this point is not new and does not warrant a new thread. It is assumed that people who have done business with the TFCC in the past have the potential to get their credit cards compromised.

People have reported that their email address and password associated with Club logins on the old store/forum may have also been compromised. So reports of your other accounts being accessed by someone else is also not warranting of a new thread. (And BTW - if your username/password at any club site was the same as your bank/PayPal/etc - change it ASAP).

We thank the fans who alerted the rest of the community about various issues and hopefully helped avert some loss.

Please use the below information to brush up on any info you may have missed.

Statement from Fun Publications Regarding CC Issues - Transformers News - TFW2005
TFCC CC Update 2/29/2012 - Transformers News - TFW2005
Hasbro Communication Regarding TFCC Security Issue - Transformers News - TFW2005
Transformers Collectors Club Update - Transformers News - TFW2005
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...mation-174679/

If you would like to see official responses to questions and concerns so far, please view Pete@Botcon's posts here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/search...hreadid=543525

Please use the following information to contact Fun Pub directly:

Email 1 - admin@funpubinc.com
Email 2 - admin2@funpubinc.com
Phone 1 - (817) 448-9863
Phone 2 - 1-800-772-6673

If you were compromised - Fun Publications asks you answer the questions on the below page and email them with it:

https://www.transformersclub.com/tccccinfo.cfm

Until new information comes out - ALL questions and concerns about Fun Publications and their activities (club, store, convention) should be directed to them via the methods above.

If you get a response from them, and feel it's new information the fandom would benefit from knowing, feel free to post it here in a new thread. We will allow contained discussion for a brief time, allow for an official rep to clarify if they choose, and then close.

Thanks everyone.

Staff Edit: Statement from Pete@Botcon regarding all this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete@BotCon View Post
We posted statements through various Social networks but I wanted to make sure, due to all the comments, that a statement was posted here as well...

Just to let everyone know, we upgraded our online security systems as we understand that credit card theft is a growing problem in the U.S. Online security is a serious business and Fun Publications takes it seriously. We have implemented an ongoing review process of these security systems so that as internet thieves become more sophisticated, so will our defense systems. If you have any concerns, please let us know. When you order from anyone on any kind of device, make sure that https starts the url. This means it is under a secure socket layer and is encrypted during transmission. Additionally all information in our database is encrypted under a 256K algorithm.

We have been following the talk regarding the fraud problems but we haven't confirmed how many, if any, were on our end. This upgrade was a precautionary measure. Fraud can come from many sources and it is difficult to determine with 100% certainty what happened in those cases. We are dedicated to solving any problems and will do whatever is necessary to make shopping with the Club a secure experience.

If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us 1-800-772-6673

Staff Edit 2:

Quote:
This thread is to discuss what happened to you, in relation to others, how that information fits into the overall picture, and what can be done to mitigate or fix it. Trolling, flaming, baiting or down talking individual members of TFCC or anyone else will not be tolerated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guard convoy View Post
^let me explain something, I got a regular bank account, with a regular debit card. I got that bank account linked to my paypal so I can use it to safely make purchases on the internet without having to put my credit card information. I rarely even put money on my paypal account. this money was sent to me by a fellow board member since he wanted me to pick him up a SG Drift and since i am middlemanning him botcon toys he sent the money to me so i could get Runabout for myself. I've never needed the paypal card so I never got it, so how is that refusing to get it? this all took place this week. I saw the club couldn't take paypal so I made the move to transfer money from paypal to my bank account, but it messed up and ended up doing the opposite, but fixed itself in time so i could at least get his drift. If the club would of taken paypal, I could of had not to deal with the issue of the messed up transfer and everything would of been hunkydory. I would get that card for paypal if I ever legitly needed it, but up until this point I have no use for it, and afterwards I won't need it anyways.

saying the club should accept paypal is a legit complaint, expecially how some folks credit card information has been compromised very recently during this whole thing, but I don't know what happened to all that so i don't know.

lets say I went ahead and got the card, it would of not made any difference in this situation cause by the time it came in it would of been too late, so, what is your point?
a) the credit card things is still only with 3 or 4 people, and not confirmed to be directly linked to the club, it's purely speculation still...

b) if you had got the card 6 months, 4 months, or 4 weeks ago, you'd be posting right now about how stoked you were to get these figures...

c) like i said earlier, i really doubt these will go up, and i bet if you go put up a wanted thread right now, someone will sell you one for a very fair price... if i had an extra, i would...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIO View Post
I love it. Can't wait to get it from Lumpy
FEEDBACK
Do you like stupid & inappropriate? Then follow me on Twitter @mrlumptastic

Last edited by Sol Fury; 03-01-2012 at 05:31 PM..
Old 02-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
@StayingInTheBox

Collection Count: > 1,100
News Credits: 27
Add me to the list who has a strange pending sale on CC. I was one of the first to order from TFCC before the crash. It's a $1 Google charge which I don't know what it could be.

