Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
n/a
News Credits: 4
Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)

Following on from the concept art here's something nice for you to start the year on, an early synopsis of the characters and plot of the 86 movie.

Plenty of never seen before stuff, mostly in the hand-written annotations such as character references (hornblower for ultra magnus, mowgli for wheelie etc), GI Joe being used for reference for hot rod & arcee's relationship, suggestion of the name 'matrix' for the essence macguffin, ideas for what to call Unicron, and suggestion of giving Orson Wells a call about the part.

The notion of Galvatron having a friend is quite an amusing one.

That's it for Friedman scanning now, also have the series bible and the final draft script in hand, but the series bible is duplicated elsewhere (text already online, and the artwork was duplicated in a separate item), and the script is just the original typed/tipexed version of the photocopied one Jim/blotax [Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.].

Enjoy -
Attached Thumbnails
Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page1.jpg   Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page2.jpg   Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page3.jpg   Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page4.jpg   Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page5.jpg  

Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page6.jpg   Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page7.jpg   Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page8.jpg   Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page9.jpg   Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page10.jpg  

Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page11.jpg   Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page12.jpg   Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page13.jpg   Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page14.jpg   Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page15.jpg  

Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page16.jpg   Early synopsis of 1986 movie plot and characters (Ron Friedman goodies)-page17.jpg  
kjeevahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
Anguirus's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Pleading the fifth.
News Credits: 5
Am I the only one very tickled by the "these are the characters you are allowed to kill off" list?
I'm reviewing MtMtE at Deadshirt.net! Latest review: MtMtE #27 (Dark Cybertron Chapter 10)
Sale and Trade, Feedback, Want Thread
Anguirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
The British Butcher
Feel the Fury of the British Butcher!

Collection Count: And Encore Maximus completes G1
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to Sol Fury
Ah, so the Anibots became the Predacons, interesting. So those guys were intended to be Autobots? Hard to see them that way now though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Halberd
Sol Fury can be likened to a German clock. A very exact, complex, and tightly-wound precision instrument that occasionally goes cuckoo.
Sol Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
Predacon
So will this piece of news finally put to rest the debate of whether Brawn is dead?
DrBifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
Indiscriminate toy whore.
Collection Count: 532.
News Credits: 30
When the Ani-bots were mentioned in the draft that popped up last month, i assumed they were what become the Predacons.

Aside from the fact the Predacons were called Animatrons in Japan, (hint) The color-blocking never seemed very Decepticon-ish to me.
miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #6
Brother of Bruticus
Lody666's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 200+
News Credits: 2
Hmm-VERY interesting

That "You can kill list" is almost the entire 84-85 list of Autobots. Wonder why they felt the need to kill so many.

Did anyone notice that they wanted a battle between Shockwave with Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage and Ratbat agianst Blaster and a Lion, Tiger, Scorpion and robot?

Some other weird combinations-they included TWO of the three Insecticons and wanted to see Blitzwing take on Warpath and Powerglide. I would like to know why they had an interest in seeing such specifics take place.
Lody's B/S/T
Lody's auctions
WANTS: LEGO Haunted House
Lody666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy
Rotorstorm's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: More than I can count!
I assumed the anibots became the predacons, would have been a very different season 3 with them as bots rather than cons.

feedback
Rotorstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #8
is not insane. Really!
Insane Galvatron's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many to count.
News Credits: 5
Send a message via AIM to Insane Galvatron Send a message via MSN to Insane Galvatron Send a message via Yahoo to Insane Galvatron Send a message via Skype™ to Insane Galvatron
I can't believe the Ani-Bots thing is surprising to anyone. First time info leaked of this early script, I figured out it was supposed to be the Predaking toy. I guess it got pulled from the movie because they decided to make them Decepticons instead.

Click My Sig For My Want Thread! I want to buy your stuff!
Insane Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #9
Auto-Con
MaxLinden's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 100+
Send a message via Skype™ to MaxLinden
Now sound sounds amazing.... That could of been so cool if it happened!
MaxLinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #10
Pro-Customizer
Hotwire's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: It started with one, now it's 22
After reading this, I think someone needs to do a custom Autobot version of the Predacons as the Anibots!

FACEBOOK------------------------------------------COMMISSIONS------------------------------------------WEBSITE
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote