Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Anyone elses excitement for TF4 just disappeared?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
Terrorcon
News Credits: 3
Anyone elses excitement for TF4 just disappeared?

Ive been following the production on this movie since the announcement last year, I really enjoyed dark of the moon but recently ive noticed my interest in the 4th movie has just dropped , maybe Im getting bored of the franchise? I haven't watched ether of the transformers movies since last year. Ive noticed more and more im not googling TF4 as much as man of steel or avengers 2 and It just seems my general interest in it has dropped and im not keeping up with the production on it more than the other movies Im interested in. Ill probably still go see it but maybe right now I should take a break from the franchise and maybe ill be refreshed by the time it comes out next year and the excitement will return. Anyone else getting these feels?
OmegaPrime22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
Telly-headed Tyrant
Collection Count: Probably more than my fair share
I can't really say I've ever been excited for it. These movies are just something that happen and I watch them at some point. I'm certainly not desperately chewing the computer monitor for every little bit of information to sate a desire for the films to get here quicker because I'm so excited at the prospect of a new one.
I might've had some early vague interest at the possibility of things being refreshed in some meaningful way, but really that was just a silly hope that I doubt will be realised when the movie finally hits. I'll keep up with the movie news so I'm informed, but excited on any real level? No.
Autobloke in everything but name.
Gingerchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Lost Light
Collection Count: 390
Send a message via MSN to General Magnus
More curious for the toys than the movie itself. Oh and the nerdrage that will follow it.
Quote:
"How could I not have seen it? Michael Bay is just like Maximus, giving us all the explosions, T&A, guns, and fast cars we wanted, but in a horrible way, and then spitting on us. And it's all in an attempt to make us look at ourselves and examine what we've become! He's a genius!"- SMOG
General Magnus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
Telly-headed Tyrant
Collection Count: Probably more than my fair share
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Magnus View Post
More curious for the toys than the movie itself
I think this is more my mindset. I've always been about the toys before the media. I picked up a handful of DotM figures before I'd even seen the movie.
It'll be interesting to see what we get, especially if the TF designs actually don't change as much as hoped and Hasbro have to try and do something new with them to lure custimers while not having new movie designs to draw on. I just hope there's not some horrible gimmick for the line like MechTech.
Autobloke in everything but name.
Gingerchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
Not any excitement to begin with. The movies do some things really well, but they just leave me feeling more disappointed than anything else. It's like they have some good ideas or interesting ideas but they just get lost in the jumble towards the end. Movie toys really aren't my thing either since the robot designs just don't appeal to me the way the designs from other series do.

But a bit of burn out is normal. With the nature of the movie business it gets harder and harder to keep films as exciting as when a series first started out. What was cool the first few times starts to feel like been there done that even with the best of series. Which is why series like the James Bond movies have to radically shake things up and they get a new Bond every so many films.

At some point they will start building buzz for the film, running trailer and ads everywhere, and shelves will get flooded with movie toys so that will help with the excitement level a bit. If nothing else the Transformers movies have produced some really nice movie trailers so with basically the same production crew we should get some great trailers.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
pink stars are falling
I was excited the most for the first movie and since seeing it, I'm not that interested in the movies at all. But I'm a bit more excited for the fourth now. But I don't want to be too excited, because than I can't be so disappointed. But I liked DOTM more than the first three movies, so maybe the fourth movie might be great.
And as the time goes by and all that we have left,
are moments we regret, moments we forget.

visit me: murasame-music // soundcloud // youtube // last.fm // sysprofile
Murasame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #7
Internet: Pure Truth

Collection Count: 200ish
News Credits: 14
No not at all. Very excited.
Smashs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #8
old misery guts
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaPrime22 View Post
Ive been following the production on this movie since the announcement last year, I really enjoyed dark of the moon but recently ive noticed my interest in the 4th movie has just dropped , maybe Im getting bored of the franchise? I haven't watched ether of the transformers movies since last year. Ive noticed more and more im not googling TF4 as much as man of steel or avengers 2 and It just seems my general interest in it has dropped and im not keeping up with the production on it more than the other movies Im interested in. Ill probably still go see it but maybe right now I should take a break from the franchise and maybe ill be refreshed by the time it comes out next year and the excitement will return. Anyone else getting these feels?
there's not much to follow at the moment.

Interest will start to pick up when the shoot gets underway and behind the scenes photos emerge. Then the always unexpected leaks of blurry photos of stolen toy test-shots and colouring-book pictures will trigger all sorts of wild speculation.

See if you're not curious when a fleet of shiny concept cars are spotted driving in convoy along some red desert road.

I hate these movies, and even I'll be wondering.
Bumblethumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
Vehicon
Collection Count: 26
I'm not excited about TF4 and I doubt I'll ever get excited for it or go to see it.
8bitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #10
Protoformed This Way
News Credits: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Magnus View Post
More curious for the toys than the movie itself. Oh and the nerdrage that will follow it.
Yep. This.
Starscream Gaga is offline   Reply With Quote