Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Why talk about the flaws of the movie so often?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #41
Fur, Fangs and Steel
Am I the only one who loves the movies yet still believes the haters have a few valid points?
Meddle not in the affairs of robotic dogs for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source
robodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #42
Ghostcon
TC, have you not pondered that perhaps there are far more flaws than virtues to talk about? In fact, the only virtue I`ve seen anyone ever mention about the movies is "it made Transformers appealing to the mainstream audience and that made Hasbro some money for other things".
Saitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #43
A Meat Popsicle
News Credits: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robodog View Post
Am I the only one who loves the movies yet still believes the haters have a few valid points?
Nope.
Shapeways store: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/bpm
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...ck-thread.html
bellpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #44
With great power...
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by robodog View Post
Absolutely not.
jru42287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #45
Yesssss
Predaking EX's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 10
I mean my biggest issues for this trilogy was the complete lack of respect for the Decepticon's fans out there and there are many! Look at the first movie for instants(which I love) Starscream disabled 3 of the Autobots by himself, Megatron tossed OP around like he was the big brother and in the 2 and 3 movies its basically Optimus and Bumblebee scrapping the floor with the Decepticon's as if there nothing, yet The Decepticons won the war on cybertron and basically forced the autobots in exile! And five maybe six autobots are all that stands in the way of a army of decepticons(2nd and 3rd) and the Fallen(2nd) and they still cant get it done, come on! It doesn't even make since continuity wise in that regard. Plus they got the characterization of Optimus Prime all wrong in the 2nd and 3rd movies. OP was remorseful for having to have Megatron die in the first movie. In the second and 3rd its all out genocide on any transformers not claiming loyalty to him, as if he were the original Megatron. Plus Megatron yields command of the Decepticons to nobody not the Fallen or Sentinel Prime.

Ok I'm done ranting, sorry.
Predaking EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #46
THE God of War!!!
Collection Count: stopped counting after 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecrusher View Post
Everything's been said, snarked at, and lamblasted. Every bad line, every horrid moment, every oppotunity to snark at Bay's work having been taken 2000 times aready......
My take on the whole view of the movies.

G1 has set the bar very high on certain things, AND has also showed that that bar is really low on certain things in today's world.

One believes that with the amount of money and research that went into making the movies, there should be a lot more "omph" to them.

Example:
-Beast Wars (aimed at kids), took some good elements of G1, and made it better. A lot of the negatives is stemmed from trying something new and it didn't work, or didn't appeal to the audience.

-RiD and Unicron Trilogy (aimed at kids), took some elements of G1, influenced by current anime popularity, and foreign CGI styles. A lot of the negatives is stemmed from trying something new and it didn't work, or didn't appeal to the audience.

-Animated (aimed at kids), took some elements of G1 and Beast Wars, and gave it a twist. A lot of the negatives is stemmed from trying something new and it didn't work, or didn't appeal to the audience.

As for the movies...with 22 years of history (1984-2006), characters, color schemes, storylines, fans' likes and dislikes, modern CGI with Hollywood budget, various internet fan sites, and people who worked on the movie who were here from the begining....we should have gotten something better.

I am NOT saying they failed to make a G1 movie, I'm saying with so many good things from the various series that came before, couldn't they have gelled something that we, the fans could enjoy with the rest of the average movie goer.

One thing I would like to point out:
One of the big criticisms regarding these past 3 movies, was the lack of Transformer interaction. If I was a writer, I would have had multiple scenes where Sam was sitting inside Bumblebee, conversing with the various Autobots that are driving along. I'm not saying that would have been a big fix, but at least have more interesting interaction with character traits and quirks from the Autobot cast.

It's been done in G1, RiD, Unicron Trilogy, and in Animated. The Autobots didn't really have to be in robot mode 100% of the time to talk to each other. A cheap flashing light on the dash board or screen to show "alive-ness" of the car...a la 80s Knight Rider, (without doing a ripoff would have been sufficient for me).
Please help me ID these non-TF parts thread: #99 of approx 1000 listed (#86, #87, #89, #90, #92, #95, #97, #98 + #99 added)
TFW2005 Feedback Thread
Metroplex79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #47
擎天柱
News Credits: 1
Everyone has an opinion and view on these movies. I see them as epic.......

This thread is similar to one of my own threads " Tired of Bay haters?"......... Ultimately, that thread got some of the most negative responses I ever got.
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #48
The Big Engine
Collection Count: 50+
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFXProtector View Post
But...if you didn't like one or more, chances are the other one or two aren't going to be any better and it's just a waste of your time and money.
I wish to address this point specifically; I have made a monkey of myself enough times by criticizing blindly. I wasn't impressed with Revenge of the Fallen at all, but I still went and saw Dark of the Moon. Largely because I followed it's production and thought maybe they'd done a better job here. I was correct and Dark of the Moon was a vast improvement.

One cannot fully critique, or otherwise have a complete opinion on a film (outside an educated guess) without seeing it.

Same with Green Lantern and Amazing Spider-Man. I rented those suckers, and thanked every God in the sky I'd only paid 5 bucks each for the displeasure of putting up with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoboticon View Post
I LOVE GEN 6 ALREADY!!! (As long as there are no ice creams or garbage bags)
Fuck you buddy, Trubbish and Garbodor are freaking awesome

"It is necessary to get fully behind someone before you can stab them in the back"
---Sir Humphrey Appleby. 3DS FC: 0404-6376-9063
Gordon_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #49
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou View Post
TC, have you not pondered that perhaps there are far more flaws than virtues to talk about? In fact, the only virtue I`ve seen anyone ever mention about the movies is "it made Transformers appealing to the mainstream audience and that made Hasbro some money for other things".
I don't think that it's a lack of any positives in the movies so much as the negatives are just better topics. For example talking about how the movie managed a scale to the robots that the cartoons couldn't capture as well just isn't as exciting as a topic about how mom gets high or robot balls.

Plus it's just far easier to find things that people agree on as a negative than it is to find something almost everyone agrees is a positive.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #50
old misery guts
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash from Carolina View Post
I don't think that it's a lack of any positives in the movies so much as the negatives are just better topics. For example talking about how the movie managed a scale to the robots that the cartoons couldn't capture as well just isn't as exciting as a topic about how mom gets high or robot balls.

Plus it's just far easier to find things that people agree on as a negative than it is to find something almost everyone agrees is a positive.
I think in one sense they showed a lot of people just how incredible a Transformers movie could be .... while simultaneously not being that incredible movie.
Bumblethumper is offline   Reply With Quote