The G1 Journey's Latest Article: Who Is Star Saber?

Old 02-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
M.A.S.K. Crusader
alldarker's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 200+
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayingInTheBox View Post
Add me to the list who has a strange pending sale on CC. I was one of the first to order from TFCC before the crash. It's a $1 Google charge which I don't know what it could be.
Bad news. Seriously, don't wait and call your CC company as soon as possible... This could well be a CC hacker testing your card.
WWAD: What Would Alldarker Do!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
@StayingInTheBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldarker View Post
Bad news. Seriously, call your CC company as soon as possible... This could well be a CC hacker testing your card.
Oh yeah, already on it. This hobby is becoming more of a job than I'd like it to be.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
Kaon Gladiator Champion
Collection Count: OF BODIES? I destroy ALL who oppose me!
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Oh yeah, already on it. This hobby is becoming more of a job than I'd like it to be.
That happens sometimes when you buy gas. So it might have been that. Keeping finger crossed that is what it was.

I am getting some nice ass figures here, just sucks that they have the added benefit of having to look at my CC every day or so just to see if I have been taken.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
@StayingInTheBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard77 View Post
That happens sometimes when you buy gas. So it might have been that. Keeping finger crossed that is what it was.

I am getting some nice ass figures here, just sucks that they have the added benefit of having to look at my CC every day or so just to see if I have been taken.
That was my first reaction to it too, but like many I keep a close watch on my statement on a daily basis. I saw all my gas charges and other routine purchases like that and the $1 GOOGLE charge didn't fit. Regardless, I canceled the card for safe measure and will have a new one next week.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
Aerialbot
Quote:
Welcome to the club. I got robbed for 1100 bucks the day after the first pre order debacle. Knocked me into overdraft. Still trying to get everything squared away with the bank. Still sitting in negative at the moment so I wasn't even able to score the figures. Fun Pub told me to contact them, so I sent an email two days ago politely explaining the situation as it happened WITHOUT pointing fingers or saying they were to blame (because honestly there's no definite proof that it had anything to do with TFCC), but they still haven't contacted me back. The entire situation is pretty lame.
www.IMDb.Me/JohnWells
Old 02-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
what the doctor ordered
Collection Count: 49
Quote:
That was my first reaction to it too, but like many I keep a close watch on my statement on a daily basis. I saw all my gas charges and other routine purchases like that and the $1 GOOGLE charge didn't fit. Regardless, I canceled the card for safe measure and will have a new one next week.
That's an odd charge. Usually when someone gets your CC number, they go nuts and buy expensive crap all at once. A $1 charge all by itself is not something you usually see when someone has stolen your CC info. Unless it was someone just testing to see if it worked in the first place.
My Comic: Us Against the World / My Feedback / My Collection
Old 02-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
Aerialbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevilchick View Post
That's an odd charge. Usually when someone gets your CC number, they go nuts and buy expensive crap all at once. A $1 charge all by itself is not something you usually see when someone has stolen your CC info. Unless it was someone just testing to see if it worked in the first place.
Not really true.
In most cases I've seen or heard of, it usually starts with a small transaction to test the card, followed by a large transaction.
For example, my card was "tested" with a $10 transaction to Bed bath and Beyond, followed shortly by $833 to American airlines.
www.IMDb.Me/JohnWells
Old 02-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #10
what the doctor ordered
Collection Count: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
Not really true.
In most cases I've seen or heard of, it usually starts with a small transaction to test the card, followed by a large transaction.
For example, my card was "tested" with a $10 transaction to Bed bath and Beyond, followed shortly by $833 to American airlines.
Weird. When my info was stolen years ago, I only had several large purchases on it - each of them over $100. I guess it depends on who's got your info. Regardless, having your CC # stolen is a ridiculous pain in the ass.
My Comic: Us Against the World / My Feedback / My Collection
Closed Thread