Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Custom nova prime prototype

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2010, 04:49 PM   #361
Render Project Creations
News Credits: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by protostar8 View Post
I'd be all for it. It honestly pisses me off when groups do super limited runs on things like this. They could have easily went to someone that makes toys like this (fan made toys) and worked a deal to get it cast and mass produced. So if one of the 10 people is nice enough to recast these, then I'm all for it!!! These people want to choose to be stingy about the number made, then let someone else reproduce it and sell to people who understand that $500 is ridiculous when it could be much cheaper had they worked a deal with an established group.

Edit: BTW, it is an incredible figure, but come the **** on guys, you shouldn't be limiting greatness like you are and you know it...
Actually, producing this figure, would be the most expensive project for any 3rd party group ever. That is why no other group picked it up yet. When you have a deluxe size figure like Defendor retailing for $80 something, this figure would easily be over $140. And most of the groups are trying to keep their products under $100, after what Hasbro said about the price of 3rd party products at the last BotCon.

So the group isn't pulling a fast one on everyone, by making 10 of these. Its just not possible financially, to make this a factory made product yet. Even the resin version their creating is alot of hard work. Its not simple. And I'm sure anyone who buys it, won't be able to recast it, after seeing the amount of work that will be required.

At the same time, anyone trying to recast this figure, will screw themselves over financially, in case the group does some how mass produce them in a factory.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #362
Technobot
protostar8's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: In the hundreds
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrillBIT View Post
  1. It's a toy on a sensitive line.
  2. The cost for making this kit is from somebody's pocket. Not from some company's budget.
  3. Mastercollectables probably wants to stay around for a little longer before IDW jumps on their back.
  4. It's a garage kit. It's not going to be anything from $15 ~ $30.
Don't even start with that kinda crud. I don't expect it to be super cheap, but ~$100-150 would be expected IMO if they had made a deal with a company like the ones ALREADY DOING STUFF LIKE THIS. Don't forget that before War Within Prime was made by Hasbro, he was a fan custom that was sold. HoS Prime...SAME DEAL!!! These guys are just artificially upping the price for "exclusivity" and that's bulls***.

Edit: BTW, I have made and have even spoken with and gotten all the information about mass producing (or at least producing as many as needed) a custom I did, so I'm not just talking out my a**. I actually have a decent idea of the costs involved and how painstaking it is to make something complex.
Collecting TF's for 25 YEARS. Got something to sell, check out my Wants List! Now Collecting Busou Shinki!!!
Wants List http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wanted...l#post10452433
Old 06-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #363
Terrorcon
Collection Count: 181 and not slowing
Send a message via MSN to ryanlb
How are
Kamen Rider collection -- Transformer collection
Please buy my toys -- feedback -- Toy Pics -- Toy Review Videos -- 2 Drunk Geeks and Ryan Podcast
Old 05-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #364
Technobot
Collection Count: when I was a kid, about 24. now 6
Send a message via MSN to trence5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venksta View Post
Actually, producing this figure, would be the most expensive project for any 3rd party group ever. That is why no other group picked it up yet. When you have a deluxe size figure like Defendor retailing for $80 something, this figure would easily be over $140. And most of the groups are trying to keep their products under $100, after what Hasbro said about the price of 3rd party products at the last BotCon.

So the group isn't pulling a fast one on everyone, by making 10 of these. Its just not possible financially, to make this a factory made product yet. Even the resin version their creating is alot of hard work. Its not simple. And I'm sure anyone who buys it, won't be able to recast it, after seeing the amount of work that will be required.

At the same time, anyone trying to recast this figure, will screw themselves over financially, in case the group does some how mass produce them in a factory.
I find myself having to agree with you. I bought some stuff from a hobby shop because I'm planning to make my own variation of Prime's axe, hopefully, and after thinking about costs of tools, supplies, compare how much an axe - I'm starting to wonder if I'd come out cheaper just buying the damn thing. Customs are NOT inexpensive.
-Wow you mean Nova Pri, um I mean Commander is at $500 bucks?!?!? Fellas, you might come out better just buying a Cybertron Optimus/Galaxy Convoy and PAINTING him white.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #365
the guy with that scan

Collection Count: >2400
News Credits: 11
Send a message via Skype™ to Jarodimus
If you were gonna resurrect this thread, you could've at least waited 2 more days until the anniversary of the last post....

Newest Additions: Lots of stuff I'm too lazy to list right now.
Closed Thread