Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Your Movie Reboot

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
HERE I AM
transformerwars's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 62
News Credits: 17
Your Movie Reboot

Something I was thinking about a few moments ago; How would I handle the Transformers films? What kind of plot would I have the film revolve around? What Transformers would feature in the film? So, then I thought, why not share my ideas, and let others share their ideas as well, if they have any. So, let's have a bit of fun with it.

Here's a bit of a basic premise for you. Give us a brief outline of the plot for your film, and tell us what Transformers you would have feature in your film. Optional things are; an outline of what each character is like; the person who would voice each character; and what each character would transform into. Also, lets just go on the basis that, for the moment, you've only been guaranteed one film.

Right so. Here's my idea...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plot
The Transformers have been fighting a civil war for centuries, which has resulted in them being exiled from their home world. Megatron has taken control of the Decepticons, preaching that he will revive and rebuild Cybertron, no matter what. However, few know that he plans to rule Cybertron with an iron fist as soon as he does, and conquer the universe. The Decepticons arrive in Earth's atmosphere, with plans to use an alien drill to remove all of the Energy from Earth's core, and send it to Cybertron's via Space-Bridge. The Autobots follow shortly behind, and must stop the Decepticons and destroy the drill in order to save Humanity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters

Autobots
- Optimus Prime; Transforms into a Peterbilt 389. Self-assigned leader of the Autobots, after the death of Sentinel Prime and loss of the Matrix of Leadership. Not a lot of experience in leadership, but will happily sacrifice himself for his friends and humanity. (Peter Cullen)

- Ratchet; Transforms into a Ford E350 Ambulance. Most well renowned medic on Cybertron. Will give his all for others, and to make sure they stay alive. Though he isn't the first to jump into a fight, he will always make sure he is one of the last to leave it. (Fred Tatasciore)

- Hound; Transforms into a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Hound has grown to love Earth in his short time here, and will do his best to make sure no human is harmed because of the Cybertronian war. However, this is his greatest flaw, as even a single human death can effect his performance in battle. (Patrick Seitz)

- Wheeljack; Transforms into a Mercedes C Class. Somewhat of a nut job, but a nice guy all around. He takes a great interest in human culture and science. He attempts to invent devices that could aid the Autobots in their battles, but due to his poor supply of materials, many of them fail to work when needed. (Simon Pegg)

- Hot Shot; Transforms into a Chevrolet Volt. An energetic, young Autobot who has very little experience in battle. However, he is determined to gain that experience and make his superiors proud. He also enjoys human youth culture, such as cartoons and video games. (Neil Patrick Harris)

- Chromia; Transforms into a Kawasaki Ninja 250r. Spunky, young female Autobot. Enjoys the heat of the battle, and sees it as nothing more than a sport. However, deep down, she really cares for her fellow Autobots, as well as the humans of Earth. (Susan Blu)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decepticons
- Megatron; Transforms into a Grey M1A1 Abrams Tank. Self-proclaimed saviour of Cybertron. He believes that he is chosen to rebuild and rule over Cybertron, at any expense. However, many do not know of how Megatron intends to rule Cybertron, and what he plans to do with Earth. (Frank Welker)

- Starscream; Transformers into a Saab Jas 39 Gripen VS Eurofighter. Though he remains loyal to the Decepticon army, Starscream was never fond of Megatron's means of leading the Decepticons. However, he agrees with his ideals more so than the Autobots', and thus continues to fight under Megatron's command. (Sam Riegel)

- Soundwave; Transforms into a Boeing X-48B. Megatron's most loyal subject. He's in charge of the Decepticons' communication channels and information gathering. Any word spoken by any Decepticon, Soundwave has heard it. He is capable of surviving great amounts, so much so as to survive only as a cranial unit. (Frank Welker)

- Onslaught; Transformers into a USMC LAV-25 assault vehicle. The Decepticon's Chief Tactician. The individual who recommended that Earth be the planet from which to harvest energy to rebuild Cybertron. Often becomes aggravated when his plans don't go as he wanted. (Travis Willingham)

- Vortex; Transforms into an Apache Helicopter. Acts as the Decepticons' interrogator. He uses his calm voice and varies limbs and tools to pluck information out of Autobot prisoners. On the battle field, he is quick and ruthless, and won't hesitate to fire through his fellow Decepticons to hit an Autobot or two. He also acts as the Decepticon medic. (Steve Blum)

- Wildrider; Transforms into a Ford Mustang. A fighting enthusiast, Wildrider takes great pleasure in being out on the battlefield. When he isn't shooting at Autobots, he can often be quite aggressive towards his fellow Decepticons, and is often prone to injuring his allies. (Crispin Freeman)

- Demolishor; Transforms into an SR31 Mobile Missile Launcher. An easily angered Decepticon, Demolishor is the Decepticons' first soldier to head into an assault, due to a large array of weaponry at his disposal. (Adam Baldwin)

- Cyclonus; Transforms into an F35 Fighter Jet. An experienced fighter who rarely speaks, unless spoken to. His skills are in melee fighting, particularly with swords. However, that's not to say that he's afraid to pick up a gun and fight from afar every now and then. His loyalty to the Decepticon cause is often questionable. (Tony Todd)

transformerwars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
擎天柱
News Credits: 1
My reboot

For my version, I'll take inspiration from G1, the live-action movies and other cool Transformer sources.
I would create new characters, but not sterotypes..........

My plot:
Years of civil war have ravaged the planet of Cybertron. The planet no longer can sustain itself due to the devasting effect of the war, so Megatron and a group of Decepticons leave their planet in search for a source that will restore Cybertron but change the planet to his view.

Years later, during the final days of Cybertron. Starscream also pursues the same goal as Megatron to find an energy source to restore Cybertron commanding the warship known as the Nemesis to find a suitable destanation for the perfect energy source. Soon, his eyes lay upon the planet of Earth.

Optimus and a small crew of Autobots follow the Nemesis secretly to prevent the Decepticons from invading another planet in order to stop the Decepticon's real intention of expanding their influence.

Now I just have to think of my cast of Autobots and Decepticons........
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Welcome to Jurassic World
Collection Count: 314 and more to come
News Credits: 28
while i have no clue in what plot and characters i would include i do know what i would do with my tf rebootedverse

1. Declare any Tie in Media like prequels comics and Prequel novels as canon to the films
2. No killing Megatron, Starscream and/or Soundwave until i am ready to get rid of them (like when i am sure i'll end my franchise)
3. i would add my universe version of NEST
4. Tie Transformers with many of Ancient Aliens cospirancy 8i LOVE cospirancy plot, thats something i really loved of DOTM, the Apollo 11 Cospirancy)
5. Starscream would be the same Starscream we all know and love, the one who wants to take over leadership
6. Starscream would eventaully became the Main Antagonist in a sequel
7. Some Female Robots and i would make the Female Autobot as the second most Important Autobot
8. Optimus would till act like his Bayformers-self, like it or not
9. i would try my best to focus on the robots, but if theres no enough budget for focus on them, then like it or not i would focus on Humans then like in Bayformers
10. I would keep Bumblebee mute like his Bayformers and Prime counterparts
Check the Transformers/Marvel Universe

Stop Motion/Fanfic/Auditions
eagc7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
Super-unvincible
Collection Count: Uh... A lot.
Okay, so here's the basic gist - Professor Isaac Sumdac, a self-made man who teaches science at the University of Michigan, is working on creating advanced robotics. His young daughter, Sari Sumdac, ends up befriending five super robots from outer space: Optimus Prime (David Kaye, turns into a Ford F-150 Raptor), Ratchet (Corey Burton, turns into a beat up Toyota Hiace ambulance), Wheeljack (John DiMaggio, turns into a Plymouth Barracuda), Hot Shot (Johnny Bosch, turns into a Dodge Viper) and Bulkhead (Kevin Michael Richardson, turns into a Hummer HX). The Autobots fight the 'Cons.

