Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Why does Megatron growl?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
Banned
gokuz23's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Over 9,000!!!!
News Credits: 1
Why does Megatron growl?

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask, in all 3 of the Bayverse TF movies, Megatron growls now why is that? He's done it in all three especially DOTM, just wanted your guy's input.

Also on a side note is it just me or do the Decepticons in the movies remind you of animals or a mindless creature? To me for some reason they all act and look like beasts (animals) with the exception of Starscream and Soundwave (which are my favorite in the films) does anyone agree or is it just me? Anyway that's just my 2 cents how about you?
gokuz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
*insert stormcloud here*
Hot Shot.'s Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 2
Because Michael Bay wanted Decepticons to be mindless, snarling monsters. The fact he was supposed to be directing a movie about a civil war eluded his tiny, shallow brain.

Steam: Hot Shot
Hot Shot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:34 PM   #3
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
I've got two theories depending on if you want to be wildly optimistic or wildly pessimistic.

Optimistic theory, someone thought it would be fun to make a bit of a Beast Wars joke by Beast Wars Megatron being all civilized while movie Megatron was his exact opposite by being beastal in nature, yes.

Pessimistic theory Micheal Bay slept during the classes Hasbro presented to him about the Transformers so he just made up stuff as the production went along. Sort of like his saying that Optimus Prime was his so he could put flames on him if he wanted to.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
If you've been on these boards since the biginning of last year, I suspect you really know. However, as I like complain about the movie Decepticons, I'll bite.

As bay and co. have no creativity or care for the Transformers as anything more than war machines, we got Decepticons who are nothing more than generic alien invaders. They act like beasts to get across that they're not just aliens but evil aliens.
soundwaverulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
Banned
gokuz23's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Over 9,000!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaverulls View Post
If you've been on these boards since the biginning of last year, I suspect you really know. However, as I like complain about the movie Decepticons, I'll bite.

As bay and co. have no creativity or care for the Transformers as anything more than war machines, we got Decepticons who are nothing more than generic alien invaders. They act like beasts to get across that they're not just aliens but evil aliens.
Exactly, i like the Movies but not as TF movies (it's hard to explain) the plot is whatever to me as are the horrible excuses called "Decepticons" i only go to watch Robot Aliens beat the shit out if each other, i hate the fact that they are TF movies because to me (and a lot of people) they are not, they do no justice to the Franchise or the Characters, the only thing it did was revive the Franchise so i am thankful for that but hopefully one day years from now we will get the TF Movies we Deserve
gokuz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #6
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
Because he's angry.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #7
*insert stormcloud here*
Hot Shot.'s Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuz23 View Post
the only thing it did was revive the Franchise
And we're back to my pet peeve that never goes away.

The franchise was just fine before Bayformers. All the movies did was inject horse steroids into it. You might not have been paying attention to it at the time, but that doesn't mean it was dead.

Steam: Hot Shot
Hot Shot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #8
News Credits: 13
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyber-Scream
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Because he's angry.
I was about to say the same thing, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Shot. View Post
And we're back to my pet peeve that never goes away.

The franchise was just fine before Bayformers. All the movies did was inject horse steroids into it. You might not have been paying attention to it at the time, but that doesn't mean it was dead.
Exactly. Sure, the movies introduced the franchise to a whole new generation of fans, but that doesn't necessarily mean the franchise was in desperate need of those new fans before. Adding on =/= reviving.
Cyber-Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 AM   #9
擎天柱
Megatron growls because it is to show how much more a threat the Decepticons can be.

That's my theory.

If we get new TF reboot movies, I'm fine with it. I'll still show my respect to Bay.........
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 AM   #10
Hey look, I have a title
News Credits: 4
...Am I the only one who liked Megatron's growl...?

Or rather, anything about the Movie Decepticons in this thread? :l
Ultrawave is offline   Reply With Quote