Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

NBE ONE A.K.A Megs

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
Hey look, I have a title
News Credits: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawc_69 View Post
I always found this to be completely unbelievable (in the context we're given). If any agency or whatever found something like Megatron in the ice, you know the first thing they would do would be to defrost it to study it. Megatron would've flicked them away like they were nothing and would've continued on his way.

And that's after you realize that space is a lot colder than the arctic in the first place, so he shouldn't have frozen at all!
There was nothing to freeze on him in space though.

The water managed to get into every nook and cranny of Megatron's body when he crash landed (presumably on fire from entering the atmosphere) in the ice, melted it and then it refroze around him.

It makes perfect sense if you think about it logically. There's no water in space so of course he wont freeze out there. His systems are running and space-worthy Cybertronians probably have fail-safes and systems to prevent them from freezing and locking up in space.
Ultrawave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #12
I vawnt my berdt.
Collection Count: I lied. Maybe 75.
News Credits: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawc_69 View Post
I always found this to be completely unbelievable (in the context we're given). If any agency or whatever found something like Megatron in the ice, you know the first thing they would do would be to defrost it to study it. Megatron would've flicked them away like they were nothing and would've continued on his way.

And that's after you realize that space is a lot colder than the arctic in the first place, so he shouldn't have frozen at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrawave View Post
There was nothing to freeze on him in space though.

The water managed to get into every nook and cranny of Megatron's body when he crash landed (presumably on fire from entering the atmosphere) in the ice, melted it and then it refroze around him.

It makes perfect sense if you think about it logically. There's no water in space so of course he wont freeze out there. His systems are running and space-worthy Cybertronians probably have fail-safes and systems to prevent them from freezing and locking up in space.
Think of it this way, firehawc. Does a NASA space shuttle freeze up into a 100 foot ice cube when it flies into space? No. Throw that space shuttle into an Arctic iceberg for years on end? Now it'll turn into a giant ice cube.
Interested in anything to do with voice-acting? Look no further than Behind the Voice Actors!
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #13
With great power...
News Credits: 7
Not completely unrelated, but a little off topic:

I think that's Simmon's line "NBE-1's still up and kicking, huh?" would have been a great line for one of the RotF trailers...
jru42287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #14
Dr Pepper Fan
Collection Count: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Think of it this way, firehawc. Does a NASA space shuttle freeze up into a 100 foot ice cube when it flies into space? No. Throw that space shuttle into an Arctic iceberg for years on end? Now it'll turn into a giant ice cube.
Absolutely. The key difference between the Artic and space is actually very mundane/simple when you think about it. You see, space has no air.

Boom.

Heat loss can be divided into three sections; conduction, radiation and convection. Remember the third one, it's gonna be important for this.

Conduction is pretty simple; you simply transfer your heat into another object via physical contact, be it a spoon, a bottle or another person. Your heat goes from you to them, because heat will always go to where it is colder.

Convection is your heat essentially being sapped away by an outside force. Go out on a windy day, and you'll feel a slight chill whenever the wind blows against you. That's because the cold air is drawing out your heat and blowing it away, which of course makes you chilly.

Radiation is the least efficient of the three. This one is simply heat radiating out. No spoons or bottles or air required. It just slips out by itself. But it's very, very slow compared to the other two, hence why it doesn't bother us that much.

Now, remember convection? How the air saps your heat? What does space NOT have?

You guessed it; air. No air, no convection. Megatron didn't have to worry about freezing in space because, since there is also no conduction going on either, the only way he's losing heat is by radiation, which is pathetically slow. If anything, Megs needs an efficient cooling system; with only slow-ass radiation in space, his engine is in danger of building up too much heat, so he's gotta keep it cool lest he end up melting himself or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergonWaffles View Post
Waffles are tasty, but not as filling as robot dinosaurs and bitch slapping Primes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZero View Post
He's not handicapped, he's handicapable of murder.
Meta777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #15
Some Guy
Collection Count: Yesterday's count +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
If anything, Megs needs an efficient cooling system; with only slow-ass radiation in space, his engine is in danger of building up too much heat, so he's gotta keep it cool lest he end up melting himself or something.
I learned that from Mass Effect. Education from video gaming FTW.

I also have a TL;DR version of your very informative post. It goes as follows:
You know Vacuum Flasks, right? The things which keep drinks hot? Guess what space is?
Pcm979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #16
Dr Pepper Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcm979 View Post
I learned that from Mass Effect. Education from video gaming FTW.
I love learning from games! Like, Pokemon taught me the all-important life-lesson that, yes, water can put out fire!

Quote:
I also have a TL;DR version of your very informative post. It goes as follows:
You know Vacuum Flasks, right? The things which keep drinks hot? Guess what space is?
Ha, that's pretty cool! But educate me; what does TL;DR mean? I've seen it a couple times but I've never deduced it.
Quote:
Waffles are tasty, but not as filling as robot dinosaurs and bitch slapping Primes.
Quote:
Old 12-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #17
I vawnt my berdt.
Collection Count: I lied. Maybe 75.
News Credits: 10
Quote:
Absolutely. The key difference between the Artic and space is actually very mundane/simple when you think about it. You see, space has no air.

Boom.

...*snip*...
A wild question appears!

Meta uses 'SCIENCE!'

It's super effective!
Interested in anything to do with voice-acting? Look no further than Behind the Voice Actors!
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #18
Dr Pepper Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
A wild question appears!

Meta uses 'SCIENCE!'

It's super effective!
And now I'm gonna use a Master Ball to catch me an EPIC-SIG-QUOTE
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #19
With great power...
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Ha, that's pretty cool! But educate me; what does TL;DR mean? I've seen it a couple times but I've never deduced it.
It means "Too long; didn't read."
jru42287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #20
Dr Pepper Fan
Ah, cool
Quote:
Quote: