Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Why talk about the flaws of the movie so often?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #21
Junior Smeghead
Ash from Carolina's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 11,665
Collection Count: not enough :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
Well, a longer development time would be worth it for the extra effort and care put into the final product, I think
If nothing else at least more time in editing because there are some mistakes that could have been caught somewhere in editing and fixed without too much trouble.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 AM   #22
Herald of Unicron
Scorpio's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,137
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanckEpoch View Post
I pay because I actually have to SEE the movie before I can really review it.
He means he wants you to watch it online and save up money
...
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #23
Combaticon
ian5555's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,332
Location: Edmond, OK
Collection Count: 600
I think some people are just miserable in their lives so this is their way of venting. You see it on most fandom sites. People that are unhappy just like to whine and complain about things that most people just could really care less about. If you showed some of what is said here to normal people (as in non-fans) they would probably think the person is all sorts of crazy. I have done that before and my friends are like, wtf is wrong with these people? They must leave really sad and pathetic lives to get so worked up over a movie. Don't like it? Don't watch it again. It's a lot easier to sit back and nitpick at something then doing something with your own life to change something you don't like I guess. Some of it does make for good comedy though.

I liked the movies. Were there things I wish had been in them or taken out? Sure. But whining about it for a few years doesn't change anything.
ian5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #24
A Meat Popsicle
bellpeppers's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,543
News Credits: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecrusher View Post
Everything's been said, snarked at, and lamblasted. Every bad line, every horrid moment, every oppotunity to snark at Bay's work having been taken 2000 times aready.

Give it a rest, people.
So is it also time to leave G1 alone then?
Shapeways store: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/bpm
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...ck-thread.html
bellpeppers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #25
#SlyCooperswag
scypris115's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,138
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Collection Count: Masterpiece, Novelties, and movie toys are my main focus
News Credits: 3
Some people like the movies and some don't. That's just how life works, not everybody can like what others like, and that's ok..
scypris115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #26
Herald of Unicron
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,955
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alooulla View Post
Firstly, we pay because we want to believe, and support the brand, even if we go in with low expectations.
Well then, that's on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alooulla View Post
Some of us actually liked one of the movies, in my case, the first one, and hope there will be a return to the magic. However, calling people whiners isn't going to win you any friends, or allow you to take the moral high ground. Did you not think that perhaps if the derision of the movies is so strong all throughout the fandom, that maybe you should conduct your argument with good grace rather than mocking people?
I'm not trying to make friends when it comes to the movie forum. There are too many polarized people and the opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink. (Pro and con, I'll be fair.)

Why should I take the moral high ground when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alooulla View Post
On the other hand, there are people that take it too far i will admit. There's no excuse for death threats or anything outlandish like that.
...stuff like this happens? The instant one person lost their shit, mentally, was the moment I stopped going the moral high ground with them. I call it as I see it and I'm sick and tired of hearing people complain and praise. They're movies. Silly movies. That's the long and short of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanckEpoch View Post
I pay because I actually have to SEE the movie before I can really review it.
But...if you didn't like one or more, chances are the other one or two aren't going to be any better and it's just a waste of your time and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
He means he wants you to watch it online and save up money
Hell no. I know you're joking, but no. I don't want them to see it, period. There's no point. It'll either bring out the die hard fans who go nuts, or the naysayers who go even nuttier. Yay. What fun. I want them to save their money and go find something else to do. Like maybe another fandom, perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellpeppers View Post
So is it also time to leave G1 alone then?
Actually, yeah. It is. It's been almost 30 years. People have said the same things over and over 'til they're blue in the face. Nothing new or groundbreaking will be said. I can't imagine it's possible. If there's some new idea or statement that can be made, I'll be shocked. Even then, if it is uttered, it'll devolve back into "GEEWUN 4EVER!" or "GEEWUN SUX!" It's just a matter of time.
TFXProtector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #27
Everything Must Go!
Driskull98's Avatar
Driskull98's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,585
Location: Erie County, NY
Collection Count: Somewhere between "none at all" and "completed"
Send a message via Skype™ to Driskull98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecrusher View Post

Give it a rest, people.
No. The movies are steaming piles of crap that deserved to made fun of.
Getting out of Collecting! Buy my toys!
Feedback!
3DS FC: 5043 - 2895 - 0789
Driskull98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #28
Senior Member
Stonecrusher's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,865
Okay, I left this topic alone for a couple of days, then come back to see that I've yet again opened a can of worms. Some are tired of it, others make hypothesises of the issue, and still others excuse themselves. For the latter catagory, I have only this to say- you can bitch at a f*ckton of other things other then this movie.



LIKE THAT.



OR THAT.



OR EVEN okay maybe not that.

Point is, why bitch at a single group of movies at beat a dead horse with another dead horse? You can use that dead horse to beat a bajillion other horses.

End of line.
The New and IMPROVED (I think) version/But I Don't Wanna Catch Them All! A Pokemon Comic/Pony Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxorak View Post
You're trying to put real world logic into a crossover between five webcomics, all of which reference various fictional properties from both East and West. Therein madness lies.
Stonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #29
Reason Has No Voice
03Mach1's Avatar
03Mach1's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 14,757
Location: Do you really care?
Collection Count: 750+
News Credits: 4
Send a message via AIM to 03Mach1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Prime View Post
Because the movies deserve it.
If Hitler were alive would you just stop saying bad things about him? No you wouldn't. You would remind him every single day what a douche he was.
It's a similar principle. LOL!
I'm not sure which is worse. The fact that you compared the film trilogy to Hitler or the fact that it took three pages before someone called you on it.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...cus-value.html<---Click Me-It's my Trade Thread
03Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #30
I Know...I'm Awesome.
Autoboticon's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,347
Location: Falling off the side of the Nemesis...I wish I had wings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecrusher View Post
Okay, I left this topic alone for a couple of days, then come back to see that I've yet again opened a can of worms. Some are tired of it, others make hypothesises of the issue, and still others excuse themselves. For the latter catagory, I have only this to say- you can bitch at a f*ckton of other things other then this movie.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...-1920-1080.jpg

LIKE THAT.

http://people.cohums.ohio-state.edu/...s/godzilla.jpg

OR THAT.

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/w...y-fennekin.png

OR EVEN okay maybe not that.

Point is, why bitch at a single group of movies at beat a dead horse with another dead horse? You can use that dead horse to beat a bajillion other horses.

End of line.
God I love the smell of argumentive opinions and even more argumentive replies in the morning.

By the way Stonecrusher, as much as I see what your'e doing, this site doesn't need more debates, and since your a Pokemon fan, I have to say, I LOVE GEN 6 ALREADY!!! (As long as there are no ice creams or garbage bags)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon4e View Post
I will learn the secret of you ever changing sig autoboticon! (if that IS your real name)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
Autoboticon's sigs are like Vehicons; amuse us one moment, Autobots remove them the next.
Autoboticon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Tempting Collectibles for Transformers and Godzilla