Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Botcon 2009 Animating Animated Panel Coverage

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #21
Collection Count: more the 100 less then 1000.... I think
News Credits: 3
So in theory the last we would have seen of the dinobots is them flying into the sea... I'm kinda happy they never got any screen time
Blitz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
Silver Wolf
Collection Count: 2
News Credits: 48
Now at least they have lots of holes for spinoffs to fill out on comic books and hopefully some toys in the Universe line later.
DrillBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:20 PM   #23
Sculpticon
Collection Count: 35 - animated
News Credits: 4
Ok SO they've now officially said its over...have they said why?

If its only over because Hasbro want to run their own series on thier new channel thats kinda lame.

I assume we will at least get a season 3 dvd release?

And not saying what will happen to the the toy line suggests one of two things,

They are making the announcement separately (possibly with anouncement of the last pieces) or even Hasbro haven't fully decided what they're doing with the toy line yet.

My guess is the latter
Current Animated Want List - Voyager Prime (black) - Rodimus (black) - Elite Guard Prowl - Motormaster - Dragstrip - Wildrider - Deadend - Breakdown - Toxitron - Sideswipe - Minerva - Fisitron - Cheetor - Jackpot
I'm a girl BTW...the clue is in the name
caitlindevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #24
Hop on the beam
Collection Count: Lots of Bots
Send a message via AIM to Coaxial
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieMaus View Post
Whatever the case, it's a real shame that the show ended when it did, because there was very clearly a lot of juice left in the tank...
Agreed. Don't you just LOL at the folks who are all like "man, what's wrong - they tied it up PERFECTLY!" I mean like, really... did they? Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnator View Post
I am glad it failed and maybe we can move on to a cool-looking Transformers show.
Yeah, well good for you. Plenty of us aren't glad that it failed. Some of us bothered to give it a real chance and watch it grow into one of the best TF incarnations ever offered since the inception of the franchise. I wasn't a fan of the designs at first either, but heck, they grew on me so fast I soon questioned why I ever doubted the look in the first place.

Last edited by Coaxial; 05-29-2009 at 06:28 PM..
Coaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #25
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlindevi View Post
Ok SO they've now officially said its over...have they said why?
Yeah, this is really what I want to know. People can make up reasons all they like about how the show didn't do well or the toys didn't sell, but those are totally unproven things, and I really want someone to agressively press Hasbro on this at the panel tomorrow and find out WHY the legs have been cut out from under the line. Yes, it's lifespan has been about the same as a Unicron Trilogy show, but those were specifically *designed* to be that long and had their cartoons produced with that timeframe in mind - Animated has clearly been cut short before it has reached its natural end.
Chris McFeely on Twitter - - Chris McFeely on YouTube
Chris McFeely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #26
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnator View Post
So where are all those people who told me I was wrong when I stated months ago that the Animated cartoon was definitely ending with season 3? The toys didn't sell, the show didn't do as well as expected, and honestly the kids weren't interested in it. I have said this for months now but faced so much denial it was crazy. Simple economics really. Finally it is confirmed and honestly thank God. Hell Kickback had to change his signature just to stop the denial on so many levels. I am glad it failed and maybe we can move on to a cool-looking Transformers show. Finally some catharsis on this issue.
What the hell, this was a cool looking show, much better than that anime shit, anime is full of bullshit, this new style was somthing new, I dont want shitty block looking TFs, cars are NOT boxes! Every TF show tried to stick with the ususal, this show had the balls and the audacity to try somthing new, thats why its an awesome show. The story line was good the action was awsum the animation was by far the best TF animation. Only a true TF fan would actually give a new series a chance, but arrogant assholes like yourself dont see that, the toyline did sell well, I barely even see animated toys when I go in a store, the shelves are empty as hell, and the only things left is the universe line on clearence for $8.99
SlyTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #27
Bear-sona!
Collection Count: A Lot
News Credits: 30
Send a message via AIM to G1Wheeljack Send a message via Skype™ to G1Wheeljack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Fury View Post
Animated will not continue beyond season 3 in animation
xover 9000 Still, this gives me hope we may see another comic some time in the future, though I would really like a Direct to DVD movie.
G1Wheeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #28
Maximal
Send a message via AIM to Beemer
This all reminds me of the 2002 Mike Young Productions He-Man... it was an awesome show beloved by the fandom and ended way too soon. ::sigh::

I think that if I like something, it gets cancelled... must learn to never like anything.

I think there's a lot of unmined (sorry!) story potential in the idea that Unicron, inhabiting the Earth's core, is actually the EVIL twin to Primus' Cybertron. Can all our evils now be blamed on Unicron's taintWAIT NO LET ME REPHRASE
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #29
BlackArachnia Terrorize!
dark69's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 600+
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to dark69 Send a message via Yahoo to dark69
well that sux hasbro is so shitty

my feedback: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...81-dark69.htmlmy sales thread: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...ml#post3933660
dark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #30
Decepticon
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to Zoot
Shew! For a minute there I thought Hasbro was going to actually keep an amazing thing going. But no, like everything else they do they can't keep a good thing going.

Good job Hasbro. Hey while you're at it can you see if you can destroy some more good things out there? You know the wheel's been around for awhile, I think it's time you guys stepped in and f*cked that up too.
My Stuff for sale/trade
My Feedback
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Zoot is offline   Reply With Quote