Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Autobots useless?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 AM   #1
Go Habs Go!!!!
Collection Count: not alot
Autobots useless?

I am sure a lot you will have your own opinions, but I would like to throw in a few opinions of my own regarding the heroic Autobots. What was their purpose and use in the movieverse? Let's take a second a see the humans: Starscream killed by Sam, Blackout killed by U.S Army, Megatron killed by Sam (in the 1st movie), Frenzy killed by U.S Army, Devastator killed by U.S Army, Pretender (the girl in ROTF who was in Sam's college) Killed by Mikaela. I mean the Autobots killed a few Decepticons, but throughout the whole three movies, it was mostly the humans that had the most screen time and the Autobots were just around in case things go wrong. And since when Optimus needs a humans aid? What kind of a leader is that. What do you guys think?
Wheeljack30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #2
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: CHUGorama!
News Credits: 1
Optimus did kill The Fallen and in the process saved the planet. But yes there is way too much gushing over the US military which in ironic considering their poor track record especially with friendly fire incidents.
unicronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:08 AM   #3
Pompous Decepticon Seeker
webz's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Only collect Masterpieces now.
Frenzy killed himself. He decapitated himself while fighting humans... but yes, the military is quite skilled at killing Decepticons when the script calls for it. However, even without Prime, the Autobots had a few kills. Ironhide killed the 2 Suburbans. Sideswipe sliced in half the Audi, Bumblebee killed Soundwave, the "dog" suburban, Lazerbeak, Ravage, Constructicon, and Brawl. Jetfire killed Scorpinok and a mixmaster clone, and the wreckers tore apart a protoform pilot, Wheelie and Brains killed an entire transport ship filled with Decepticon Protoforms.

The only truly useless character across the three films was Ratchet, who accomplished NOTHING on screen, other than to sniff Sam, and spout 5 lines or so.

The reasons are simple, however... it costs millions to render seconds of battle between bots. It costs hundreds to film minutes of humans. That's why in Jurassic Park, there is only 9 minutes of dinosaurs in a 2 hour movie. Also, Bay has a special relationship with the military, allowing him to utilize vehicles seldom seen on movie screens (F22 Raptor, Bonecrusher's minesweeper, etc). He's not going to let that relationship sour by showing the military as inept fools. Also, I don't mind the human military helping the bots, but that's what they should be doing... HELPING, not leading. I have a problem with the Autobots reporting to Lennox. The Autobots are closer to a civilian militia. The Decepticons are hardened military soldiers and gladiators.

As for Prime, I, and many others, have talked to death the inadequacies of Psycho-Much Prime. His brutality and lack of common sense judgement/ logic is over-abundant in all three films. Best to just think of the movies as mindless rollercoaster entertainment and save the thinking for better films.
I demand a baked potato with landing gear, perfectly scaled with MP10, with a perfect g1 aesthetic!

Oh, and Han shoots first!
webz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #4
Sick of Franchise
How many times has Sam saved Optimus Prime's life? TF1: Oh crap I can't fight Megatrobn. Oh, Sam. You killed him. ROTF: Oh crap I'm dead. Sam? What the? You brought me back! DOTM: Wreckers, please untangle me before Sam saves me again.
soundwaverulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:05 AM   #5
webz's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaverulls View Post
How many times has Sam saved Optimus Prime's life? TF1: Oh crap I can't fight Megatrobn. Oh, Sam. You killed him. ROTF: Oh crap I'm dead. Sam? What the? You brought me back! DOTM: Wreckers, please untangle me before Sam saves me again.
Why do you think Sam wants to work with the Autobots so badly in DOTM... without him, Prime cannot function properly. Sam shoulda became a Power Master for Prime in DOTM. hehehe

Ever wonder what would have happened if merging the Allspark with Megatron's spark super-powered Megatron instead of killing him in TF1? THAT woulda been an interesting scene... hehe

Megatron: "Thank you boy, I am now a GOD!!!!!! Now I will kill you!"

Sam: "You said you'd keep me as a pet!"

Megatron: "I kill my pets. I'm a sadistic warlord, fool!" *squishes Sam*

Optimus: "Awwwwwww F@#%!"
I demand a baked potato with landing gear, perfectly scaled with MP10, with a perfect g1 aesthetic!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:09 AM   #6
☆ #1 RWBY Fan ☆
Collection Count: 50+
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaverulls View Post
Optimus - Hey Sam wanna fix my arm for me? Since Humans need more screen time? and plus, Ratchet is usless as a medic

I was honestly thinking in DOTM something about that when Optimus lost his arm after re-watching it a 3rd time.
JetFormers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:11 AM   #7
You'll never see me fall!
Collection Count: I dont collect. I feel its immature to be grown and collect toys. I will stand by it too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by webz View Post
Why do you think Sam wants to work with the Autobots so badly in DOTM... without him, Prime cannot function properly. Sam shoulda became a Power Master for Prime in DOTM. hehehe

Ever wonder what would have happened if merging the Allspark with Megatron's spark super-powered Megatron instead of killing him in TF1? THAT woulda been an interesting scene... hehe

Megatron: "Thank you boy, I am now a GOD!!!!!! Now I will kill you!"

Sam: "You said you'd keep me as a pet!"

Megatron: "I kill my pets. I'm a sadistic warlord, fool!" *squishes Sam*

Optimus: "Awwwwwww F@#%!"
AutobotJazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:17 AM   #8
News Credits: 30
Can we like decide if the Autobots are useless or overpowered already? It's been 3 movies and I still don't know what this fandom thinks about ANYTHING!
shroobmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:25 AM   #9
webz's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFormers View Post
Optimus - Hey Sam wanna fix my arm for me? Since Humans need more screen time? and plus, Ratchet is usless as a medic

I was honestly thinking in DOTM something about that when Optimus lost his arm after re-watching it a 3rd time.
Just you watch... Transformers 4, Prime will transform into a truck with a chunk missing, bumblebee will be voiceless still, Q will be running around without a head, and all the while, Ratchet will be in the background sniffing humans to see if it is mating time. LOL

Decepticon Universal Healthcare is ran by Nerd Spiders... Although... the spider WAS able to revive Megatron from the dead with a Allspark Shard... Ratchet didn't think to try that with Jazz. Decepticon Health Care took the severed head of a constructicon and created Igor. Has Ratchet turned Jetfire's head into a kitty cat? I think not!

Bet you anything Megatron and Starscream return in TF4 with a headache and a sore back, but otherwise ok... and it's all thanks to Nerd Spiders.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #10
Dr Pepper Fan
Collection Count: 15
Well, if the Autobots hadn't been there, we'd get fucked over pretty badly. I mean, humanity thought the attacks in the first film were done by other humans, giving the 'Cons all the time in the world to do their shit while we pointed fingers at each other.

Good thing the Autobots arrived to stop their nonsense

Both sides are giant alien robots with force, disguise and cool weapons, but the Autobots have both a home-turf advantage as well as quite literally millions of reinforcements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergonWaffles View Post
Waffles are tasty, but not as filling as robot dinosaurs and bitch slapping Primes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
A wild question appears! Meta uses 'SCIENCE!' It's super effective!
Meta777 is offline   Reply With Quote