That's about all I got, really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFWiki
The Transformers launches in the US, in toy, comic and cartoon formats, forever ruining Transformers.
Spin-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
yeeyee
Collection Count: one thing i said that i would never do
i've got like three reboot ideas... eheh. i'll post one that i haven't done before here.

the decepticons leave cybertron and are pursued by the autobots. a firefight ensues that ends with the autobots crash-landing on a distant planet and the decepticons landing on earth. the 'cons use lies and slander to make humanity think they are peaceful, kind beings that exiled the autobots from their planet for being war criminals. the truth is revealed when megatron's troops are revealed mining for energy and resources and killing innocent humans. the tables are turned, the decepticons start enslaving humans in (generic big city) when a twinkle in the sky catches everybody's attention. megatron, realizing it's the ark, shoots at, knocking out one of its engines and sending the massive ship crashing directly into poor dirge. optimus busts open the door and boy, is he pissed. he sends red alert, blurr and wheeljack to help out the humans and the rest of the autobots start beating some ass. optimus and megatron have a big showdown... yadda yadda... that's all i've got.

cast:

autobots:
optimus prime
jazz
ironhide
tracks
jolt
red alert
swerve
blurr
bluestreak
wheeljack

decepticons:
megatron
starscream
soundwave
tarantulas
inferno
mindwipe
demolishor
dirge
brawl
Fallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
A few things I would like without having to get into any plot details.

A movie where it feels like the Autobots are the only force that can save us. Plenty of other movies where humans can save us from some horrible threat from outer space so the bots need to shine in their own movie.

Decepticons that would rank right up on the list of great film villains. Sure they aren't going to win because this is an American film, but it would be nice to feel like they had a chance at winning. Throw in some personality because villains without personality are just too bland.

Do like the other films that find just that right mix between the old and the new. Old fans should feel welcome but at the same time it doesn't need to something that new fans couldn't get into quickly.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #7
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 3
(Sorry its a tad lengthy - inspiration guides me)

Plot;

The Autobots and Decepticons flee Cybertron falling through a wormhole in space. The Autobots crash landing in a mountain while the Decepticons crash in the ocean.

Millions of years later the Autobot ship - now inside a massive cavern is discovered by three young adults/teens (Typical Nerd, Typical Cool guy, Typical shy female) while going spelunking.

The kids emerge from a lake finding a darkened room with the Ark imbedded in the cave wall. They decide to explore as the 'nerd' films everything -believing it to be important. They cause a rock fall which traps them inside the ship and activates the ships defense mechanisms which power up the Autobots.

The Autobots are revealed to survive via Energon however they detect Energon in the electrical equipment and reveal that modern day electricity and storms contain minor amounts of energon and that if harnessed properly they may one day be able to return home.

Meanwhile, in the Nemesis an underwater electrical pipeline is severed during an earthquake triggering the Decepticon ship to spark to life with Megatrons glowing eyes powering up.

Both sides soon realise that Energon may hold the key to powering up/repairing their ships, winning the war, ensure their own survival and (in large enough quantities) give the user the power enough to destroy a planet.

First film;
Autobots/Decepticons crash on Earth. Both sides are awakened. A few Autobots team up with human partners. They both end up awakening. Megatron decides to attack Optimus directly in a fight on a damn which results in the damn being destroyed and both sides retreating. The destruction of the damn causing the rural town to be flooded making Optimus worry if it is right for them to remain on Earth

Second film;
After the flooding of the town the human cast have all been moved and are currently in Tokyo checking out the sights on a College/highschool/uni/whatever trip. Meanwhile the Autobots locate the main centers of energon around the world when they realise that Tokyo,Las Vegas, Paris and other places are all built above older 'energon based' reactors built by a military organisation which has known of the Transformers for years as they have a Transforming who they have been experimenting on Shockwave.

