Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Why we'll never get a good transformers movie

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
Decepticon Spy
Collection Count: 127
News Credits: 9
This will be an on going disagreement for as long as Transformers exist. No single fan will like every single TF universe. Some will like the movies, some will like Prime, but others will not like movies or Prime. Is this wrong? Of course not. We don't have to agree on what Transformers version we like the most, but we should respect each others opinions even if they are the complete opposite of ours.

XBL Gamertag: Barricade247
Barricade24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
Why so Geewun, Loser?
How about you let her have a damn opinion of her own, Mr.OP?
Seen: Bayformers, G1, Armada, Energon, Animated, Prime, & Beast Wars.
Currently Watching: Cybertron
Cyber Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #13
Terrorcon
News Credits: 1
The films were great! They're their own thing and self contained. On top of that they made HELLA money which means Hasbro will stand strong behind the franchise for the foreseeable future. It's a win even if you don't like everything about it.

Even if they were total flops, being weird because your sister likes a film is terrible.
FoC Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #14
Dr Pepper Fan
Collection Count: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barricade24 View Post
We don't have to agree on what Transformers version we like the most, but we should respect each others opinions even if they are the complete opposite of ours.
Absolutely this. To each their own; getting worked up over someone's preferred aspect of a franchise of alien robots is hardly the productive thing to do.

Besides, your sister's young. Her tastes may change as she gets older.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergonWaffles View Post
Waffles are tasty, but not as filling as robot dinosaurs and bitch slapping Primes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
A wild question appears! Meta uses 'SCIENCE!' It's super effective!
Meta777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #15
Rise of the Dork Spork
Hot Shot.'s Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoC Grimlock View Post
The films were great!
Judged.

Quote:
On top of that they made HELLA money which means Hasbro will stand strong behind the franchise for the foreseeable future. It's a win even if you don't like everything about it.
You seem to think Transformers was some third-tier brand Hasbro was sitting on for years. Hasbro has always stood behind Transformers post-Action-Masters.

Quote:
Even if they were total flops, being weird because your sister likes a film is terrible.
My 19-year-old sister thinks Johnny Test is an enjoyable show. I think the OP has every right to scratch his head and be a little frustrated when someone close to him has horrible taste. Suddenly there's a face on the faceless audience that supports the degradation of entertainment by making things like Twilight a success. And you can't do anything about it.
My B/S/T My Wanted List Steam: Hot Shot

Need 20th Anniversary Optimus's right knee, RID Galvatron's weapons, Cryotek's missiles, and Railspike's gun!
Hot Shot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #16
Idol of Millions
Collection Count: 200-ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrawave View Post
Wait...oh my god...I MIGHT BE YOUR SISTER.

http://greenscorpio.files.wordpress....-rage-face.png
The best thing to come from this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire
So not only are you racist against chicks who can't build alien robots, but now you're racist against Prime fans. Goddamnit, Burnout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
To fight monsters, we just chucked a bunch of school-girls at them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gawddammit View Post
YOU NEED THE NEWEST MODEL NOW BECAUSE WE HAVE INFINITE SUPPLIES OF EVERYTHING.
Autobot Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #17
Pan-Pacific Defense Corp
News Credits: 11
Well I guess I'm a good influence because my little bro said something along the lines of "I want to learn English quickly so I can read your Transfrormers comic because they look awesome!"

I'm one proud big bro
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #18
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
It's true, none of us will ever get the transformers movie "we" want, neither as individuals nor as a collective, because the simple truth is we don't have enough market pull to justify an investment of hundreds of millions of dollars. The general audience will always carry more weight in this regard, and the resulting product will always cater to the most common denominator as a result. To the majority of the public, cars turning into robots from space doing serious drama is an inherently ridiculous idea, so yeah, you'll likely never see the sort of "drama" you see in, say, the comics.

Why? Because the Transformers films, toylines, etc. are not a charity endeavor. They are a corporate project designed to make money. The best we as an entrenched fandom can hope for is an olive branch or two from the production staff in the way of a nod, reference, easter egg, etc. and that's something we've received through all three movies so far.

Praise the parts you like, tear into the parts you don't, but realize that these films will never be made for "us", they'll always be aimed at a more general audience.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #19
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathimusPrime View Post
Where did i go wrong with her?
Nowhere. She's the one acting completely rational here.

Fans really are, by and large, incapable of understanding how other people work it seems. Most people like watching movies about people. That's one of the side effects of being a human being: we kinda like other human beings.

And there's nothing wrong with Skids and Mudflap. People like comedy. Skids and Mudflap were comedic.

Only fans really care about "serious robot drama." Not even all fans. I couldn't give a toss about robot drama in the movies. I have comics for that, and Prime is an excellent example of the kind of robot drama I don't want to ever see in a movie. That show is a snore-fest. I don't go to the theatre to get immersed in deep thought-provoking character interactions. I have much better material for that. I, and by that I mean most people, want to watch amazing visual spectacle and laugh at bad jokes, and nothing really comes close to the movies in that regard. This doesn't make people idiots, it just means they don't take this shit as ludicrously seriously as fans do.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #20
TFW2005 Supporter
News Credits: 8
Non-fans are way more reasonable than us fans. At least they know Transformers is pulp and are not expecting otherwise.

Add me on Twitter! @Grinwise
Digilaut is offline   Reply With Quote