Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Bayverse Fight's and Death's

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
OMNIMON #1 ROYALKNIGHT
Collection Count: A Few
Bayverse Fight's and Death's

Okay this has been on my mind for awhile now also had a talk about it with a friend. Bayverse fights too me.............BULLSHIT AND SO UNFAIR!!! I mean think about it many characters in the movie got killed off to quickly or there fight was just too unreal. I mean we know the characters and how they fight. Hasbro even gives a nice little insight on them on the toy box. Yet there nothing like that on the movie.

Here where the problems I had with some character deaths and fights......

Ironhide get's killed by a sneak attack. They could've done that in the first movie. Hell even the 2nd movie WHY WAIT TILL THE THRID MOVIE?!!!

Shockwave......human weapons should not be THAT effective. Also being surprised by being blinded. Every Shockwave we've read and seen has never been truly shocked for a good 15-20 minutes. No they shrug it off and then take action.

Soundwave....scout beat a 3rd in command comm.officer. Need I say more?

Fallen he has Primus like powers. Fight with Prime should've been longer.

Blackout a few grenades kill that Behemoth.....no. He should've still had been alive for at least the second or EVEN if LUCKY the third movie.

The sisters.......there fight was just unfair due too size and sexism on Bay's part.

Sideways could've transformed and fought a bit. BUT NOOO Bay had to turn it into a commercial for people too buy Audi's!!!

Devastator...he got shot in the arm so he's just dead? NO HE'S MADE UP OF 5 TO 6 CON'S....HE SHOULD STILL BE WALKING WITH THOSE BALLS DANGLING!!!.....

Brawl he was more equipped than I-hide. Also a scout killed a tank......fuck that!!!! He can takes blows from humans and the others, BUT THE SCOUT GET'S THE LUCKY SHOT?!!!

Starscream......I don't even wanna start!!!

........AND THE LIST CAN GO ON FOREVER!!!

I just want too know what you guy's think. Also don't give that good guy bad guy crap. That's too cliche for my taste. I need true opinions on the fight and death. How's you feel when a certain character was killed or how they fought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Watts"Spectrum of Love"
We know that from time to time there arise among human beings people who seem to exude love as naturally as the sun gives out heat. These people, usually of enormous creative power, are the envy of us all, and, by and large, manís religions are attempts to cultivate that same power in ordinary people.
RoadRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
OMNIMON #1 ROYALKNIGHT
Also sorry if this has been done before. Just needed to vent and get it off my chest. Also seeing how others feel about it is just nice.
Quote:
We know that from time to time there arise among human beings people who seem to exude love as naturally as the sun gives out heat. These people, usually of enormous creative power, are the envy of us all, and, by and large, manís religions are attempts to cultivate that same power in ordinary people.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
Constructicon
Collection Count: A ton of G1 + everything from the movies
News Credits: 1
I do agree with you. The deaths make the Transformers seem less 'superior' (for lack of a better term), than they should be over humans.

The Fallen in particular, went down too easily, even if it was against a powered-up Optimus. After all, he's supposed to be one of the most powerful. I understand that he needed to die (that's what happens to villains most of the time), but they could have at least made the fight feel more titanic. Let Optimus gain the upper hand by a stroke of luck or something, rather than pummeling a supposedly superior foe to oblivion and tearing off his face.

Devastator's death was the most disappointing part of the entire trilogy for me. To have such a behemoth, die from a single shell, is ridiculous. He was portrayed as nothing more than a glorified vacuum cleaner, which disintegrated when you threw a toothpick at it.

Soundwave's was the classic, 'baddie has upper hand but wastes the advantage by dallying' death. We've seen that countless times in movies, the baddie points a gun to the good guy's head, but instead of shooting, he talks smack, then gets dispossessed and dies. Similarly Soundwave could have executed the hostages, yet dallied too much with Barricade, and the chance was gone and he paid the price instead.

At least Brawl took quite a barrage before succumbing, but Blackout effectively died by grenades to the crotch. Similarly Shockwave, another supposed big baddie, but essentially nothing more than Medusa's hair manager who seemed more capable of killing buildings than Autobots.

Never understood why Sideways just ran away, and did not put up even a whimper. Forgive me on this, but I never liked Starscream, so it was pretty hilarious for me how he died. It was undignified, but at least a more worthwhile death than getting sliced in half without a struggle.

Ironhide, oh well, the writers needed one major character to kill off, to generate the emotional shock upon Sentinel's betrayal. Optimus and Bumblebee were untouchable, so Ironhide was the next choice.

