Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Exciting New Headrobots Hothead Update: Backwards Compatible with G1

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #41
the guy with that scan

Collection Count: >2400
News Credits: 11
Send a message via Skype™ to Jarodimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
This is probably a ridiculous question, but is this head PAINTED or am I going to have to paint it myself??

I don't see how the head could work for both Hothead and Hardhead unless it comes unpainted and you paint it yourself...?
What? The Headrobot is "Hothead". He's designed to work for Hardhead and... Hardhead. (The Universe toy and the G1 toy.) Perhaps you're thinking of Hosehead?

Anywho, I'm sure it'll be molded in color, and probably have some paint details. The Cobra Headrobots all have a bit of paint.

Newest Additions: Lots of stuff I'm too lazy to list right now.
Jarodimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #42
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 2
When did Universe Hardhead get crazy expensive? I had to resort to Amazon which is still nearly 40 a pop. Ebay is over the top. Is it solely due to this set? I figured since he wasn't too desired upon release and isn't a Rodimus or Bruticus that he'd be more reasonable.
supervir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #43
Preordained Soul
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to MaxGoof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodimus View Post
What? The Headrobot is "Hothead". He's designed to work for Hardhead and... Hardhead. (The Universe toy and the G1 toy.) Perhaps you're thinking of Hosehead?

Anywho, I'm sure it'll be molded in color, and probably have some paint details. The Cobra Headrobots all have a bit of paint.
I am thinking of Hosehead.

I went ahead and ordered this from BBTS. I hope it looks good painted, though... it'd be too bad if a great sculpt was ruined by awful paints...
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #44
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: approx: 100
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra zartan View Post
The grey version is the prototype version, they have a different insert card for the CONS convention.
thanks again, makes sense to me now. cant wait to see the final product, as im a fan of tf and gi joe.
mac&cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #45
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 2
Assuming L.G.O means Lego...I found this site: [Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]

I can't vouch for them as I've never bought from them, but they are slick. I had no idea these were out there, though it doesn't surprise me given what custom stuff is out there for TF's.
supervir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #46
Hate Plague Autobot
Tirade's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: More than I can remember....
Send a message via MSN to Tirade Send a message via Yahoo to Tirade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Might Gaine View Post
Adding the Cobra logo would have been cool, but it would have also been trademark infringement, and that's something we wanted to avoid.

The version you linked to is a prototype. It's what the original colors were going to be before they were switched to green. The cons exclusive just repackages the prototype with a different card.
I know this is an older thread, but I did go to ToyArena to get the Prototype colored version of the Cobra. I tried to order 2, but they ended up only having 1 in stock. I think their in-stock numbers were incorrect. I remember playing with the cart system and seeing they had 15-17 of the Cobra Prototype color. Do you know where I might be able to acquire one more?

EDIT: Nordcon and C.O.N.S. appear to be using the prototype for their exclusives, but I don't think those are available yet. Moreover, they will probably be more expensive too.
My For Sale Thread
Seibertron Feedback thread
TFW2005 Feedback thread
Tirade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #47
Decepticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirade View Post
EDIT: Nordcon and C.O.N.S. appear to be using the prototype for their exclusives, but I don't think those are available yet. Moreover, they will probably be more expensive too.
We (NordCon) are going to start offering non-attendee packages from our leftovers any day now - possibly Tuesday or Wednesday (just need to finalize one more detail) - but yes, they will be a bit more expensive since it was a limited run with cards that were custom-made for the convention.
Auto Assembly Europe - November 12-13 2011 in Uppsala, Sweden.
Leftover HeadRobot figures from NordCon 2010 are still available at www.nordcon.net
Groundsplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:38 PM   #48
Benriya's coming........
News Credits: 3
I saw the sculpt at Botcon it looked great. Can't wait to see what the final product looks like.
Angelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #49
Hate Plague Autobot
Tirade's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: More than I can remember....
Send a message via MSN to Tirade Send a message via Yahoo to Tirade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundsplitter View Post
We (NordCon) are going to start offering non-attendee packages from our leftovers any day now - possibly Tuesday or Wednesday (just need to finalize one more detail) - but yes, they will be a bit more expensive since it was a limited run with cards that were custom-made for the convention.
Will any be made available to the online community? Thanks for the reply.

On topic, I can't wait to see more finalized pictures of the Hothead figure.
My For Sale Thread
Seibertron Feedback thread
TFW2005 Feedback thread
Tirade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:49 AM   #50
Decepticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirade View Post
Will any be made available to the online community? Thanks for the reply.
Absolutely. We didn't sell all the units at NordCon 2010 (had disappointingly low attendance numbers), so now the remainders will be sold to anyone who's interested.
Auto Assembly Europe - November 12-13 2011 in Uppsala, Sweden.
Leftover HeadRobot figures from NordCon 2010 are still available at www.nordcon.net
Groundsplitter is offline   Reply With Quote