Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Why talk about the flaws of the movie so often?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
Why talk about the flaws of the movie so often?

Everything's been said, snarked at, and lamblasted. Every bad line, every horrid moment, every oppotunity to snark at Bay's work having been taken 2000 times aready.

Give it a rest, people.
The New and IMPROVED (I think) version/But I Don't Wanna Catch Them All! A Pokemon Comic/Pony Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxorak View Post
You're trying to put real world logic into a crossover between five webcomics, all of which reference various fictional properties from both East and West. Therein madness lies.
Stonecrusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
Brony
Collection Count: A lot!
News Credits: 1
Might as well close the movie forum until the 4th movie comes out then.
XBL: Planck Epoch
3DS FC: 0490-6739-9433
Watch my reviews here! http://www.youtube.com/user/Halcyon554
My Trade/Sale Feedback
PlanckEpoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
Decepticon
Collection Count: Too many to count
Well the problem is that someone inevitably starts a new thread saying something like how wonderful the films are, and so those of us that didn't like them much must spew our hate over it like a pack of rabid fan dilophosaurs..

I second the motion that we close this forum until film 4, then we can all come back and argue some more.
Alooulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecrusher View Post
Everything's been said, snarked at, and lamblasted. Every bad line, every horrid moment, every oppotunity to snark at Bay's work having been taken 2000 times aready.

Give it a rest, people.
While no film is perfect some films are just easier to pick apart than others. When films leave just about everyone happy they tend to over look the little things, but if a film leaves people unhappy or unsatisfied then hitting the bad bits gives people a feeling of somehow getting back at the movie.

Plus with the money that Hollywood has to invest in these large summer tent pole event films the movies have to take over a franchise for a while. If Hollywood is nice to the fans then those fans just go on and on about how great the movie was. But when Hollywood comes in, takes over, and it doesn't give the fans what they want well fans are a very passionate lot when they feel like they have been crossed in some way.

Honestly I don't know why people get so worked up about if other people liked it or not. Critics were pretty rough on the first Hobbit movie but that hasn't dulled my enjoyment of the movie a single ounce. Telling people to not complain isn't going to get rid of their negative feelings, it just means you want to pretend everyone loved something so you can somehow justify your own enjoyment.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #5
Why don't the movie fans give praising the films a rest? Everything positive about the films has been talked about and praised 2000 times. Why continue trying to defend them and talk about how good they are?

The people who dislike the films have just as much right to discuss the films as the people who like them.
soundwaverulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:50 AM   #6
Hey look, I have a title
News Credits: 4
I think we're much more civilized at this than the Star Trek fandom though.
Ultrawave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:28 AM   #7
Combaticon
Collection Count: I don't have enough fingers and toes...
Send a message via AIM to Chaos Prime
Because the movies deserve it.
If Hitler were alive would you just stop saying bad things about him? No you wouldn't. You would remind him every single day what a douche he was.
It's a similar principle. LOL!

http://www.thedeli-guy.com
http://jimclassicstoycollection.tumblr.com/
Chaos Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 AM   #8
Hell's Traffic Accident
Collection Count: Some, not all
News Credits: 1
I can't help it, they're what I remember most about the movies, every once in a while I remember they had really good parts too...

Looking to get rid of your stinky Busou Shinki Murmeltier? then please PM me and maybe we can make a deal!
MegaDolrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 AM   #9
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecrusher View Post

Give it a rest, people.
They do it because the flaws of a movie based of a tv show you watched as a child/growing up - hurt more than just emotionally but also physically and mentally and will stay with you forever - especially when you forked out money to go watch something that didnt reach anywhere near you expectations.

Until the fans have Bay's head on a pole there will be no end to this
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #10
WITH NO SURVIVORS!
Collection Count: More than few but less than all of them
News Credits: 9
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
Because I truly believe these films could have been some of the best sci-fi action films ever made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote