Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

DOTM Deluxe Dread and Starscream Bot-Mode images

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #151
Tengen Toppa Member
Collection Count: Counting is for chumps
You know, looking at that photo...

Yes, Starscream is mistransformed, but from what I can tell, the only thing missing if for those panels on his back to be snapped into place. This would mean that the vacant space below his arms would still be there, it would just be blocked from going straight through his body. It would essentially be like he's got a cape glued on and his main body would be uber-skinny and weird.

I really hope I'm wrong, and the space is filled in when the figure is transformed correctly, because I really like it otherwise.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDR Blindside View Post
But we like talking about robot sex.
Gojira Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #152
Injector Has a Posse
News Credits: 10
Send a message via AIM to Sso02V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
Yeah, Michael Bay is clearly responsible for mistransforming Starscream.
You didn't know? Michael Bay is an ancient Babylonian goblin that creeps into peoples houses at night and rapes their childhood while they sleep.

TFWiki.net - We are here...We are waiting
Sso02V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #153
old misery guts
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrngod View Post
Starscream:
What is going on with his hips there? That looks bad. Even if you toss aside the BFGFE it doesn't look good. Yes, mistransformed, but even if it is transformed properly it might still look bad. It might just have to stay in alt-mode, which looks fantastic from the top down.

Are those huge ass rivets I see too? How small is this figure?
I reckon he's going to be a small one. Consider how part of the rational behind the squatness of original design was to reduce the stature of the botmode so he wouldn't tower over some of the other bots.

Add to that the large Mechtech weapons which will reduce the amount of plastic available for the figure itself.

I think it's going to be similar in height to something like ROTF Dirge, possibly smaller.
Bumblethumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #154
Rawr
Collection Count: Ever growing
News Credits: 2
Send a message via AIM to NGW
Dread looks cool. Screamer...not so much.
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
NGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #155
News Credits: 13
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyber-Scream
Starscream must be mistransformed or something... he looks pretty crappy. The Dread Bot is cool though. Looks a lot like an Insecticon.
Cyber-Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #156
Prepare for termination!
Collection Count: 80
News Credits: 19
Look at all that plastic that went into the enormous weapons when it could have gone into a better toy!!!

VaderPrime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #157
Tiiiiim Thomas!
Collection Count: More than 500, that's for sure
News Credits: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoted View Post
Megatron - while he seems to be the best DOTM mold imo - only features a handful of rustbrown spots spray paint !
He has silver (tanks, head) and grey (hose lines on the legs, chest) paint apps too, plus some coating that makes the upper legs, the crotch and the torso "sparkly". Oh, and the rims are painted green as well.
For sale/trade: Transformers, Roadbots, Super Sentai, Marvel Shape Shifters, etc. here.
megatroptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #158
Me Grimlock cute
Collection Count: Lots!
News Credits: 7
I think they both look good - well, Screamer looks like there's good potential there when transformed correctly. Still hoping the Mechtech gimmick will allow the figures to look decent and not incomplete without those weapons, 'cause I expect most of mine will never wield them.
NCStarscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #159
Auticon
Collection Count: A lot
YEEEEEESSSSS SCREAMER!!! This'll be the first figure that I'll buy multiples of.

Alt mode: looks sleek and sexy; no sign of kibble
Robot mode: looks accurate; the headsculpt looks like a miniature Leader Class; the arms look flexible; MechTech weps look like swords -- and are removable

Too bad he was transformed horrendously. WE NEED MOAR PICS!!
hellfire565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #160
Wants a Toxitron repaint!
Collection Count: 200 plus (300 is in my sights!)
News Credits: 1
Its starting to look like MechTech is going to NEARLY do to this line what the combining gimmick did to the Energon Autobots.

Those oversized and ridiculous weapons have obviously taken away from the accuracy and design of the toys. I wouldn't really care, cept for the fact that the Firetruck, Ferrari, Shockwave and Dreads are all toys I want good versions of... Looks like MechTech is going to give us some shittastic versions of these guys.

Voyager Prime - Meh. Leader Bee - Meh. Voyager Megs - Decent, but total lack of paint. DLX Screamer - Doesn't looks promising. Voyager Ironhide - Decent. Dread - Looks OK. The best toy I've seen so far is Skids, and he's one of my least favorite designs.

I wish they would just do MechTech and Mainline separate. I have a feeling I'll be waiting 2 or more years for some of these guys to get good toys not hampered by this crappy gimmick.

Saves me money towards TFClub Devastator though, so I'm good :

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Why do they keep posing him like he's the Kool Aid Man?
Ceasar121 is offline   Reply With Quote