Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Massive Black TF2 Concept Art featuring Devastator

Reply Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #21
The Jakman
Collection Count: um... maybe 1200thousand times 0.0000001?? i dunno
News Credits: 3
IMO, the devy was kinda meh, but the idea of a hive is pretty cool XD
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Its So Delectable!...............
JakmanFirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:09 AM   #22
Injector Has a Posse
News Credits: 10
Send a message via AIM to Sso02V
That Sideswipe concept is cool, if not maybe a bit too bulky-looking for the vehicle it turns into.

TFWiki.net - We are here...We are waiting
Sso02V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:18 AM   #23
Cajun Kick-Ass
Collection Count: Yes
News Credits: 3
I like that Devastator much more. I find the final one too goofy looking. Bigger and uglier doesn't necessarily mean it's more menacing, but I suppose that was the thinking?

The Sideswipe is neat too. A bit weird proportionally but not really in a bad way. If it didn't have the wacky wheel feet I wouldn't mind it at all.

Ktulu's Junkion Exchange Seller Feedback

Last edited by Ktulu; 10-23-2009 at 05:20 AM..
Ktulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #24
It's been a while.
honcho's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: I dunno anymore. 150+
Send a message via MSN to honcho
Oooh, I like that Devastator, but it needs some kind of "umph" to it to make it look more unique because it looks almost a little too generic. I dig the humanoid shape of it, though. The used design in the movie was okay, but it was kinda derfy and not very threatening.

...Then again, I was spoilering the hell out of myself before it premiered, maybe the impact would have been better if I didn't. Or maybe if Devastator didn't go out like a bitch.

I hope we see the Hive eventually in fiction, because that thing is cool as hell. I love the design, and a toy of that would have been insane.
honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #25
News Credits: -13
Collection Count: Dunno
I love the bulky SR-17 Robot design with beard (Not round 2). It has better proportions than the spindly final Jetfire, and just looks beastly. Even though it shares a similar silhouette.
The Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:47 AM   #26
Terrorcon
the sr71 bot there reminds me of something...

ryan.j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #27
Omnibot
I like that Corvette TF, but the first thought I had when I saw him, with the coloration and general design was "That's Prowl." Not that Prowl would be a bad thing.

The problem with having that Devastator (which is awesome, in his own right) is that he would be very difficult to get the design to work on screen. You'd need all very long shots to fit a vertical robot in a movie frame. The hunched over, low-and-wide design of movie Devs means you can show the whole robot in a widescreen format much more easily than an upright version. Even the "regular" robots, Prime, Megs, etc, are only very rarely shown standing up straight, showing the whole robot in the shot. And if the whole robot is shown (like in the Forest Fight,) The camera would have to be around 300 yards away. That's why they had so many "platforms" in ROTF. Watch the scene with Prime in the Hangar, or Megs re-meeting Sam. The humans are all raised up so you can get the robot's face, and the human in shot. OR, you'll get a shot of Sam and a robot's ankle. Or, the robot hunched over in the garage. You've gotta remember that great designs don't always work, becuas of the needs of a widescreen format movie.
RedHeadKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:27 AM   #28
Decepticon
News Credits: 1
I prefer the Devastator we got, he was way more characterful in design. The one shown in this concept art looked too much like a generic bot. I am loving that corvette-former design though.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #29
News Credits: 30
The problem with that Devastator is that he's a just a guy wearing construction vehicles, and nothing more.
shroobmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #30
News Credits: 8
Pfft, forget Devastator! That's Insecticon Collective is where it's at! Seriously, that should definitely be in the third movie.
Xaddion is offline   Reply With Quote