The film ends with a battle in Tokyo. The Tokyo Tower is brought down by the Decepticons and the Autobots save several people from being crushed by it - Autobots are revealed to the world as heroes and are accepted into society by the majority with chat show members suggesting it is their fault being boo'd and hissed by the fans. The Decepticons however have stolen enough energon before retreating - The final shot is of the Nemesis as power turns on and Shockwave joins the command bridge.

Third film;
The Nemesis is fully functional and heads off to attack Paris. The Autobots are too slow to react and hear of an attack on Paris - piecing together that the Decepticons now have the Nemesis up and running - believing their next attack to be Las Vegas - the main powerhouse of electricity which they can use to refine into energon.

The final battle features the death of every Autobot and Decepticon other than Soundwave and Cliff Jumper. Starscream attempts to betray Megatron and is slaughtered his spark and spine being ripped out infront of the Decepticon army. Optimus is mortally wounded by Soundwave, however Optimus manages to fight and defeat Megatron and they both die fighting in an explosion of the reactor which levels most of Las Vegas killing the remaining Decepticons and any Autobots in the blast radius. The Nemesis is also destroyed during the attack.

Minimum cast, Autobots;
Optimus Prime
Bumblebee
Cliff Jumper (Introduced in second film)
Ratchet

Decepticons;
Megatron
Soundwave
Starscream
Shockwave (Introduced in second film)

Notes;
Roles of the human cast would reduce over the stretch of the films. The first film would feature about an hour of the human cast members - discovering the Ark, exploring, being protected by the Autobots. The second film would reduce this to about 30 minutes - mostly just being to provide an emotional link to why the fight in Tokyo could be dangerous. At this point the 'cool guy' character could be killed off. In the third film they are only refrenced and shown briefly as supporting the Autobots. The 'Nerd' character helps organise a military strike and clearout of Las Vegas.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Stunticon
Collection Count: Too many
What I'd do would mix and match bits and pieces of some of the more recent TF series and comics:

* As with my previous reboot idea, the plotline is essentially "The Seven Samurai"/"The Magnificent Seven" with "All Hail Megatron" peppered into it: basically, the Decepticons have already conquered Earth, and the human race looks to the Autobots for help. As in 7S/M7, there are seven Autobots total that respond to the call, four of whom die before the first movie ends; and as in 7S, the final battle takes place in a rainstorm.

* The Autobots' holo-avatars get significant screen time, thus to keep the focus squarely on the robots even when we can't afford the CGI; for this reason, the voice actors also have to be able to act on-screen too, since they'll also be doubling as each robot's holo-avatar. Not only does this mean that Bumblebee will finally friggin' talk, it also means a completely new voice cast from the keel up...that includes Optimus, too.

* If this is a total reboot we're talking, then Hasbro's Fab Four will be here for it - Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron and Starscream - but past that I'd change up the roster with characters who haven't gotten a lot of screen time in the past few incarnations of the brand, like Hound, Inferno, etc.

* Female Transformers who actually kick @$$ instead of being treated like cannon-fodder.

* Cybertron is gone, and there's no more damn ancient Cybertronian MacGuffins conveniently lying around anymore...the Decepticons are here for one of two reasons: either to turn Earth into New Cybertron, or to simply bleed it dry and move on to another planet.

* A live-action version of MECH or some variation thereof, brought about by anti-robot paranoia.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com/
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:44 AM   #9
Warrior
VPTwarrior's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 24
I wouldn't really change anything for the first and second movie except for fixing plot holes and changing the ending of the second movie to be the same as the comic adaptation.

