Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Botcon 2007 - Transformers Collectors Club Roundtable

Reply Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2007, 10:49 PM   #41
Technobot
News Credits: 3
seacons? new insections? i like!
ssg4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:35 PM   #42
Collection Count: 45
News Credits: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7
Just curious, what Seacons are everyone talking about? I remember hearing them mentioned last year around Botcon, but, I've never actually heard what their exactly supposed to be, like what line they're a part of, that kind of stuff. Thanks in advance to whomever can fill me in here.
Soo...............nobody can help me out here? I've done a little research about the Seacons, but I still don't know anything about the new set of them that has been talked about for a long time now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus major View Post
this man is a genius
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:45 PM   #43
Swindle Knows Best
Collection Count: Quite a few
News Credits: 17
Quote:
Soo...............nobody can help me out here? I've done a little research about the Seacons, but I still don't know anything about the new set of them that has been talked about for a long time now.
All I know is that it was supposed to be a Universe release. But I am not %100 certain of that. Sorry, I know others have more info than me!

Runamuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:47 PM   #44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runamuck
All I know is that it was supposed to be a Universe release. But I am not %100 certain of that. Sorry, I know others have more info than me!
It's ok. Depending on what they are supposed to be/look like when finally made, I might be interested in them. I've been slowly gaining more interest in combiners and gestalts, lol.
Quote:
this man is a genius
Old 06-30-2007, 11:51 PM   #45
Swindle Knows Best
Collection Count: Quite a few
News Credits: 17
Quote:
It's ok. Depending on what they are supposed to be/look like when finally made, I might be interested in them. I've been slowly gaining more interest in combiners and gestalts, lol.

Well, they were supposed to be G1 repaints, I think.

[Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]

Hasbro kept putting them off, though.

Runamuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:54 PM   #46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runamuck
Well, they were supposed to be G1 repaints, I think.

[Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]

Hasbro kept putting them off, though.
Hmmm....the Universe line would of been the best place for them. If not that the Classics line could of been a nice home for them, lol.
Quote:
this man is a genius
Old 07-01-2007, 12:44 AM   #47
don't know nothing

Send a message via AIM to KidDynamite Send a message via Yahoo to KidDynamite
Quote:
Several years ago, I believe in either 2003 or 2004, Hasbro planned to release a box set as a store exclusive in the Universe line. It was a repaint of the G1 Seacons. My vague recollection is that the primary color scheme was orange and blue. For whatever reason, no retailers wanted them, so they were shelved. For whatever reason, fans attached themselves to this as some kind of pet project (this in spite of reaction to the pictures being mixed at best), and have continued to ask about it every year since. In somewhat unusual fashion, Hasbro continues to claim they're looking for a place to release them even years after they were announced, leading some of the most optimistic among the fanbase to speculate they may have even manufactured them and have them just sitting in a warehouse waiting for the light of day to surface.
Facebook, Last.fm, Twitter, Flikr
Xbox Live: MonkeyBaconCake
KidDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:14 AM   #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite
Several years ago, I believe in either 2003 or 2004, Hasbro planned to release a box set as a store exclusive in the Universe line. It was a repaint of the G1 Seacons. My vague recollection is that the primary color scheme was orange and blue. For whatever reason, no retailers wanted them, so they were shelved. For whatever reason, fans attached themselves to this as some kind of pet project (this in spite of reaction to the pictures being mixed at best), and have continued to ask about it every year since. In somewhat unusual fashion, Hasbro continues to claim they're looking for a place to release them even years after they were announced, leading some of the most optimistic among the fanbase to speculate they may have even manufactured them and have them just sitting in a warehouse waiting for the light of day to surface.
Ok, that make sense. So it's basicaly fan's wishfull thinkings anymore, lol. It would be cool to see, but, I personally doubt that we ever will, lol.
Quote:
this man is a genius
Old 07-01-2007, 02:12 AM   #49
I'm too old for this shit
Collection Count: Too many
Glad to hear the 6" Titaniums may yet come out somehow or another. I dinna care how, I'll buy 'em. Deluxe Insecticons Reborn sounds good. Seacons...meh. I was never big on the color scheme in the first place, ranking a solid third behind the other two.

I actually don't like the idea of Leader Class toys in the box set. Most of the Leaders get the double dip already, to varying degrees of success. I tend to pick what I deem the better of the two precisely because I don't want two of such a large toy. I'd rather it stay just like it is, more toys centered around a Voyager or Ultra.
Omnibus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:14 AM   #50
Mini-Con
All I am legitimately interested in is the Sentinel Prime repaint of CDHS? (Is that the correct acronym, I can never get these things straight.)

Like, how would that have worked, I wonder. Surely, not the green/lessgreen/moregreen deco we ended up getting.

Doubtful, but any more information on this strange almost-had?
Ham Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote