Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Why we'll never get a good transformers movie

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #21
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
Also, since she's your little sister, she's younger than you (and you sound pretty young yourself), so the sorts of things she enjoys in movies may already differ greatly from what you, or older fans, like.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #22
Macro-Con
Collection Count: 200+
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Nowhere. She's the one acting completely rational here.

Fans really are, by and large, incapable of understanding how other people work it seems. Most people like watching movies about people. That's one of the side effects of being a human being: we kinda like other human beings.

And there's nothing wrong with Skids and Mudflap. People like comedy. Skids and Mudflap were comedic.

Only fans really care about "serious robot drama." Not even all fans. I couldn't give a toss about robot drama in the movies. I have comics for that, and Prime is an excellent example of the kind of robot drama I don't want to ever see in a movie. That show is a snore-fest. I don't go to the theatre to get immersed in deep thought-provoking character interactions. I have much better material for that. I, and by that I mean most people, want to watch amazing visual spectacle and laugh at bad jokes, and nothing really comes close to the movies in that regard. This doesn't make people idiots, it just means they don't take this shit as ludicrously seriously as fans do.
That must make every movie critic a Transformers fan then

I am a fan of Transformers and more imporatantly a fan of film and film writing. ROTF, as an example, is not just a bad Transformers movie, it is a bad movie period. There are people out there that like it, but it doesn't make it any less poorly made. There are people out there that like doing crack, but it doesn't make it healthy. It's not just my opinion. The only problem that I can see is that, while everyone is entiled to there opinion, some people just need to get used to the idea that they like a bad movie.
Tell the world what you think of Mister Gone! Junkion Feedback
Mister Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #23
Welcome to Jurassic World
Collection Count: 314 and more to come
News Credits: 28
i loved all films the same way, heck i would rate them 10

and that includes ROTF, i also loved the Twins and i wanted them back for DOTM, heck ROTF is my second fav TF film (with DOTM being first)
Check the Transformers/Marvel Universe

Stop Motion/Fanfic/Auditions
eagc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #24
Telly-headed Tyrant
Collection Count: Probably more than my fair share
News Credits: 3
We might get a good Transformers movie one day. But then what I think is good won't be what others think is good. Just like what we're getting now pleases some people greatly but doesn't much joy me at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegax80 View Post
It's a damn film. Just sit back and eat the popcorn.
Forget the movies and just stay home and eat popcorn. Much nicer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoC Grimlock View Post
On top of that they made HELLA money which means Hasbro will stand strong behind the franchise for the foreseeable future. It's a win even if you don't like everything about it
Indeed. With all that extra movie money Hasbro can go ahead and hire more staff.

Oh.
Autobloke in everything but name.
Gingerchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #25
Damn kids and your 3rd-P
Collection Count: Not enough to be impressive, but too many to claim I'm smart with money.
Something the older generation really needs to come to grips with is when we were that age, all the movies we liked were pretty bad.

I grew up on the Ninja Turtle movies. I loved them. I have fond memories watching them. But looking back, they are horrible films. At best, the original first one is just plain silly.

The real reason we'll never get a good Transformers movie is because Bay wont go away.
"This is my last TF movie, I mean it this time...Maybe one more."
Paxtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #26
Banned
News Credits: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerchris View Post
Indeed. With all that extra movie money Hasbro can go ahead and hire more staff.

Oh.
And they can use the extra money to give us big toys with quality plastic!

Wait a minute...
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #27
With great power...
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Shot. View Post
According to you.

It seems to me that the general consensus outside the movie forum is that they were mediocre at their best, and complete trash at their worst. I agree with that.

You may have enjoyed them, but that alone doesn't make them good movies.
On this site, it should be pointed out. People outside the fandom still like them a lot.
jru42287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #28
Quintesson
Collection Count: A few
News Credits: 2
I doubt she said those things. I always doubt these "My family member said this" threads.
Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #29
Eight-legged Boy Hunter
JDK's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 5
Maybe it has more to do with Transformers being a brand for kids. Hard to satisfy both kids and adults, unless you're Disney. And unfortunately, Hasbro is not Disney.
JDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #30
Banned
My 2 cents - You can't make a movie to please EVERYONE. You have make one that makes the most profit. Dark Knight and the Dark Knight Returns had 100 plot holes and errors NO WAY would anyone part their lips to dog out Nolan like people do Bay. Bay makes good popcorn movies period. He is an action director, story lines are not his strong point BUT I would rather watch the ROCK or Bad Boys over "Piano" I watch movies for entertainment, I read books when I want to exercise my mind.

I get so confused when people talk about transformers like it is a deep story. IT IS A CHILDS TOYLINE about robots who have fought for centuries over a planet that seems to be smaller than a country. An advanced as they are they haven't come up with a solution other than a never ending war. I love transformers but I am real about it as well. I went into the movies expecting to see huge robots fighting each other, guess what? I got it

The reality is had anyone made the movies the way that would have made fans happy, they would have flopped. You didn't get a movie that appealed to small crowd it appealed to the masses. Bad movies don't make billions in profit
dirgestone is offline   Reply With Quote