Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Don Figueroa Interview

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #11
Where was Sol Fury?
Sol Fury was here!

News Credits: 35
Send a message via AIM to ORIO
That is truly sad news. Everything Don has contributed to Transformers has been amazing. WWI, The G1 series, his run on Armada, the MTMTE profiles, Beast Wars, Macromasters and more, more, more, have all been amazing. We've been very lucky to have such an amazing talent and fan working on some of our favorite characters.

You'll be missed Don and I wish you the best on future projects!
Listen to me weekdays on KTEG 10am-3pm MST HERE.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
Matrix Templar
Brodimus Prime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 309
News Credits: 1
Send a message via ICQ to Brodimus Prime Send a message via AIM to Brodimus Prime Send a message via MSN to Brodimus Prime Send a message via Yahoo to Brodimus Prime
Thanks so much for everything, Don. Your work has been awe-inspiring ever since Macromasters. We'll miss seeing you in the comics. But godspeed. It was such a thrill and pleasure meeting you, and thanks again for revealing the secrets behind the remainder of the Macromasters saga to me and my buddy at BotCon in Lexington!
FORCE CHIP, IGNITION! > CYBER-KEY POWER!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:40 PM   #13
Black Convoy's Dark Angel
News Credits: 6
Send a message via AIM to Black Oracle
Don's not going to be doing much more on TFs comics?! This worries me, coz his TFs artwork is the only one that has ever made melt with admiration! He's the best TFs comic artist of recent years hands down! I think TFs art will suffer a significant losss without his work and creativity in bot designs. *Is sad.*
I call him Black Convoy!
My fanfiction
Animated: Eulogy to a Fallen Hero, Glimpses; Prime: TFs: Prime Shorts
Old 12-05-2007, 12:44 PM   #14
Expect the Unexpected.
Location: Nebraska or From the depths of the high plains/heartland
Collection Count: 90+
Awesome artist. He will be missed, and I hope whatever projects he's involved in, makes him happy. Best wishes to him. His artwork will inspire more artist no doubt about it and will continue for years on.

My Feedback:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...light=Ezilla82
Old 12-05-2007, 12:45 PM   #15
Broken
Collection Count: 1, and it means more to me than a sealed G1 Collection
News Credits: 7
Sucks he's not doing TF. While I'm glad my question was used, I'm bummed by the response.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:01 PM   #16
Special Ops
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Oracle View Post
TFs art will suffer a significant losss without his work and creativity in bot designs.
Nonsense.

Don's earned a break. And he's far from the only good TF artist. Far.

Take 'er easy Don! You don't owe anybody anything.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #17
Double Agent
News Credits: 7
I always say that it was because of Dreamwave's G1 comics that got me back into Transformers after a 15 year hiatus, but it was specifically Don's artwork that made me pay attention to Dreamwave in the first place. He is an absolutely unparalleled artist as well as a true conceptual genius as far as I'm concerned. Refining pre-established G1 characters by making them look more realistic and a little more adult savvy is one thing, but to redesign virtually ALL of them through series like War Within & Stormbringer is something else entirely... not to mention the toy designs he's done for Hasbro.

I could not even begin to properly articulate the admiration & respect I have for Don as an artist & designer, but will forever be grateful for him breathing some MUCH needed new life into the franchise and helping it 'grow up' more than I ever thought was possible. He made Transformers look & feel the way I always wanted them to, and definitely helped bring their image to a new level of respectable acceptance.

When I bought Don's "Best Of" book that IDW released last year, I had the highest hopes that it would contain the majorty of his sketches & concept art as found in the back of TPB's he's worked on. Unfortunately that was not the case at all, and while it's a decent overview of his work with Dreamwave & IDW, I think his contribution to this franchise undeniably warrants proper recognition in that form one of these days considering the sheer amount of stuff that we still haven't even seen yet.

I'm glad he's getting out and/or taking a break on a high note, but will eagerly await more TF material from him in the future.

Nothing but respect for Mr. Figueroa!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #18
Antigrav Singular Destron
Darkprime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Please don't make me count them
News Credits: 13
Send a message via AIM to Darkprime Send a message via MSN to Darkprime Send a message via Skype™ to Darkprime
I believe Don has a hidden message for us in Devastation #5...

Liquidating 1/2 to 2/3 of my collection...check it out in Junkion Exchange
PSN: Djinnmage
Junkion Feedback Thread
Old 12-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #19
Beard On! Beardmaster!

Deefuzz's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many
News Credits: 3
That was a damned fine read, with awesome art visuals at the end there.

Good job!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:20 PM   #20
Hi.
Collection Count: Not sure. I'm guessing it's a whole number...
News Credits: 198
Best of luck on your future projects, Don, and thanks so much for everything you've given to the rest of us fans over the years! I look forward to your upcoming projects, and eagerly await any future TF work you may do!
Click here for all of my videos!
My Feedback Thread
Closed Thread