Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Why new model?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
Descendant of Primus
Collection Count: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to Minh'T
Why new model?

I know, i agree that it's a new decade and change is good. But why don't they spend time making more models insteading of upgrading the old ones. Why don't they use the budget to make more model for an army of decepticons instead of using protoform drones and some old model (bonecrusher in ROTF, Brawl, Long Haul and Sideways in DOTM) in ROTF and DOTM?
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Minh'T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
Combaticon
I would agree that the drones should have their own model rather than just being protoforms. I'd like to see a single-style footsoldier like the vehicons.
Jakest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
Easy answer? To sell more toys. Now kids have to have the "new", different version of characters. Also to get everyone interested in seeing something new onscreen for characters they love in a very visually-driven franchise, which should put butts in the seats by their reckoning.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
Descendant of Primus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
Easy answer? To sell more toys. Now kids have to have the "new", different version of characters. Also to get everyone interested in seeing something new onscreen for characters they love in a very visually-driven franchise, which should put butts in the seats by their reckoning.
well, like i said use the budget to make more design, more character instead of protoform and yes, more characters more toys
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Old 05-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minh'T View Post
well, like i said use the budget to make more design, more character instead of protoform and yes, more characters more toys
And like I said, that wouldn't fit what they are trying to do and as such there is no incentive for them to do that.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #6
The Way She Moves....
Collection Count: More then you most likely..
Well Sideways is a trans-dimensional being so he can get away with being in DOTM
and any other franchise,
the constructicons are clones, thats official as for anyone else its well, yeah model re-use.
although i doubt Bay or anyone else knew about these when making the movies
This time I might just disappear
spartan 3764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #7
Descendant of Primus
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan 3764 View Post
Well Sideways is a trans-dimensional being so he can get away with being in DOTM
and any other franchise,
the constructicons are clones, thats official as for anyone else its well, yeah model re-use.
although i doubt Bay or anyone else knew about these when making the movies
well your right, but don't you think that they should use the budget to create a variety of bots instead of using clones?
Old 05-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #8
The Way She Moves....
Collection Count: More then you most likely..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minh'T View Post
well your right, but don't you think that they should use the budget to create a variety of bots instead of using clones?
yeah i do,.
but logically it makes sense so im happy,
and as much as a love bay-formers (Mainly the first)
it will be spent on cars and explosins

EDIT: the thing i care about most is Steve Jablonosky returning to do the score,
that is what i want the budget to be pushed on,
To me a that is what helps make a movie great, (me and Tarn would get along)
This time I might just disappear
spartan 3764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #9
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 3
Because molds are expensive to build (digitally) so Genericons who don't transform cost less.

Each robot needs three models built. Robot, Vehicle, and Transforming - unless i'm mistaken and it's only two. Genericons/reusing old models is a cost cutting measure.
Transformers New Zealand - A online community for fans of Transformers in New Zealand and abroad! Join Today!
Starscream NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:03 AM   #10
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
Part of the reason for new models is that Paramount needs a way to get Americans back into the theater for part 4. Been there done that could be one of the reason as many tickets weren't sold for part 3 in the US.

For Hasbro a change is needed because after years of the movies and Transformers Prime having basically the same Prime and Bumblebee something is needed to move toys again.

While it's impossible to know without seeing the robot modes for all we know they could be scaling back the number of parts to make using the robots cheaper. It's likely they could come up with things like a cool gun without having to use 10,000 parts just for a gun.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote