Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

New MC Newsletter arriving-- info on Astrotrain!

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006, 02:44 PM   #1
The Toad Knows.
Collection Count: 1,808
News Credits: 22
New MC Newsletter arriving-- info on Astrotrain!

In the newest issue of Master Collector, there's a short article on Astrotrain, as well as a drawing of Astrotrain and his partially-shadowed Minicons.

First-- the Minicon repaints that will be coming with Astrotrain are the GIANT PLANET TEAM. From the drawing, Longarm has been repainted orange and blue (or purple, it's hard to tell), Overcast has been repainted blue (or purple) and gold, and.. I can't really see much of Deepdive's coloration from the picture, other than some gray on his shoulders. It's not mentioned which Minicon is named which, except that the Comettor repaint in gray and blue/purple is named STARCATCHER. (A nice compromise between the suggested joke name "Cowcatcher" on the Club forums!) Also, it looks like Astrotrain is part of Cannonball's crew-- another suggestion from the Club forums made reality!

There will also be an as-yet-unannounced second club exclusive figure to be released at about the same time as Astrotrain this fall. China has been very slow getting back to MC about the pricing info and such, and they are sorry for the delay.

Also, when the Astrotrain figure is released this fall, an illustrated text story will accompany it.

(Also, in case you're wondering what else is in the MC newsletter, there's the usual IDW comic, IDW solications, and fanart page, as well as an article describing the Hasbro team's trip to the movie set, Part 4 of the "Roadmap to the TF Multiverse" series featuring Japanese comics, 2 Lil' Formers strips, a Mini Mayhem! strip,a Landquake bio, a bio for Anti-Blaze, Scythe, and Checkpoint, and a review on some past Japanese TF video games.

Visit Beastbot's Fortress (click pic above to enter)
A Transformers/X-Men: Evolution website
Last updated March 24th
Beastbot X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #2
Enigmatic by nature
Hang on a mo, wasn't he supposed to come with the Space team repainted into Hook, Line and Sinker?
If they're using the Giant planet molds then they're missing a golden opportunity to make them into Hook, Line and Sinker.

See my digibash from 2 months ago:
[Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]
Blitzwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
The Toad Knows.
Collection Count: 1,808
News Credits: 22
According to one of the MC guys (I forget whether it was Alvarez or Pete), they wanted to use the Space Team, but their molds have been used beyond repair.

My guesses as to who's who:
-Longarm= Astro-Hook
-Overcast= Astro-Line
-Deepdive= Astro-Sinker

Visit Beastbot's Fortress (click pic above to enter)
A Transformers/X-Men: Evolution website
Last updated March 24th
Beastbot X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #4
"Apart" ≠ "a part"
News Credits: 72
Send a message via ICQ to Nevermore Send a message via MSN to Nevermore Send a message via Skype™ to Nevermore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwing
Hang on a mo, wasn't he supposed to come with the Space team repainted into Hook, Line and Sinker?
That was the old cancelled Universe Spacewarp toy that would have featured the Space Team repaints. The Spacewarp color scheme will be used for Astrotrain; the Mini-Cons will not.

Quote:
If they're using the Giant planet molds then they're missing a golden opportunity to make them into Hook, Line and Sinker.
Reportedly, the Space Team molds have gone the same way as the RiD Autobot Brothers molds.

My new multi-purpose blog | My sales thread, my feedback as a seller and buyer.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:20 PM   #5
Enigmatic by nature
Wish I could afford to buy them, not often digibashes become reality.

Quote:
Also, it looks like Astrotrain is part of Cannonball's crew-- another suggestion from the Club forums made reality!
I did this digibash a while back too.

Damn it I want a free set if he actually has the symbol!
Blitzwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:35 PM   #6
Casual TF collector
aksmth gave me this title!
Hmm, a second exclusive, you say? Who could it be???
So you want to see how good you are? Then you must be tired of living!

Visit My Junkion Feedback
Sonscreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:02 PM   #7
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Not sure. Hundreds?
I'd like the second exclusive to be the Seacons (counted as one because of the gestalt, what, Piranacon?). Doesn't mean it's likely, though.
MagnusPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:38 PM   #8
Stroke me, Stroke me!
Collection Count: God only knows!
Send a message via AIM to ambushbug74 Send a message via MSN to ambushbug74 Send a message via Yahoo to ambushbug74
I'm just hoping these are released before it comes time to renew. I have been extremly down on the club for awhile, but if these come out before the renewel date, and the mystery figure is very cool, I may eat my words and renew again. Still not sure though.

My Feedback
ambushbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:13 AM   #9
Collection Count: 200+
News Credits: 12
The club has been worth every penny IMO simply for the comic each issue.
Kaijumaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:29 AM   #10
Insecticon Fanatic
Triformis's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A lot less than before...
News Credits: 1
I...Must...Have...This...Exclusive!!! I fell in love with this thing when I found out it was originally going to be called Spacewarp (a name I still really like). I like the mold and I love the colors...*sigh*...maybe it's time to join the club....unless there are some really cool people out there who want to hook up a fellow fan...
Check out my new macro photography store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MacrofyPhotography

My Feedback:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-exchange-feedback/90873-triformis.html

Triformis is offline   Reply With Quote