Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
View Poll Results: Who do you want in? Ratchet or Red Alert?
Ratchet 43 63.24%
Red Alert 18 26.47%
Other (specify) 7 10.29%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Ambulance: Ratchet vs Red Alert

Reply Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
Optimus Prime's scriptor
Collection Count: Around 20
News Credits: 27
Ambulance: Ratchet vs Red Alert

Because TF4 is getting a new cast I'm doubtful that Ratchet will return. I'm holding onto the opinion that we only have Optimus and Bumblebee because they are the two star Autobots and even Bumblebee might have less of a role because he's an older car (which might signify some sort of retirement).

Therefore, because we're having a new cast I think it's logical that the white ambulance might be Red Alert.

Who do you guys want? Or do you think the ambulance could be someone else?

Shizuka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Triple-Changer
Collection Count: Pretty much all Movie figures NO REPAINTS!
News Credits: 10
I'm hoping for Red Alert, hopefully with a robot mode distinct from Ratchet's.
DecepticonsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
Seeker
News Credits: 3
Ratchet I think has become of of the Big Three Autobots; before Ironhide had been his place, now the films revived Ratchet's popularity. So I don't think he'll be gone just like that.

But on the other hand, TF4 must answer what became not only of Ratchet but of Sideswipe, Dino, the Wreckers and (if they count) the Twins. It needs to pay attention to that regard, and I hope it does so.
QLRformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
Telly-headed Tyrant
Collection Count: Probably more than my fair share
News Credits: 3
After spending all that time establishing Ratchet as the Autobot's medic (in movies and more recent television shows) I doubt they'd replace him so readily.

The most I would expect would be an addition to his medical team. But then Ratchet has done fuck-all so adding another one to help him do that seems pointless.
Autobloke in everything but name.
Gingerchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
In Stasis
News Credits: 15
Neither

The white truck is just that - a white truck. Despite how many fans would like it to be, it is not and will not be a transformer for a variety of different reasons.

If you look closely at the truck it becomes obvious it isn't an on screen car.

1) This picture isn't official. I think this is the only reason this rumor has stuck around so long. This picture is very similar in both formation, composition, and location to a few shots from the original film, which leads many to believe that the entire group must be on screen transformers. This is not the case. For all we know, they might not have even been rolling at this particular moment, or the white truck is off screen.
2) Unless this is a professional drifting track, that truck is not on the same road as the others. It is obvious that the road is turning in the opposite direction, suggesting the white truck is on the side of the road and most likely not even on it. If that road bent again in a way to accommodate the white truck's inclusion these cars must have been going around 3mph- there is no way that you could wip Hound or Optimus around such a turn with their huge turning radii no matter what upgrades have been made.
3) The white truck is off center. This may not seem important, but it is one of the keys to debunking this rumor. The Chevy bow tie emblem and plate are behind who we now know to be Hound, but you can still slightly see each. If you draw an imaginary line up the car to the "light bar" you can see that it would then be wildly off center. This doesn't happen on ambulances. If you create the center line, the "bar" becomes 75% silver with a stripe of white and red - no blue.
4) Those who think they see blue on the "bar" are actually just seeing the spoiler of the C7.
5) Even if it were a light bar, isn't it just a little too big?
6) You can see wires rapped around a spool in the back of the truck. These wires can also be seen through the windshield, indicating that the truck has a bed, not an enclosed rear half one would expect on an ambulance.
7) This is Michael Bay, do you think he would use a car that is that ugly?

These trucks can be seen everywhere on set and if you don't believe me I suggest you check out some of the behind the scenes clips.

It is exactly that, A CREW TRUCK. It is not more than meets the eye.
SamNickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
Collection Count: 3000+
News Credits: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNickelson View Post
The white truck is just that - a white truck. Despite how many fans would like it to be, it is not and will not be a transformer for a variety of different reasons.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-K5LzJioDcu...ramjerkPic.jpg

If you look closely at the truck it becomes obvious it isn't an on screen car.

1) This picture isn't official. I think this is the only reason this rumor has stuck around so long. This picture is very similar in both formation, composition, and location to a few shots from the original film, which leads many to believe that the entire group must be on screen transformers. This is not the case. For all we know, they might not have even been rolling at this particular moment, or the white truck is off screen.
2) Unless this is a professional drifting track, that truck is not on the same road as the others. It is obvious that the road is turning in the opposite direction, suggesting the white truck is on the side of the road and most likely not even on it. If that road bent again in a way to accommodate the white truck's inclusion these cars must have been going around 3mph- there is no way that you could wip Hound or Optimus around such a turn with their huge turning radii no matter what upgrades have been made.
3) The white truck is off center. This may not seem important, but it is one of the keys to debunking this rumor. The Chevy bow tie emblem and plate are behind who we now know to be Hound, but you can still slightly see each. If you draw an imaginary line up the car to the "light bar" you can see that it would then be wildly off center. This doesn't happen on ambulances. If you create the center line, the "bar" becomes 75% silver with a stripe of white and red - no blue.
4) Those who think they see blue on the "bar" are actually just seeing the spoiler of the C7.
5) Even if it were a light bar, isn't it just a little too big?
6) You can see wires rapped around a spool in the back of the truck. These wires can also be seen through the windshield, indicating that the truck has a bed, not an enclosed rear half one would expect on an ambulance.
7) This is Michael Bay, do you think he would use a car that is that ugly?

These trucks can be seen everywhere on set and if you don't believe me I suggest you check out some of the behind the scenes clips.

It is exactly that, A CREW TRUCK. It is not more than meets the eye.
exactly!!
tonyformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
Wrecker
Collection Count: 29 (Not counting fast food Kids Meal Toys)
I don't think that truck is a character, for the reasons listed above. Although in the movie in general I'd prefer Red Alert to Ratchet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
Bumblebee765 - The biggest Nerd I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
Tracking it. Going toward it. Picking it up. Paying for it. Opening it. Playing with it.
Bumblebee765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
The Battle Begins
Collection Count: More then you most likely..
News Credits: 2
First Aid, qhen wa the last timw he made an appearence?
This time I might just disappear
spartan 3764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #9
HERE I AM
transformerwars's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 80
News Credits: 17
First Aid please. Or Ratchet. I'd be happy with either of those.

transformerwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
BONKLE 2015
Collection Count: Hovering around 400.
It doesn't really matter either way, since I doubt he'll get much characterization. I'd say they'll stick with him as Ratchet for familiarity's sake, though I'd love to see an Armada-style Red Alert or MTMTE-style First Aid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzzilla View Post
Stryker used logic! It's damn effective!
Stryker055 is offline   Reply With Quote