The only Decepticons that went out with a bang (in my opinion), were Bonecrusher, Grindor and Rampage. I wished the rest were more menacing.
iceburn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
Maximal
cadenheadr04's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Um, recount soon...
If I remember correctly, Sideways was a courier. Hence why he ran when faced with actual soldier level opposition.
cadenheadr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
OMNIMON #1 ROYALKNIGHT
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceburn9 View Post
I do agree with you. The deaths make the Transformers seem less 'superior' (for lack of a better term), than they should be over humans.

The Fallen in particular, went down too easily, even if it was against a powered-up Optimus. After all, he's supposed to be one of the most powerful. I understand that he needed to die (that's what happens to villains most of the time), but they could have at least made the fight feel more titanic. Let Optimus gain the upper hand by a stroke of luck or something, rather than pummeling a supposedly superior foe to oblivion and tearing off his face.

Devastator's death was the most disappointing part of the entire trilogy for me. To have such a behemoth, die from a single shell, is ridiculous. He was portrayed as nothing more than a glorified vacuum cleaner, which disintegrated when you threw a toothpick at it.

Soundwave's was the classic, 'baddie has upper hand but wastes the advantage by dallying' death. We've seen that countless times in movies, the baddie points a gun to the good guy's head, but instead of shooting, he talks smack, then gets dispossessed and dies. Similarly Soundwave could have executed the hostages, yet dallied too much with Barricade, and the chance was gone and he paid the price instead.

At least Brawl took quite a barrage before succumbing, but Blackout effectively died by grenades to the crotch. Similarly Shockwave, another supposed big baddie, but essentially nothing more than Medusa's hair manager who seemed more capable of killing buildings than Autobots.

Never understood why Sideways just ran away, and did not put up even a whimper. Forgive me on this, but I never liked Starscream, so it was pretty hilarious for me how he died. It was undignified, but at least a more worthwhile death than getting sliced in half without a struggle.

Ironhide, oh well, the writers needed one major character to kill off, to generate the emotional shock upon Sentinel's betrayal. Optimus and Bumblebee were untouchable, so Ironhide was the next choice.

The only Decepticons that went out with a bang (in my opinion), were Bonecrusher, Grindor and Rampage. I wished the rest were more menacing.
All of those are good points but for the 3rd movie. I think that Que should've died instead of I-Hide. Then in the fourth they should've kept Jolt first of all. So when Ratchet hit's the dust they still have a medic......or get TFA Red Alert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenheadr04 View Post
If I remember correctly, Sideways was a courier. Hence why he ran when faced with actual soldier level opposition.
I think your right..........I don't know?
Quote:
Old 09-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
Constructicon
Collection Count: A ton of G1 + everything from the movies
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRage View Post
All of those are good points but for the 3rd movie. I think that Que should've died instead of I-Hide. Then in the fourth they should've kept Jolt first of all. So when Ratchet hit's the dust they still have a medic......or get TFA Red Alert.
I supposed they wanted to save Que for the standoff with Soundwave and Barricade. They couldn't kill Bumblebee like that, so if Que were to die in Ironhide's place, then perhaps it could have been Dino or Sideswipe in Que's place?
iceburn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
Welcome to Jurassic World
Collection Count: 314 and more to come
News Credits: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceburn9 View Post
I supposed they wanted to save Que for the standoff with Soundwave and Barricade. They couldn't kill Bumblebee like that, so if Que were to die in Ironhide's place, then perhaps it could have been Dino or Sideswipe in Que's place?
Mirage was meant to die, but Ferrari would not allow Bay to kill him
Check the Transformers/Marvel Universe

Stop Motion/Fanfic/Auditions
eagc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
Combaticon
ARCTrooperAlpha's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenheadr04 View Post
Toy bios can't possibly count, can they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt55 View Post
You don't see Optimus sitting in a corner, sharpening his blades, fantasizing about ripping Decepticons' guts out when not in battle for instance.
No More......CYBERTRON FALLS !
ARCTrooperAlpha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #9
OMNIMON #1 ROYALKNIGHT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTrooperAlpha View Post
Toy bios can't possibly count, can they ?
Yes they do........they basically explain the character when the movie doesn't. Action's don't always explain a person. Sometimes you need words AND action!!!
Quote:
Old 09-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
Injector Has a Posse
News Credits: 10
Send a message via AIM to Sso02V
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRage View Post
Yes they do.
No, they don't. Unless Jazz miraculously came back to life after the movie just to get painted differently.

TFWiki.net - We are here...We are waiting
Sso02V is online now   Reply With Quote