Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Movie Toys and what to expect

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 12:11 PM   #11
Laser_Optimus's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to Laser_Optimus Send a message via Yahoo to Laser_Optimus
I anticipate that we'll not only see an influx of "toys" that most of collectors won't want to touch with a ten foot pole. Ie: remote control stuff, various recolors and repackagings of the same hero and villain figures with either a new excessory or new figure with it in a two pack. However, we'll probably also see some higher end collectible stuff come our way too.

Also, I would expect some clothing merchandise. Definently in t-shirts and underware for the kids. Possibly some baseball caps too. Adults will probably get some t-shirts, maybe some boxers with the autobot or decepticon symbol on them like the batsignal boxers that came out around Batman Begins.

I'd also expect toys that aren't your typical TF toy... like a TF powerwheels, or tricycle or something like that. And definently a TF picture-thingy with those rotating stills in the bionocular type thingy... forget what those are called though.

In other words... Hasbro is going to try to make as much freakin' money off of this thing as they possibly can!
My Junkion Exchange Feedback Thread
Laser_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:20 PM   #12
Eh
Cheetatron's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via AIM to Cheetatron
I am expecting kickass toys who are put into some semblance of scale, atleast for the ground vehicles. i doubt believe hasbro cares about the latter and as such I guess ill settle for the former.
Woot sold a who bunch of shi motha uckas! As of 7-16-2010 I only have 2 listings on ebay! Play NC time cards and an Intel Core i7 940 check it out!
Cheetatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:34 PM   #13
Terrorcon
News Credits: 1
I am not expecting too much from the toys except that they will still be on shelves long after the movie is on DVD like all movie toys seem to do. I recently just saw Hulk movie toys still on shelves. Granted it was a KB but still.
aey103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:34 PM   #14
Quintesson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetatron
I am expecting kickass toys who are put into some semblance of scale, atleast for the ground vehicles. i doubt believe hasbro cares about the latter and as such I guess ill settle for the former.
THERE WILL BE NO MASS SHIFTING!!!!!

He he, actually, I fear the same thing; Mega Bumblebee and Kennywave, and deluxe Starscream and Devastator.
G1, Rated R for violent content:
Transformers Version 2.0
peteynorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:55 PM   #15
Maximal
Lazeric's Ebay Auctions
Giant foam Transformer hands that make noise when you hit stuff with them!!!

And I'm also eagerly awaiting "Potatomus Prime"... which, the more I think about it, the more I realize it could actually work... faceplate instead of lips, antenna thingies for ears, a helmet, and eyes...

- L -
Lazeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:58 PM   #16
Super Moderator

News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazeric
Giant foam Transformer hands that make noise when you hit stuff with them!!!

And I'm also eagerly awaiting "Potatomus Prime"... which, the more I think about it, the more I realize it could actually work... faceplate instead of lips, antenna thingies for ears, a helmet, and eyes...

- L -
Looking at Mr. Potato Darth, there is in fact a precedent for potato head Prime. And there could be wheels, cab etc for truck mode. IT. COULD. WORK!
ALL New 2014 Sales Thread: Hundreds of TFs

TFW2005 and eBay feedback. Collection Showcase Thread!
Wanted: G1, G2, Masterpiece
Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:14 PM   #17
longer days, plz?

REDLINE's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 361
News Credits: 3
I wouldn't think there'd be THAT many dumbed down toys considering the movie is shooting for a PG-13 rating, that's not exactly the cartoon's market.
REDLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:44 PM   #18
Proud new dad!!
Collection Count: 2,250
News Credits: 2
Send a message via AIM to Grimlock_13 Send a message via MSN to Grimlock_13 Send a message via Yahoo to Grimlock_13
Honestly I'm finding myself caring less and less about collecting the movie toys. They'll have to be pretty damned amazing for me to buy them.
www.facebook.com/SlowRicky
Check out Grimlock_13's Attempt at Funnies if you dare! (CONCLUDED 11/22/13 with Comic 1,300!!!)
Grimlock_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:14 PM   #19
is not insane. Really!
Insane Galvatron's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many to count.
News Credits: 5
Send a message via AIM to Insane Galvatron Send a message via MSN to Insane Galvatron Send a message via Yahoo to Insane Galvatron Send a message via Skype™ to Insane Galvatron
I forsee each figure coming in 3 different sizes. Kinda how you see F4 toys in 6 and 12 inch sizes. More than likely, the larger the toy, the more detail it will have.

Click My Sig For My Want Thread! I want to buy your stuff!
Insane Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:59 AM   #20
Now hiring evil minions
Collection Count: Less than I want, more than I can afford...
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLINE
I wouldn't think there'd be THAT many dumbed down toys considering the movie is shooting for a PG-13 rating, that's not exactly the cartoon's market.
Anybody remember the Rambo toyline?
I reckon the merchandising will be done to death on this thing, with transformers names and logos plastered on everything, from lunchboxes, to child-size Optimus prime blasters and lego-style versions of the...oh wait, we have all that crap already don't we?

I reckon that its pretty certain that there will be a lot of stuff on sale associated with this movie. If we are lucky there might be one or two gems hidden among the piles of crap we usually get.
http://gerhankey.deviantart.com/Visit me on DeviantArt! I'm getting lonely over there!!
Ger_Hankey is offline   Reply With Quote