|View Poll Results: Who do you want in? Ratchet or Red Alert?|
|Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll|
|06-01-2013, 11:04 AM||#1|
Optimus Prime's scriptor
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Floating World
Collection Count: Around 20
News Credits: 28
Because TF4 is getting a new cast I'm doubtful that Ratchet will return. I'm holding onto the opinion that we only have Optimus and Bumblebee because they are the two star Autobots and even Bumblebee might have less of a role because he's an older car (which might signify some sort of retirement).
Therefore, because we're having a new cast I think it's logical that the white ambulance might be Red Alert.
Who do you guys want? Or do you think the ambulance could be someone else?
|06-01-2013, 11:14 AM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Collection Count: Pretty much all Movie figures NO REPAINTS!
News Credits: 10
I'm hoping for Red Alert, hopefully with a robot mode distinct from Ratchet's.
|06-01-2013, 11:19 AM||#3|
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Zambia, Southern Africa
News Credits: 5
Ratchet I think has become of of the Big Three Autobots; before Ironhide had been his place, now the films revived Ratchet's popularity. So I don't think he'll be gone just like that.
But on the other hand, TF4 must answer what became not only of Ratchet but of Sideswipe, Dino, the Wreckers and (if they count) the Twins. It needs to pay attention to that regard, and I hope it does so.
|06-01-2013, 11:21 AM||#4|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Beside the seaside, beside the sea...
Collection Count: Probably more than my fair share
News Credits: 5
After spending all that time establishing Ratchet as the Autobot's medic (in movies and more recent television shows) I doubt they'd replace him so readily.
The most I would expect would be an addition to his medical team. But then Ratchet has done fuck-all so adding another one to help him do that seems pointless.
Autobloke in everything but name.
|06-01-2013, 12:13 PM||#5|
Join Date: Jan 2013
News Credits: 15
The white truck is just that - a white truck. Despite how many fans would like it to be, it is not and will not be a transformer for a variety of different reasons.
If you look closely at the truck it becomes obvious it isn't an on screen car.
1) This picture isn't official. I think this is the only reason this rumor has stuck around so long. This picture is very similar in both formation, composition, and location to a few shots from the original film, which leads many to believe that the entire group must be on screen transformers. This is not the case. For all we know, they might not have even been rolling at this particular moment, or the white truck is off screen.
2) Unless this is a professional drifting track, that truck is not on the same road as the others. It is obvious that the road is turning in the opposite direction, suggesting the white truck is on the side of the road and most likely not even on it. If that road bent again in a way to accommodate the white truck's inclusion these cars must have been going around 3mph- there is no way that you could wip Hound or Optimus around such a turn with their huge turning radii no matter what upgrades have been made.
3) The white truck is off center. This may not seem important, but it is one of the keys to debunking this rumor. The Chevy bow tie emblem and plate are behind who we now know to be Hound, but you can still slightly see each. If you draw an imaginary line up the car to the "light bar" you can see that it would then be wildly off center. This doesn't happen on ambulances. If you create the center line, the "bar" becomes 75% silver with a stripe of white and red - no blue.
4) Those who think they see blue on the "bar" are actually just seeing the spoiler of the C7.
5) Even if it were a light bar, isn't it just a little too big?
6) You can see wires rapped around a spool in the back of the truck. These wires can also be seen through the windshield, indicating that the truck has a bed, not an enclosed rear half one would expect on an ambulance.
7) This is Michael Bay, do you think he would use a car that is that ugly?
These trucks can be seen everywhere on set and if you don't believe me I suggest you check out some of the behind the scenes clips.
It is exactly that, A CREW TRUCK. It is not more than meets the eye.
|06-01-2013, 12:20 PM||#6|
Join Date: Dec 2011
Collection Count: 3000+
News Credits: 27
|06-01-2013, 01:51 PM||#7|
Join Date: Sep 2011
Collection Count: 29 (Not counting fast food Kids Meal Toys)
News Credits: 1
I don't think that truck is a character, for the reasons listed above. Although in the movie in general I'd prefer Red Alert to Ratchet.
|06-01-2013, 02:24 PM||#8|
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Paranoia Island
Collection Count: 500+
News Credits: 4
First Aid, qhen wa the last timw he made an appearence?
|06-01-2013, 02:35 PM||#9|
Regular at Maccadam's
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Emerald Isles
Collection Count: Hella
News Credits: 17
First Aid please. Or Ratchet. I'd be happy with either of those.
|06-01-2013, 02:39 PM||#10|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: All in your mind.
Collection Count: Too damn many.
It doesn't really matter either way, since I doubt he'll get much characterization. I'd say they'll stick with him as Ratchet for familiarity's sake, though I'd love to see an Armada-style Red Alert or MTMTE-style First Aid.
|Latest News & Rumors Posts|
|New stock photos of Titans Return Deluxe waves 1 and 2 in packaging|
|TFSS 4.0 Figure 1 now arriving!!!|
|Masterpiece MP-30 Ratchet|
|TFND Titans Returns Preview event|
|RID Legion Groundbuster and Bisk in packaging!|
|Latest Toy Discussion Posts|
|The UK Toy Discussion|
|The Mini-bot Appreciation Thread|
|Catch-all Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Groove availability thread|
|The Amazon New/Restocked/Shippe...|
|Latest 3rd Party Posts|
|Generation Toys-GT-01 Gravity Builder (Devastator)|
|Generation Toy Jazz / J4ZZ|
|TransFormMission M-01 Combiner (Menasor)|
|Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Construc...|
|FansToys FT-07 Stomp (Masterpiece Sludge)|
|Latest Radicons Posts|
|Help request to fix CW Cyclonus' shoulder|
|MTMTE Custom Velocity|
|Star Trek NX-01 Enterprise Refit Model Painted|