Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

The Fifth (and final) Hall Of Fame Nominee - DINOBOT

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #61
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusacon View Post
...2nd hof I could see, but you got to respects the elders...
Even if your elders were absent-minded, unresponsive and uptight even back when they weren't old, and haven't aged well since?

Right. Tell me another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Vader View Post
Without the other HOF'rs and nominees there wouldn't have been a Beast Wars era. And I'm not talking about the chronological storyline. I'm talking about what made the TF's big in the actual human world WE live in.
You know, I find this endless nonsense staement of "but if there was no geewun, there wouldn't be BW" funny, because once agin, it WAS that era of Transformers that almost got it killed, and BW had to save Transformers' ass.

If it wasn't for BW we wouldn't even have a HOF for Transformers because Transformers wouldn't exist today.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #62
Autobot
As much as I love chopperface, Grimlock (the original chopperface) will still get my vote, although I am really tempted to vote for Dinobot because he is the most develop character we have ever seen. I mean when he sacrificed himself it just rips at your soul. Any of the other guys, you go whatever, oh wait most of them wouldn't have the guts to do it. I better watch it I'm liable talk myself into changing my vote.
maximus_primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #63
#Takanuvariseagain
Collection Count: A Armada of Primes,Bees,Megatrons,Ultra Ms,Dinobots
News Credits: 6
Send a message via Yahoo to Spiderus Prime Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderus Prime
I think my vote is go to Dinobot or Grimlock maybe Dinobot.
Quote:
The Amazing Spider-Mario and The Incredible Luigi HULK
Spiderus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #64
"No Mas" My Wallet
Collection Count: 255
News Credits: 1
ah that answers that I was honestly not sure if he would get in the top five for fans to vote in this year. As Awesome as he is he has to be regarded as a Long shot at best to win the voting. as for which of the 5 I am voting for its undecided but it will be for one of the dino formers.

3DSfriendcode : 0147-0004-7889
grimlock1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #65
Decepticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirus View Post
^ Well...that was when they were still all fighting over energon, rather than to make the struggles of all previous Transformers not matter. But sure, if the Maximals hadn't been around after that to stop him, same end result.
Yeah,but that's when the discovery of the Ark is being realized by Megatron,Dinobot,Tarantulas,and Blackarachnia.So that was a transition from what they thought was just Energon,to a devastating alteration of the future.

Quote:
I think some people are focusing more on what the character accomplished on TV over how influential the character was on the fan base.
Dinobot,let alone,the rest of the Beast Wars characters greatly influenced a whole new number of Fans from a dying Franchise.When you look at the other four who are already at the Hall of Fame,along with the other nominees,they also have great character development as well as being an influence to many generations of Fans.Each of those eight went through various incarnations,whilst there is only one version of Dinobot in existence,no matter of the toys or other forms of media he is on,it is still the same Dinobot from Beast Wars,while the rest went through so many changes,and are usually not connected to each of their other incarnations.

And why does it have to be strictly G1-focused?I'm proud that at least one Beast character even got to be nominated in this contest at all.
TMIIWonkoNemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #66
Attack Buffalo
Collection Count: 810
News Credits: 19
Quote:
I'm pretty sure they just tossed in a Beast to appease the BW fans.
fan voting got him in the nominations. he beat out all the other characters that were up for this slot. hasbro didnt "toss" him in to "appease" anyone.

it's hilarious and depressing how many people are offended by this. just because he's there doesnt mean you have to vote for him. vote for who you want.
I'm selling things!

Help keep Transformers Animated alive! Preorder Bluster & Trench today, exclusively at Planet Steel Express by clicking this banner!
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #67
Banned
Collection Count: About 70.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Even if your elders were absent-minded, unresponsive and uptight even back when they weren't old, and haven't aged well since?

Right. Tell me another.

You know, I find this endless nonsense staement of "but if there was no geewun, there wouldn't be BW" funny, because once agin, it WAS that era of Transformers that almost got it killed, and BW had to save Transformers' ass.

If it wasn't for BW we wouldn't even have a HOF for Transformers because Transformers wouldn't exist today.
When did BW first air? I didn't realize BW saved the TF franchise. I thought BW started at some point in the mid to later 90's and had a shorter life span than G1.
Optimus Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #68
Aerialbot
News Credits: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
it's hilarious and depressing how many people are offended by this. just because he's there doesnt mean you have to vote for him. vote for who you want.
Quoted for truth.
My wants and trades.

Quote:
BALL JOINTS FTW!
DarthCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #69
Banned
Collection Count: About 70.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemi View Post
And why does it have to be strictly G1-focused?I'm proud that at least one Beast character even got to be nominated in this contest at all.
If you're replying to me; it doesn't. All I said is that when I see the other HOF members and the final nominees, I think that Jazz, Soundwave, Shockwave, and Grimlock, are more influential characters.

..and then I took a jab at BW and people got "offended."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
fan voting got him in the nominations. he beat out all the other characters that were up for this slot. hasbro didnt "toss" him in to "appease" anyone.

Who's offended? You?
Optimus Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #70
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 18
Quote:
I agree. The other nominees are Jazz, Soundwave, and Shockwave, and this guy?! I'm pretty sure they just tossed in a Beast to appease the BW fans.
Once again, people - these five nominees were chosen BY FANS. Nobody was "tossed in" to appease anyone, or to balance things, or to make them "not G1" - Dinobot is here because fans VOTED for him to be here.
Chris McFeely on Twitter - - Chris McFeely on YouTube
Chris McFeely is offline   Reply With Quote