Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Roberto Orci: Soundwave NOT a Copter

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #21
Consulting your needs
Collection Count: 15
Send a message via AIM to Nerd Bomber
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEsperZ
I'm surprised at how many people seem to hate the Cybertron design.
I don't hate it. It's just too sleek and not blocky enough of what I picture when I think of soundwave.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:46 AM   #22
Decepticon
Collection Count: Who cares? I have TF Masterpieces!
Send a message via AIM to Blastwave
Good... there haven't been too many good helicopter transformations IMO.

I would like him to be a spy plane or satellite.

OR!! He could be a concert hall and Rumble and Frenzy could be ravers. They could transform into glowsticks. The new series after the movie could be called Transformers: LSD
Old 02-17-2006, 12:29 PM   #23
Watch him out!
Collection Count: more than I probably need.
News Credits: 1
Whoo! Bring on toaster Soundwave with Lazerbeak the waffle!
Old 02-17-2006, 01:07 PM   #24
LORD DC
Collection Count: DC-178 Marvel Legends-78
Send a message via AIM to kenm2474 Send a message via MSN to kenm2474
I wouldnt be surprised if Soundwave were to be a Stealth Fighter Jet.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:17 PM   #25
aka chazzy
meetoblivion's Ebay Auctions
they should make soundwave a kangaroo.

and the casettes would be carried around in his pouch

O_o;;
Old 02-17-2006, 01:40 PM   #26
Long Live the New Flesh

Vangelus's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Vangelus Send a message via AIM to Vangelus
Aww! I was looking forward to copter-Soundwave. *cries*

Still, that leaves more possibilities. I'm guessing something surveillance-y.

I am Perfection Without Ego, and the Undisputed King Scalper. Bearer of the Superior Empathy, and the everlasting spirit of The Fuzzy's true purpose. You lose.
My Website and My Transformers-For-Sale Thread
Old 02-17-2006, 02:02 PM   #27
Dutchman!
News Credits: 15
Send a message via AIM to Ra88 Send a message via MSN to Ra88
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEsperZ
I'm surprised at how many people seem to hate the Cybertron design. Granted, it's not the same Soundwave yet I think it suits the original's personality much more than Energon Shockblast's design would have fit G1 Shockwave for example. I just want an alt-mode with 'personality' so hopefully we'll get something better thanan AWAC or some generic communications vehicle.
I don't hate it, I just think it wouldn't be fit for a movie or his role as a spy.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:24 PM   #28
"That's Vector Sigma?"
IACON's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: who knows...
Soundwave will be an industrial freezer
G1 ROCKS

Old 02-17-2006, 02:48 PM   #29
needs more time
News Credits: 2
I hope it's not a joke. A helicopter really doesn't fit Soundwave at all, either in terms of surveillance or his name.

We know he can't be a casette-recorder or anything with mass-shifting. I have no problems with that. I just want to see something that fits Soundwave, and preferably lets him have his mini-army. A variation on what something mentioned earlier is something I thought up awhile ago which could work.

Imagine him as some tricked-out ghetto-mobile (maybe the front end even bounces up and down off the ground when its cruising). The trunk has speakers in it, the back seat is filled with speakers, there's even speakers under the hood and in the front seats. He can hit pretty much anything with a wall of concussive sound. Of course the doors, trunk and hood can all open up, not only to let the sound out, but the speakers themselves. The speakers in front seats could be the alt modes for Rumble and Frenzy (so they could ride as speakers or maybe pass for people in their robot modes through some heavy tinting), the backseat pair would be Buzzsaw and Lazerbeak, the engine compartment speaker is Ravage (the engine does not purr like a kitten), and the trunk speaker is Ratbat.

You could even get a good action sequence out of this involving humans. The tricked-up car pulls up next to the male lead (who is in his car, trying to get away because he found out something he shouldn't have). One of Soundwave's front doors opens and the speaker transforms into either Rumble or Frenzy and rips the door off the other car. Male lead scrambles out the other side and runs down the alley with Rumble and Frenzy in pursuit (throw in desired action effects to heighten tension). Male lead is splashing through alot of puddles along the way and gets an idea. Rumble and Frenzy round a corner and male lead drops a convienient electric line (could be coming from underground into regulator box on back of building that male lead manages to rip or cut out before where it enters box) into the puddle of water as Rumble and Frenzy step into it. The outcome of this is based on what you want to convey here. Either show that the humans can be of some use (Rumble and Frenzy short-out and collapse, putting them out of commission temporarily), or that the bad guys are a very huge threat even when they're fairly small (Rumble and Frenzy laugh off the attack, it having been too weak to penetrate/affect their armor/systems).
I am not the soul of brevity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterlager View Post
Omnus, thank you. You've just blinded me with science.
The above quote is in response to post #103, located here. Be warned, the first line of my sig applies there.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:49 PM   #30
Senior Alien TF Member
Collection Count: Too many
News Credits: 8
Doesn't really bother me, since to me, a short mobilie h-q/reconaissance van would serve as a nice alt-mode (with Laserbeak as the satellite).

You can check out my artwork here: http://acidwing.deviantart.com
Junkion feedback: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...acid-wing.html
Closed Thread