Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Why talk about the flaws of the movie so often?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
Herald of Unicron
Scorpio's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,137
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
Because I truly believe these films could have been some of the best sci-fi action films ever made.
Everytime i think of this i just think of how the films could have been if they had the attention devoted to them that Avatar did... sure it would have meant the movies had a longer development time... but it would have been awesome
...
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #12
Dr Pepper Fan
Meta777's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,439
Location: UK! :D
Collection Count: 15
Well, a longer development time would be worth it for the extra effort and care put into the final product, I think
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergonWaffles View Post
Waffles are tasty, but not as filling as robot dinosaurs and bitch slapping Primes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZero View Post
He's not handicapped, he's handicapable of murder.
Meta777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #13
Herald of Unicron
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,031
News Credits: 2
The flaws, while legitimate (to some degree), are something for them to beat a dead horse over. Again, and again. I grow ever so tired of it, because it's not just here, but all over the fandom, plus it's on blogs, movie sites, Facebook, you name it. It's tiresome and ridiculous. We get it.

I do love how all these people bitching about these films pay for tickets and go and see each one. (Not all do this, I know, but most of the whiners just line up and keep feeding the machine money like the rest of us.)

I just laugh. I laugh and laugh. I mock them with glee. Because it's a silly movie and it's silly to get so upset over. People have threatened death over these movies. People have gotten banned over these movies. If that doesn't make you want to mock these people, I don't know what will.
TFXProtector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #14
old misery guts
Bumblethumper's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,444
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
Because I truly believe these films could have been some of the best sci-fi action films ever made.
yeah, this right here.

Transformers has all the elements, all the right ingredients for truly unique entertainment. A blockbuster done right, the movie we didn't get, would've had a place among the greatest, most memorable and iconic Hollywood has delivered.

Such a movie could still happen, years down the line. But it will have to overcome the tainted preconceptions that Bay has set up for the franchise.

I'm not bitter because Bay makes a bad film, the real disappointment is for the film we don't get.

We could have something so much more than just 'silly movies'.
Bumblethumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #15
Decepticon
Alooulla's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 349
Location: England
Collection Count: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFXProtector View Post
The flaws, while legitimate (to some degree), are something for them to beat a dead horse over. Again, and again. I grow ever so tired of it, because it's not just here, but all over the fandom, plus it's on blogs, movie sites, Facebook, you name it. It's tiresome and ridiculous. We get it.

I do love how all these people bitching about these films pay for tickets and go and see each one. (Not all do this, I know, but most of the whiners just line up and keep feeding the machine money like the rest of us.)

I just laugh. I laugh and laugh. I mock them with glee. Because it's a silly movie and it's silly to get so upset over. People have threatened death over these movies. People have gotten banned over these movies. If that doesn't make you want to mock these people, I don't know what will.
Firstly, we pay because we want to believe, and support the brand, even if we go in with low expectations.

Some of us actually liked one of the movies, in my case, the first one, and hope there will be a return to the magic. However, calling people whiners isn't going to win you any friends, or allow you to take the moral high ground. Did you not think that perhaps if the derision of the movies is so strong all throughout the fandom, that maybe you should conduct your argument with good grace rather than mocking people?

On the other hand, there are people that take it too far i will admit. There's no excuse for death threats or anything outlandish like that.
Alooulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #16
Aerialbot
lazerface's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,051
Collection Count: 150+
News Credits: 2
It's the general consensus among most Transformers fans, Sci-Fi fans and general movie fans, that I have talked to, that the flaws make up more than 50% of the 3 movie's run time. It's hard not to talk about something that is always there.
My Collection
My Wanted List - (I'm looking for G1/G2 Dinobots)
Feedback
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #17
Dinobot
NeverDoubt's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrawave View Post
I think we're much more civilized at this than the Star Trek fandom though.
Wait til you see the Muppet fandom, lol.
"We're entertainment, right? What do you got for us?"
NeverDoubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #18
Minecraft Addict
Optimus1138's Avatar
Optimus1138's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,500
Location: Michigan, United States
Collection Count: Too many, yet not enough
News Credits: 1
Closing the forum would be a very bad idea because then all the repetitive, stupid movie threads would flood TFGD instead.


My YouTube Channel
/人◕‿‿◕人\
Optimus1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #19
Brony
PlanckEpoch's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,807
Location: Portland, OR
Collection Count: A lot!
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFXProtector View Post
The flaws, while legitimate (to some degree), are something for them to beat a dead horse over. Again, and again. I grow ever so tired of it, because it's not just here, but all over the fandom, plus it's on blogs, movie sites, Facebook, you name it. It's tiresome and ridiculous. We get it.

I do love how all these people bitching about these films pay for tickets and go and see each one. (Not all do this, I know, but most of the whiners just line up and keep feeding the machine money like the rest of us.)

I just laugh. I laugh and laugh. I mock them with glee. Because it's a silly movie and it's silly to get so upset over. People have threatened death over these movies. People have gotten banned over these movies. If that doesn't make you want to mock these people, I don't know what will.
I pay because I actually have to SEE the movie before I can really review it.
XBL: Planck Epoch
3DS FC: 0490-6739-9433
Watch my reviews here! http://www.youtube.com/user/Halcyon554
My Trade/Sale Feedback
PlanckEpoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #20
I Know...I'm Awesome.
Autoboticon's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,354
Location: Falling off the side of the Nemesis...I wish I had wings
It's easy to, that's why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon4e View Post
I will learn the secret of you ever changing sig autoboticon! (if that IS your real name)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
Autoboticon's sigs are like Vehicons; amuse us one moment, Autobots remove them the next.
Autoboticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Big Bad Toy Store