Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers 4 to be Darker?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
Omnibot
Collection Count: 200+, Lost Count
News Credits: 1
Transformers 4 to be Darker?

So far, we know Transformers 4 will have a time-skip, picking up four (or five years depending on who you ask) after the events of Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Joining Mark Wahlberg will be relatively new Hollywood faces, Brenton Thwaites and Nicola Peltz in a film that's been described as being smaller than its predecessors. There's also unconfirmed talk from the Hasbro side of production that even the Autobots and Decepticons could undergoe slight redesigns. Besides these tidbits little else is known about the film. In the recent issue of Total Film Magazine, Mark Wahlberg reiterated some things that were previously known like the film is a reboot and that he's excited about it and that the film will be something special. But when the followup question was if the film will be darker and grittier, Wahlberg let slip, "Yeah...I don't want to get fired before I get started, but you're on the right track!" While I think a lot of moviegoers may be nearing "dark and gritty" fatigue, this might actually be a good development for a Transformers franchise that's given fans some pretty silly comic relief and one-punch humor. Is this the direction you'd like the Transformers franchise to go? Sound off in the comment section below. You can read more from Wahlberg in the latest issue of Total Film Magazine out now.

Read more at Prepare Yourself For A 'Dark' TRANSFORMERS 4
Zikmaster1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
Dinobot
Aptom's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: around 400
Needs better script pacing and characters. Im all for more gritty. If the films continued like the first scene fom tf1 theyd have been top. They were diluted with too much stupid and pointless crap which i have no idea why was not cut. A more mature fil
Would be exellent.
Aptom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
Seeker
News Credits: 3
Arrgh, they went that route with DOTM. How much farther should they go? I want this to be enjoyable darn it, with comic-book and STAR WARS humor and not this dark gritty Nolan touches that try to guarantee seriousness and success.

Right, right. Just wait and hope it delivers...
QLRformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
Decepticon Spy
Collection Count: 127
News Credits: 9
How can it be darker than DOTM? Dark of the Moon had complete Decepticon take over with humans massacred lift and right.

XBL Gamertag: Barricade247
Barricade24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
old misery guts
News Credits: 6
It doesn't need it. 'Dark and gritty' is not the solution to what was wrong with previous films.

Anyway, even if Michael Bay set out to make such a film, in the process of making it, he'd still end up inserting his horrible comedy.

Besides, I'm pretty sure the exact thing was said about DOTM.
Bumblethumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
bionic hero
Collection Count: 2 optimus prime toys and primus
Send a message via Yahoo to daitarn red
what - tf 4 be darker
daitarn red
daitarn red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
Fueled by Macguffium 239
Location: A land of pain and misery, and that's just my mind!
Collection Count: about 1/3rd of what it used to be. :(
News Credits: -1
Send a message via Yahoo to KnightHawkke
Oh please no not grimdark.. please please please no..
Less toilet and child humor yes, but please for the love of mercy not grimdark..
Rest in Peace Warrior
-------------------------------------------
-=Feedback=Twitter=National Kidney Foundation=-
KnightHawkke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #8
Hasbro LIES to the US
News Credits: 1
No matter how you blacken it up with deaths and human skulls and generic robots flying around in star wars ripoffs, the clusterf*ck of toilet\juvenile\inappropriate sex\dogs humping offsets it a lot.

It's much easier once you realize it's the same PR repeated again since ROTF. 'We're making it big, huge, the biggest you can ever imagine, things are darker than before, characters will develop, robots will expand their cast and alter their forms'.

Yup, this is the third time I'm reading the same thing with different words
SOC, Yamato, Hot Toys, FE and more for sale!
Feedback thread!
Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
If the planet's destroyed, I'm in.
The New and IMPROVED (I think) version/But I Don't Wanna Catch Them All! A Pokemon Comic/Pony Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiebot
Stonecrusher makes references to Jerpenese animues and the interwebs, I draw mutilated cows and Megatron nuking things. It's the way things work around here.
Stonecrusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
"Darker" is an extremely vague and superfluous description that could mean a whole range of things, and effectively means nothing without additional explaination and clarification.

It's also something that does nothing to address the actual problems they've had in terms of writing.
Aernaroth is online now   Reply With Quote