Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Fandom Card Issues 2/2012

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #3971
Taylor Swift Actionmaster

Lumpy's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 9 million cacti...
News Credits: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethPike View Post
I don't remember clicking "ok" to anything on the old TFCC site that said it was ok for FunPub to keep all my credit card / personal info on file for posterity and printable on a whim.

And if simply by signing up it made it ok for them to do that I'd like to see that language as it was printed on the site at signup. Because I don't recall it
i don't recall clicking "ok" either, but i also don't ever recall doing tht on Papa Johns website either, but they store my card info... not sure if someone within Papa Johns network can print out all my info or not, but it sure seems possible... i wonder what other companies have that setup as part of their sign up and it's in the terms and conditions that no one reads and everyone clicks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIO View Post
I love it. Can't wait to get it from Lumpy
FEEDBACK
Do you like stupid & inappropriate? Then follow me on Twitter @mrlumptastic
Old 03-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #3972
Reason Has No Voice
03Mach1's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 750+
News Credits: 4
Send a message via AIM to 03Mach1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
i don't recall clicking "ok" either, but i also don't ever recall doing tht on Papa Johns website either, but they store my card info... not sure if someone within Papa Johns network can print out all my info or not, but it sure seems possible... i wonder what other companies have that setup as part of their sign up and it's in the terms and conditions that no one reads and everyone clicks...
What about the cards only used at Botcon or Joecon to purchase exclusives. Are you OK with the POS system also storing the card information? Would you be OK with that procedure if other restaurants/retailers did that? Doubtful.

I understand your attempt to defend the club and I respect you greatly as a member. But most of these actions by the club are indefensible and they deserve whatever consequences lie ahead.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...cus-value.html<---Click Me-It's my Trade Thread
Old 03-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #3973
wolfe's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 1001 on Shmax.com and counting
If i remember correctly Papa Johns gives you an option to save the card number to your profile. I believe a lot of sites ask if you want to save the info or put the info on your profile/account. There was none of that with tfcc. No indication they even saved the card info.
PSN: serwolfe
Sale Thread - Updated 9/8/12.
Find great transformer deals on ShelfLife!

Old 03-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #3974

Lumpy's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach1 View Post
What about the cards only used at Botcon or Joecon to purchase exclusives. Are you OK with the POS system also storing the card information? Would you be OK with that procedure if other restaurants/retailers did that? Doubtful.

I understand your attempt to defend the club and I respect you greatly as a member. But most of these actions by the club are indefensible and they deserve whatever consequences lie ahead.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I definitely don't see how that's okay at all. I was merely suggesting that there's something we never read. Or it could be that the CC processors completely lied to FP. Who knows. And at this point I doubt we'll ever know, which is unfortunate. And I know they're plenty of things the club hasn't done right over the years, especially in relation to overseas members. Hopefully that changes in the future, assuming this mess doesn't make Botcon 2012 the last Botcon for awhile.
Quote:
FEEDBACK
Old 03-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #3975

Lumpy's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe View Post
If i remember correctly Papa Johns gives you an option to save the card number to your profile. I believe a lot of sites ask if you want to save the info or put the info on your profile/account. There was none of that with tfcc. No indication they even saved the card info.
Ah ok. I just used that as an example cuz I had pizza for dinner tonight and noticed it. In light of this situation I'm thinking of removing card data everywhere online, other than regular bills like netflix and TiVo.
Quote:
FEEDBACK
Old 03-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #3976
wolfe's Ebay Auctions
The admin page printout shows that FunPub saved the number in their system. This wasn't the processors. This was an admin printout. At this point I don't think the processors are to blame at all. I think a hacker was able to access their db and just took everything. It's a shame.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #3977
wolfe's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
Ah ok. I just used that as an example cuz I had pizza for dinner tonight and noticed it. In light of this situation I'm thinking of removing card data everywhere online, other than regular bills like netflix and TiVo.
Heh. That's pretty cool then, actually. I had it the other day and noticed the save option. I was picking it up so there was no credit card involved.

I removed my card from a few places. I think netflix and bbts are the only two i use one on now. I definitely don't want to go through this again so I wouldn't blame you at all for removing it from most places.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #3978
Supreme Dude
Waverider's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Shrinking
News Credits: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockblast2 View Post
Is it worth it, current members?
Roufuss summed it up pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufuss View Post
SNIP
To me, TFCC feels more like a third party toy company than an actual club, because there are no club elements here -- I give you $40, you send me a figure, then one other time during the year I give you $50 - $100 for one or two more figures. The rest of the year, I forget I'm even a member at all because there's never a reason to check your website and no participation whatsoever.

Sure, you send me a five page magazine, but FansProject sends me a comic when I buy their figures as well. Maybe you guys could start getting exclusive news and reveals from Hasbro? That's just a thought.

I sincerely hope that when you say "The club will be better than ever" you're actually talking about the club itself, and not just the figures, or else you might as well be called the Transformers Collectors Exclusive Figures Dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superquad7 View Post
Erector can lead horses to water but he can't make 'em drink. He can build bridges, though.
Quote:
"Dear Hasbro, do it like the third parties do and give us things that in no way meet safety standards! Do it RITE!"
--->Cool Stuff<---
TFs, Kamen Rider, Super Sentai & GI Joe For Sale - MOST MISB!!!: <----- Click here

Last edited by Waverider; 03-19-2012 at 01:09 AM..
Old 03-19-2012, 05:34 AM   #3979
Jackson Wells
Collection Count: 1
News Credits: 7
Wasted 30 mins in the bank today on my day off getting cc cancelled / reissued. Worst part is my partner has the same card so they have to put up with this garbage too, waiting around several days for the replacement to arrive. I only realised in the last 2 days that *all* previous users of the tfcc are at risk and not just those who got the recent exclusives. So glad I had to hunt around to find this out instead of FP saying something.

Art by KA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabask View Post
Prime's Beast Hunters was the beggining of the deep, no lube at all, fucking, Hasbro has been giving us. DOTM was just the tip. After we kinda sorta accepted that they went full bore on us. GG guys.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #3980
Hi.
Collection Count: Not sure. I'm guessing it's a whole number...
News Credits: 198
Oh hey! I just figured out which card I used to order the Animated tech spec posters after Botcon last year!

If anyone needs the info, my test charge was to the "Foundation for Angelman Syndrome."
Click here for all of my videos!
My Feedback Thread

Last edited by Peaugh; 03-19-2012 at 07:19 AM..
Closed Thread