Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Lets look at the positives

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
Autobot Scientist: Tools
Collection Count: 40-50
News Credits: 1
Lets look at the positives

While I wished to see some more of charcters like Que and sideways im actually thankful for sitting in the movies and seeing these wonderful characters come to life and grab my imagination because at the end of the day Im just going to half to grab the remote and rewind back to the great run of sideways and the epic conclusion of Skids and Mudflap VS devastator. My point is we should look at all the things that bayformers gave us no matter how crappy thats how we got War for Cybertron and fall of cybertron and transformers prime, we could end up like G.I.JOE fans or worst not even have a movie series at all what do you guys think?
Crosshairs: *sigh* "You just wanna die for the guy. That's leadership. Or brainwashin' or somethin'."

Drift: "No. That's Optimus Prime."
TFwheeljack223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:25 AM   #2
擎天柱
I agree that all the cool visual transformations originate from the movies to some of our present Transformer franchises. Still, I see people on Youtube or other social media post " Bayformers don't count as part of the Transformer franchise." despite liking WFC/FOC and Prime.......

P.S. I wish that Wheeljack (Que, if you like to call him that) and Sideways (Dead End, as I like to call him) did get more screen time. But being minor characters for the movies. Aw well............
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:30 AM   #3
Herald of Unicron
I strongly disagree. I'd rather have no TF films than ones that insult my intelligence and my favorite characters. And I hate TF Prime, it's a terrible show. Although TF1 got me into Transformers so I guess I can't say I wish they never happened but at least TF1 was decent. I do wish the sequels never happened.
soundwaverulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #4
Hell's Traffic Accident
Collection Count: Some, not all
Yeah dude, it's been said how like, no matter what you think of the movies, they're what brought the franchise back to the spotlight, not to mention, alot of us wouldn't be here right now, since like, the movies got alot of people back into Transformers, me included!

They may not be the best movies out there, but their successfulness can't be denied, and successfulness spells nothing but good for any franchise, dig?

Looking to get rid of your stinky Busou Shinki Murmeltier? then please PM me and maybe we can make a deal!
MegaDolrailer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #5
Autobot Scientist: Tools
Collection Count: 40-50
Yeah, fasho
Crosshairs: *sigh* "You just wanna die for the guy. That's leadership. Or brainwashin' or somethin'."

Drift: "No. That's Optimus Prime."
TFwheeljack223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #6
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFwheeljack223 View Post
While I wished to see some more of charcters like Que and sideways im actually thankful for sitting in the movies and seeing these wonderful characters come to life and grab my imagination because at the end of the day Im just going to half to grab the remote and rewind back to the great run of sideways and the epic conclusion of Skids and Mudflap VS devastator. My point is we should look at all the things that bayformers gave us no matter how crappy thats how we got War for Cybertron and fall of cybertron and transformers prime, we could end up like G.I.JOE fans or worst not even have a movie series at all what do you guys think?
"This fool is terribly misinformed"

Seriously though... It seems like your entire post is just being based off a delusion.

You are calling the battle between Skids, Mudfalp and Devastator epic? They swung around comedically until one of them fell in its mouth or was shot off the body of the robot. Granted its a matter of opinion but being honest i dont see any way you can find it epic.

Bayformers is not the reason for WFC (Which was in development in december 2009 - a time when ROTF had made movie goers hate Bay and the Transformers brand)

Transformers FOC came from the popularity of WFC - not because of Bay (Although granted he could have helped introduce new fans to the franchise)

Transformers Prime came as a bi-product of Transformers Animated - which, although it does contain some similarities to the 2007 movie - Transformers Animated was originally named 'Transformers; Heroes' in order to distinguish it from the movie-verse which it didnt want to be part of.

Also, G.I. Joe had a movie and they delayed the second movie to give the fans what they wanted after the bad reception of the first. While G.I. Joe is not like the cartoon/toyline it was based on either it still has a better plot, more smoother action, better chase scenes and better action than ROTF and Transformers (2007) - and i say this as a Transformers fan. If you look at DOTM that is what we should have had for a first movie in terms of scale and emotional impact - plus the robots actually started talking more (Though still less than even cameo actors)

Essentially;
ILM and the graphics companies provided us with the fight scenes between robots, Bay just provided us with the camera angles.

Bay is not the reason for WFC as there was talk of a game set on Cybertron for a long time before the movie (although he may have helped introduce fans to the franchise via the movies)

Transformers Prime was inspired by Transformers Animated and is not meant to be like the movies - the problem with Bumblebee is due to them trying to fit themselves in the WFC, FOC continuity (Which included Bumblebee being choked by Megatron)
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
Dr Pepper Fan
Collection Count: 15
I bet actual scorpions are jealous of your mighty sting, Scorpio

Anyway, looking at positives, I LOVE LOOKING AT POSITIVES!

I love the Movie designs and aesthetic, the fight scenes are pretty damn awesome, the vehicles look gorgeous, it made some obscure chaps like Blackout and Barricade more prominent/popular/bad-ass, I love some of the concepts it introduces, such as Laserbeak's multi-shifting human-killing pink-Bee shennanigins, Ratchet trying out a different vehicle and Sentinel being a bad-ass fire truck with teleport-pillars and acid guns and stuff.

Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergonWaffles View Post
Waffles are tasty, but not as filling as robot dinosaurs and bitch slapping Primes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZero View Post
He's not handicapped, he's handicapable of murder.
Meta777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
Decepticon
Collection Count: Too many to count
The movies gave me Transformers Prime, basically. Im glad for that.
Alooulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #9
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
I find impossible to say what we would or would not have thanks to the movies. I think when new people come in they just assume that Transformers had been dead since G1 or Beast Wars. But Transformers toys have consistently been on retailer shelves better than any other 80's brand even if you weren't watching the cartoon series attached to the brand. Might be a shock to some people but the Cybertron toy line actually did well for retailers.

Even without the live action movies I'm pretty sure we'd have a cartoon series. It might not be exactly like Transformers Prime but I'm sure we would have something. Of course not having that annoying beeping that Bumblebee does instead of talking like the rest of the characters in some ways I wish we didn't have Transformers Prime, then we might have also skipped the whole yellow shelf warming period.

War for Cybertron even seems likely since the game seems to be selling itself more on nostalgia than a movie connection.

In a way it even seems like the movies might have hurt the toy collectors in the end because maybe it's just the places I've been to but it seems like stores are giving far less space to Transformers and not stocking as often after they got stuck with the Dark of the Moon toys they couldn't move. There are some stores that are still stuck with Dark of the Moon toys even at almost give away prices. Stores were giving more space and were better stocking in the Cybertron cartoon days than they are right now.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
Combaticon
I find the choreographing of the movies to be brilliant, for example, when Optimus is taking down all the drones before taking Shockwave down in DOTM, the way he spins and flows into the next attack is really fuckin' well done.
Jakest123 is offline   Reply With Quote