Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Futuristic/Cybertronian vehicle modes

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
Herald of Unicron
Futuristic/Cybertronian vehicle modes

Looking at Evac made me think how cool would it be non-real world futuristic vehicles would be in a TF movie. Much like the 86 movie characters.

TF and Dark of the Moon already sort of made it with Brawl and the Wreckers.

As both cases are not really a disguise.
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
RedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
Hydracon Deputy Director
Collection Count: 24
News Credits: 40
I doubt it would happen. There would be two options 1) Make really expensive customized concept cars and vehicles 2) Use expensive CGI, which on top of that would make the vehicles look too unrealistic

It would be cool if they made some concept cars, but like I said, it'd probably cost too much. Just my

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergonWaffles View Post
Claiming movie preferences dictate intelligence says a whole lot more about the person making the claim than it does about the people they're trying to insult.
YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/marlinfan1995
MV95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
I vawnt my berdt.
Collection Count: I lied. Maybe 75.
News Credits: 10
If the movie was set in the year(s) 2030+, then yeah, I can see more stylized, futuristic vehicles being used. In fact, that'd be awesome for a proposed reboot. But for Bayformers as it stands now? Not a chance.

Plus, as MV pointed out, they'd have to pull an I, Robot/Total Recall/Minority Report and either build extremely expensive practical cars from the ground up that can actually drive and such but look futuristic enough OR the vehicles would have to be completely computer generated (or a mixture of the two methods, but all choices are expensive and time-consuming).
Interested in anything to do with voice-acting? Look no further than Behind the Voice Actors!
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Seal Team 6
News Credits: 8
The Batman vehicles would make very good Protectobots.

The Bat=Blades
Original Batmobile=Streetwise
Camo Tumbler=Groove
Bat-pod=Heatrock
Black Tumbler=Hot Spot
Black Batmobile=First Aid
black mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
With great power...
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
If the movie was set in the year(s) 2030+, then yeah, I can see more stylized, futuristic vehicles being used. In fact, that'd be awesome for a proposed reboot. But for Bayformers as it stands now? Not a chance.

Plus, as MV pointed out, they'd have to pull an I, Robot/Total Recall/Minority Report and either build extremely expensive practical cars from the ground up that can actually drive and such but look futuristic enough OR the vehicles would have to be completely computer generated (or a mixture of the two methods, but all choices are expensive and time-consuming).
Not to contradict what you're saying, TM (I would never be so bold!), but they did pretty much scratch-build TF1 Bumblebee and RotF Sideswipe, didn't they?
jru42287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
Seal Team 6
News Credits: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jru42287 View Post
Not to contradict what you're saying, TM (I would never be so bold!), but they did pretty much scratch-build TF1 Bumblebee and RotF Sideswipe, didn't they?
Yes they did. GM gave them the blueprints and they build them from scratch.
black mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
The cybertronian alt-modes we've seen so far have been... disappointing at best.

As for futuristic vehicles, I'd prefer something plausible and physical, rather than a fantasy vehicle done in cgi. Even if its just a concept vehicle, that'd be enough for me.

I think setting the films in the far future would make more problems then the concept is worth.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
Seeker
News Credits: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by black mamba View Post
The Batman vehicles would make very good Protectobots.
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7...ehicles201.jpg
The Bat=Blades
Original Batmobile=Streetwise
Camo Tumbler=Groove
Bat-pod=Heatrock
Black Tumbler=Hot Spot
Black Batmobile=First Aid
That could just work. Maybe someone can put those in combiner mode just to see how it goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
The Cybertronian alt-modes we've seen so far have been... disappointing at best.
I can't really agree with that, I think ROTF Megatron's tank and Soundwave's satellite are his best ever modes. The idea of a Cybertronian alt mode that's so exclusive, so special and powerful it negates the need for an Earth mode, is actually quite an impressive idea to develop.

And hopefully there can be more of such modes, within both sides of the Transformers.
QLRformer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
Shine on, you crazy moose
Collection Count: Uh... A lot.
Evac is honestly the only really cool Cybertronian alt-mode in the movieverse.

Okay, actually ROTF Megs was pretty kickass, but still. Soundwave was cool, too, but I'd much rather he be a UAV like he is in Prime - both of them are better than a Mercedes :U
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFWiki
The Transformers launches in the US, in toy, comic and cartoon formats, forever ruining Transformers.
Spin-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
Dr Pepper Fan
Collection Count: 15
ROTF Megs was the champion of the Cybertronian modes. Giant shredder flying tank from space with turbo boosters and his face at the front, how is this not awesome?

Alas, Megs died (and became a truck too, though the truck was still cool in its defence) so now I'll never have giant shredder flying tanks from space with turbo boosters and facs at the front again.

Woe is Meta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergonWaffles View Post
Waffles are tasty, but not as filling as robot dinosaurs and bitch slapping Primes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZero View Post
He's not handicapped, he's handicapable of murder.
Meta777 is online now   Reply With Quote