Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

New Transformers Animated Series details revealed at NTFA Mini-con

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
Decepticon
New Transformers Animated Series details revealed at NTFA Mini-con

Yes, we saw it yesterday. Unfortunately we only got about half an episode though - it seems there had either been some miscommunication or a case of conflicting minds over at Hasbro USA, and even though Hasbro Nordic had initially been given clearance by Hasbro USA to let us show an entire episode, later we were told we couldn't show more than a portion of it.

It was a very interesting preview though, and I can tell you that even though I were very sceptical when I saw the first posters for the series a while ago, I think the cartoon may turn out to be quite entertaining. What struck me the most is that it seems all the characters will be portrayed with distinct personalities - a very welcome change compared to the three latest series, were most of the characters were blank slates.
There were also quite a few nods to the old fans - I haven't seen the clips on YouTube so I don't know what has been shown before, but the show actually starts with Optimus Prime looking at some archive clips from the war that ended a few hundred years ago - clips that are taken straight from the original G1 cartoon! And Ratchet is said to have taken part of that war, which poses the question if this is the original Ratchet, or just someone who shares the name.

That will have to be all for now; I've only just returned home and it's getting late over here, but I'm sure some of the other NTFA members will show up to tell you a bit more eventually.
Auto Assembly Europe - November 12-13 2011 in Uppsala, Sweden.
Leftover HeadRobot figures from NordCon 2010 are still available at www.nordcon.net
Groundsplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
Self-Titled #1 Lugnut Fan
Collection Count: Probably around 400?
News Credits: 180
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno
Sweet. To everyone who saw the clip: Tell us more! We wants to know!
BT Toons - updates Tuesdays and Fridays.
Tekno Reviews: Watch Tekno and the Lugnut-tans review and rate toys!
General Tekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:12 PM   #3
Is not amused.
Collection Count: 300+
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundsplitter View Post
The show actually starts with Optimus Prime looking at some archive clips from the war that ended a few hundred years ago - clips that are taken straight from the original G1 cartoon! And Ratchet is said to have taken part of that war, which poses the question if this is the original Ratchet, or just someone who shares the name.
So TF Animated is a continuation of G1? TF Animated would have to be set in the future if the G1 war ended a few hundred years ago. Wasn't the G1 movie set in 2007?
a person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:31 PM   #4
Professor of Animation
Collection Count: Lost count been buying them since 86
News Credits: 12
The movie was 2005, The 3rd season was 2010 I believe.

Artist/Figure Kitbasher-Repainter
"What am I doing in a Transformers forum? Well I've got Pegus don't I?"
Tekkaman Blade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:20 AM   #5
Taylor Swift Actionmaster

Lumpy's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 9 million cacti...
News Credits: 28
if this is a continuation of g1 that'd be really sweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIO View Post
I love it. Can't wait to get it from Lumpy
FEEDBACK
Do you like stupid & inappropriate? Then follow me on Twitter @mrlumptastic
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:35 AM   #6
The. Balls. Will. Touch.
BigPete is the Big_Daddy of TFW!
Collection Count: ∞ or so
News Credits: 4
I was one of the people who simply hated Animated after seeing the first teaser pics, but I was positively surprised when we saw this first episode. They're going for more characterization, more humor (which doesn't work every time, but still), and this entirely new, fresh take on Optimus Prime being a young and inexperienced officer in the Autobot army. The animation style definitely takes some getting used to, but I managed to see beyond the triangular shapes and weird proportions of the 'bots, and merely saw them as characters, and damn good characters at that! I will still not start collecting the toyline, but I will certainly check out the show.
Big_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:52 AM   #7
"Apart" ≠ "a part"
News Credits: 75
Send a message via ICQ to Nevermore Send a message via MSN to Nevermore Send a message via Skype™ to Nevermore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkaman Blade View Post
The movie was 2005, The 3rd season was 2010 I believe.
Only in Japan. In the US, season 3 was set in 2006.

My new multi-purpose blog | My sales thread, my feedback as a seller and buyer.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:28 AM   #8
Quintesson
News Credits: 1
Animated takes place in the 22nd century (or was it 23rd?). Some notes (I don't know what is already known so bear with me):

Blitzwing has three faces, although the third wasn't very clear (the entire Decepticon scene is in the dark). First is the strict monocled guy, the second is a very clichéd Arnie "stupid" German accent and the third was just crazy and singing. Not too sure about this guy, but he might make a cool toy.

Allspark looks vaguely Matrix-shaped with handles, but it's much bigger. So far the only Allspark-carrier has been... Ratchet

Blackarachnia is exactly her BW self (her alt mode is considered organic, btw) and Starscream is exactly his G1 self, personality-wise.

Ratchet has a mix of Ironhide/Kup with the "old-timer" personality thing going on. As mentioned, not clear whether he is actually THE Ratchet.

Sentinel (Prime) is an officer in the Autobot army and Ultra Magnus is the Supreme Commander who bosses Optimus around.

Optimus trained at the Autobot academy and is going about doing heroic stuff from the very beginning, but there must be a reason why he's stuck on a crappy repair mission...

Optimus' axe has quite a few features except the energon blade. It has a rocket thruster on it, and the handle can extend Dragonball style for him to do polevaults. Somehow Optimus can also fire nets.
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Introducing: Supreme class Smokescreen
SmokescreenSWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:28 AM   #9
Banned
Collection Count: 85
News Credits: 40
sounds promising!
Soundwave84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:25 AM   #10
I am Vern Schillinger
Easterling Capt's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Not to many
My take on it.

If you can get past the animation witch is diffrent then the other shows it will seem like a very good show. its nice to see a young inexperienced prime for once and not the know it all leader. The high commander is Ultra Magnus and seems like a bit of an old timer.

Blitzwing is probaly schizo but he looks to have the same look like his old G1 , but as posted the decepticons are black so you cant see but you can see the tank gun on his back .

Starscreams seems as illojal as ever. looks slick in his red/black colors you see him a bit in the end credits

Megatron sollks awesome with his armcannon, a glimps of him in color is shown in the end credits. to. Mainly black and grey wonder what he transform into.

The big bulky decepticon I dunno , looks like a one eye bot, imagende Shockwave on 100 year streak on MacDonalds

Blackarachnia, and evil female ,. ..interesting.

THe autobot crew so far consist of only 4. Prime show of his moves with his energon axe in an early stage to svae the other autobots from some space bridge opening and a bunch of rocks flying around, looks really cool.

Bumblebee is the young inexperienced teeneagre I would describe him as an Bulkhead the big guy that looks though but is probably rather nice and clumsy.

Prowl ..well a Ninja robot..looks awesome but I think he dont have any combat experience but wants to

Ratchet..as posted above, a merge of kup/ironhide and ratchet from old. looks to be scared from millions or years of battle. you can see it on his face he is tired of the fighting.

Overall the show got potential if you look beyond the animation , give it a chance with an open mind. The coolest thing is that MEgatron looks so much like his G1 character is scary. Im not going to collect the line but I might snagg an Megatron and Op from this line.

Mac
Oz - one of the greatest shows made. To all those actors that made that show possible. Thx
Easterling Capt is offline   Reply With Quote