Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers Movie Ironhide CGI Design Images First Look

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
Twitter: @Super_Megatron
Collection Count: Lost Count
News Credits: 9
Transformers Movie Ironhide CGI Design Images First Look

Thanks to MF MooN for the pic.

The world’s largest fan-run Transformers convention TFcon - July 11th to 13th, 2014 in TORONTO

SPECIAL GUESTS:
SUE BLU the voice of G1 Arcee and director of Beast Wars, Beast Machines and Transformers Animated
GARRY CHALK the voice of Optimus Primal in Beast Wars and Beast Machines and Optimus Prime in Armada, Energon and Cybertron
AARON ARCHER - Former Creative Lead for all TRANSFORMERS partnerships
SARAH STONE - Transformers: Windblade artist with more TBA

America's largest fan-run Transformers convention TFcon - October 24th to 26th, 2014 in CHICAGO.
Super_Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
Graphicon
Collection Count: 200+ and still growing
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus_Prime
nice, first the toy and now this, pretty sweet. I hope we get more of these soon.

I like the black but a dark red, burgundy color could've worked good for him as well .
Maximus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:32 PM   #3
Needs to post more
Collection Count: ~200
Send a message via AIM to Alpha Prime
Kind of blury. The basics of it look good though.
Facebook
Alpha Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
Foxtail Dreamer
Once again, the movie designs just look too spikey and all over the place. Overall, it doesn't look bad in that pose, but I can't see it working well when he's running all over the place on the big screen. Personally, I think the designs are way too busy and all seem to look alike to some degree. This photo is fuzzy, granted, but I'm disturbed by how much movie Ironhide resembles movie Megatron. There's also a huge difference between this design and the voyager-class figure we saw earlier today. I don't know. I just don't know...

EDIT: Why does Ironhide have two forearm-mounted BFGs, and Megatron gets none? It doesn't make sense.
EDcomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
Red Mage in Training
Where do you keep finding this stuff?

Looks very interesting. The truck front really is his shoulders instead of his chest. Definitely looks like the bruiser of the Autobots.
"In the Arena of Logic, I fight unarmed." - Red Mage, 8-bit Theater
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #6
Super Dick
Collection Count: A few pieces of plastic.
News Credits: 3
IRONHIDE!!!!!

So far Iron Hide is my favorite transformer. Well its a tie with Optimus Prime. I just love the toy the black color scheme and he is also armed to the teeth. But is it just me or is barricade the only decepticon that matches one of the autobots size? It seems like all of the decepticons are massive while the Autobots are pretty small. I mean I want to see robots that can go toe to toe with each other in a fist fight and if the final battle is between Optimus and Megatron in the Movie its going to be like a Midget against a teenager. Not that a midget couldnt win I am just talking size wise
jdre_124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:38 PM   #7
Mini-Con
I like the toy-but as with some of the others-I think the peeps who designed these guys just got way too busy with there bodies! sometimes less is more with detail-a smooth surface here and there would have been nice, I feel like I would cut my hands if I touched these guys. I understand the whole not being blocky but c'mon, if you squint your eyes they look like a worshack test...
Prime Suspect
PRIME SUSPECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #8
News Credits: 10
Definately better than the Starscream CGI pic!
My feedback
Robogeek28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #9
Foxtail Dreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIME SUSPECT
I like the toy-but as with some of the others-I think the peeps who designed these guys just got way too busy with there bodies! sometimes less is more with detail-a smooth surface here and there would have been nice, I feel like I would cut my hands if I touched these guys. I understand the whole not being blocky but c'mon, if you squint your eyes they look like a worshack test...
"Rorschach," actually, but I'm with you.
EDcomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #10
Swindle Knows Best
Collection Count: Quite a few
News Credits: 17
Awesome alt mode. Too bad that awesome-ness didn't carry over into the robot mode.

But, he is better than Starscream.

Runamuck is offline   Reply With Quote