Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers Headmasters on DVD

Reply Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #31
Retired
Collection Count: Thousands.
News Credits: 2
I bought this at BotCon and it is plagued with spelling and grammatical errors, and I'm only 4 episodes in.

It feels like a Babelfish translation with Japanese names changed to the English names (ie: Convoy is Optimus Prime, Hot Rodimus/Rodimus Convoy is Rodimus Prime, Chromedome/Brainstorm/Weirdwolf/Mindwipe/Skullcruncher/Blurr/Kup/Spike/Carly/Wheelie/Daniel etc.). The font they used for the sub is really bad too ... I've seen better subs from fans than with this production.

Full review coming in the next ish of TFWe.

To the stage!
Kickback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #32
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickback View Post
I bought this at BotCon and it is plagued with spelling and grammatical errors, and I'm only 4 episodes in.

It feels like a Babelfish translation with Japanese names changed to the English names (ie: Convoy is Optimus Prime, Hot Rodimus/Rodimus Convoy is Rodimus Prime, Chromedome/Brainstorm/Weirdwolf/Mindwipe/Skullcruncher/Blurr/Kup/Spike/Carly/Wheelie/Daniel etc.). The font they used for the sub is really bad too ... I've seen better subs from fans than with this production.

Full review coming in the next ish of TFWe.
But... it's not out yet! This sounds a lot like the Metrodome UK set.

(Mind you, I've suspected for a while now that this set might just be re-using those subs, since it's SO inexpensive.)
Chris McFeely on Twitter - - Chris McFeely on YouTube
Chris McFeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #33
Retired
Don't get me wrong - I'm enjoying the series and it's new translation (Aaron Archer and Rik Alvarez both stated at BotCon that these are BRAND NEW subtitles and a BRAND NEW translation and that they put a lot of work in to it).

However, errors like "acknoeldge" and leaving out words of sentences "Quick! We need hurry!" or having a subtitle (a small one sentence subtitle) stick on the screen in to another scene, causing a delay on the sub-titles for an entirety of another scene, really detract from enjoying this without cringing.

I appreciate what they've done, I just hope there's some more proof-reading done with Masterforce.

To the stage!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #34
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 18
Oh, my. The Metrodome had some goofs, but not quite on that level! :-o
Chris McFeely on Twitter - - Chris McFeely on YouTube
Chris McFeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #35
Terrorcon
News Credits: 6
You have it. Can you tell what the extras are?
Gaastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #36
Banned
Collection Count: A whole mess
I have to agree that HM almost killed my love of G1. It's just plain sloppy and I loathe it's herky-jerky plots, like Wheelie and Daniel defeat Trypticon like Wile E Coyote? Galvatron getting taken out by the "super-friends" move from Gatchaman? Optimus dies 3 episodes in? Horrible.

The BEST moment of the series was Soundwave and Blaster fighting to the death, but the animation is even worse than G1.

HM should be watched only ONCE and only as a reference to Sixshot and Scorponok, since they are sort of fun characters. I'm just gonna wait around for Victory, it's just as cheesy, but easier to swallow.
MicromanSpyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #37
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
You have it. Can you tell what the extras are?
The joy of being able to say "FIRST!" and then sharing all the cringe-worthy moments of the translation. Again, I'm glad they brought this out ... just sad they didn't catch all the errors before going to print with it.

To the stage!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #38
I'm a puppet
Collection Count: More than i need
Send a message via Skype™ to Lt. Faceless
I was looking forward to this...now not so sure.Should i just stick with my bootlegs? I'm not worried about the sub titles.I grew up watching anime in the 90s and subed was the ONLY way to watch it.Maybe i'm just better at muti-tasking.I can watch and read.
A place were toys get dirty
Lt. Faceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #39
Autobot
Collection Count: 557
Send a message via Yahoo to Fury
They should have dub it in english. I would have paid a little more but I guess some people are just to lazy to do the job right.
Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #40
IaconHub BossMonkey
yakko's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via ICQ to yakko Send a message via AIM to yakko Send a message via Yahoo to yakko
I've watched only the first episode so far and that's one more episode than I've been able to sit through before this set. The old dubs were just too bad, and I've never listened to the fan dubs. I prefer subtitles, even if they do have errors.

Want to talk TV? Join our web chat!
Want to talk anything else? Join our web chat too!
Personal Twitter account | IaconHub Twitter account | Facebook | TransMissions Podcast
yakko is offline   Reply With Quote