The third, being the giant load of slag it is i would change a lot. I don't know about plot but i would go with a full scale invasion and have the characters, also weapons would still be intigraded into their bodies. I would have soundwave and shockwave be the ones who made the spacebridge pillars and attempt the same plan. Have the wreckers arrive after the autobots return as wreckers are used for those types of situations. Have mostly autobots killing decepticons, with Bumblebee vs Barricade, Ironhide and Sideswipe vs Starscream and Thundercracker. Ratchet vs Flatline. Wreckers taking out Menasor, Overload, and Sixshot using weapons made by Wheeljack and Perceptor. Humans would be using those powerful weapons they had in the first movie instead of assault rifles. No human vs human fights at all. No unnecesarry romance. No sam (tired of his screaming). Have decepticons get there using comet forms instead of space bridges. Cybertron would not look like a massive beehive. No weird tiger things at the beginning of the movie. No sentinel(he's cool but not useful or this idea if Optimus is the last prime). Actual good fights, not one sided ones like 3. Transformers will still have high durability to human weapons. Lots of examples of scanning vehicles and becoming them. Most awesome Optimus vs Megatron fight ending that lasts for at least 5 minutes.

Autobots:
-Optimus Prime
-Ironhide
-Ratchet
-Arcee
-Bumblebee
-Wheeljack(not have him look stupid)
-Mirage (with invisability)
-Sideswipe
-Mudflap
-Skids
-Crosshairs
-Air Raid
-Springer
-Leadfoot
-Topspin
-Roadbuster
-Impactor
-Ultra Magnus
-Blurr
-Prowl
-Perceptor (have him as a sniper like in IDW)
-Kup
-Sunstreaker

Decepticons:
-Megatron: have him fixed up
-Starscream
-Soundwave: still a satillite
-Rumble
-Frenzy
-Laserbeak (one that does not look like a dinosaur or talk)
-Shockwave
-Thundercracker
-Flatline
-Barricade
-Stuntacons/Menasor (one made by D. Grinwis) instead of that stupid worm
-Hatchet
-Crowbar
-Crankcase
-Sixshot
-Tarn
-Overlord
-Still have protoform drones
-Blitzwing
-Astrotrain
-Dreadwing Drones
-Payload Drones
-Swindle Drones
DESTROY TO PROTECT
VPTwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
Autobot
Collection Count: Lots, counting brothers' and sister's
Here's my idea for a Transformers reboot. It mainly takes elements from G1 and the Aligned Continuity.

Plot:
After losing in an endless civil war on Cyertron, Optimus Prime and the Autobots decide to escape via space bridge on the Ark, but Megatron and his Decepticons follow them in the Nemesis and both sides get sucked into the closing portal. After crash landing on Earth millions of years ago, the remaining Autobots decide to protect their new home from the Decepticons, led by Starscream, who plan to build a new space bridge and release a full scale army of Terrorcons, robot zombies who were raised from the dead from recently discovered dark energon from Earth. With the help of their new, teenage human companions, Anthony Witwicky, Carly, and Hiro (a Japanese-exchange student), the Autobots must stop the Decepticons from releasing this army and spreading chaos on their new home.

Characters

Autobots

-Optimus Prime; transforms into a Peterbilt 389. He is the noble leader of the Autobots. He cares deeply for his team and his new human friends, and would give his life to prtoect them.

-Bumblebee; transforms into a Chevrolet Camaro. He is a decorative war hero. He has a damaged voice box and can only speak in electronic sound effects.

-Ratchet; transforms into a Hummer Ambulance. He is the Autobots' medic. He is at first apprehensive about the humans being involved in Autobot activity, but soon grows to care for them.

-Wheeljack; transforms into a Ford Mustang GT. He is a scientist who does more dirty experiments compared to Ratchet. He is a decorative fighter who wields twin-blade katanas.

-Arcee; transforms into a motorcycle. She is very courageous when it comes to fighting Decepticons.

-Bulkhead; transforms into a SUV. As a Wrecker, he enjoys smashing Decepticons like they were nothing.
Freedom, is the right of all sentient beings. Dinobots, Transform! Prepare to be Reformatted.

I get my circuits breached after i eat cheese. (Ed)
T-Wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote