Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

DOTM is way more awesome now

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
Autobot
trex5000's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 1
DOTM is way more awesome now

Thanks to Netflix, im watching season 2 of G1, um "megatons master plan" parts 1&2 are awesome! Bay couldn't have gone more G1 with the story line of DOTM, and I appreciate the movie so much more now. I'm pretty sure there were a number of lines copied verbatim from the episode to the movie.

I knew that DOTM was all about the Ultimate Doom,but never realized these other episodes. Too cool.
My Sales/Trades My Wants My Feedback
trex5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Predacon
siccoyote's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: OVER 9000! (actually 900)
the amount of times I have said after talking about somethign that's happened "And I have it ALL on Video tape for the WORLD TO SEE!"
TAKARA GENERATIONS METROPLEX FOR SALE, SEALED, 145 (Collected).
FOR SALE - FEEDBACK
siccoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
Some Guy
Meh. It isn't a G1 homage until someone builds a giant purple gryphon.

... That was a joke.
Pcm979 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Primus hates you
Collection Count: let me check
Didn't this come up like twenty times already

thanks to MPrime10
"You're immature for your age..."
3DS Friend Code: 3196-4902-3915 please PM me if you add me
Grimlock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trex5000 View Post
Thanks to Netflix, im watching season 2 of G1, um "megatons master plan" parts 1&2 are awesome! Bay couldn't have gone more G1 with the story line of DOTM, and I appreciate the movie so much more now. I'm pretty sure there were a number of lines copied verbatim from the episode to the movie.

I knew that DOTM was all about the Ultimate Doom,but never realized these other episodes. Too cool.
Its been said before now... also sorry to ruin this for you but Sentinel Prime was the one with the idea of saving Cybertron. Megatron's plan was only to rule Cybertron believing that Sentinel Prime would let him - watch the movie again. Sentinel states he is only working with Megatron to save his planet. Sentinel is the one who developed the pillars. Sentinel is the one who controls the pillars. Sentinel is the one who comes close to killing Optimus. Megatron does nothing in the film other than die and stop Sentinel Prime from killing Optimus. Also, despite people saying this hundreds of times, people fail to realise... Bay did not write the script for the movies - Ehren Kruger wrote the script, you should be thanking him for the refrences to G1.

Bay only has small influences over the characters and actors chosen - this is why we had Sams parents, the Twins, Deep wang. All of these characters were suggested by Bay and Bay alone - they contribute nothing to the story and were added as an after thought. For example, Deep Wang filled the place of Sam's boss - who was originally going to be the one to be killed and reveal the secret of the moon landing to Sam.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
Eight-legged Boy Hunter
JDK's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 6
Not entirely sure why a bad story being the same as another story makes it any better.
JDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
A Meat Popsicle
News Credits: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by trex5000 View Post

Oh yes... there was a LOT of G1 goodness in the movie- uncomfertaly so for many people.
Shapeways store: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/bpm
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...ck-thread.html
bellpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
Mr. JazzHunter
Collection Count: Not enough
News Credits: 2
Send a message via Yahoo to FatalT 71
All things considered, I'll just watch the Ultimate Doom instead. Less fast-forwarding though useless human scenes.

And no Deep Wang.

Signature courtesy of Bumbebee765 - thanks bro!

Quote:
The Sky to her Warp, the Thunder to her Cracker, the Star to her Scream
FatalT 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
擎天柱
Despite those G1 story plot references......... I think the reason why critics criticize DOTM's story is because of the continuity errors and the comedy.....
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
The Big Engine
Collection Count: 50+
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalT 71 View Post
All things considered, I'll just watch the Ultimate Doom instead. Less fast-forwarding though useless human scenes.

And no Deep Wang.
And we get to see Huffer wrestle a Woolly Mamaoth! Can't beat that.

"It is necessary to get fully behind someone before you can stab them in the back"
---Sir Humphrey Appleby. 3DS FC: 0404-6376-9063
Gordon_4 is offline   Reply With Quote