Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

All three Transformers movies nominated for Rifftrax's "Worst Movies of All Time"

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #161
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen_revenge View Post
They may call it "Worst movie of the year" ,But trust me they are money making machines!
Oh they make lots of money, but box office money can't buy you the respect of being a timeless beloved classic or buy you the Best Picture Oscar. No matter how much money the films make it's just never going to be enough to get everyone to love the movies nor will it ever be enough to stop some people from dismissing the films as mindless summer action films.

Plus the problem of in an ever shifting film market a place high up on the box office list is always in danger of being dethroned. The first few films to hit the billion mark seemed almost crazy but with several films each year hitting the billion mark it's just not as impressive as it used to be.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #162
With great power...
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin-Out View Post
So you're not much for Fantasy? I'm more of a Fantasy guy - even though I think most fantasy these days is kind of stale and uncreative. It's all rip-offs of Tolkein and D&D.
I'm really not. =/

I like fantasy to a certain degree, if you were to consider things like Spider-Man and The Avengers fantasy, but when it comes to magic and spells, it just puts me in a snooze. I think that's why I prefer things like Fallout, since, while they're not terribly likely, they add a bit more realism.

Might even be why I love Titanic. Mixes just the right bit of fantasy with the right bit of real. No, there wasn't really a Jack and Rose, but yes, Captain Smith and Asshole McIsmay really did have that conversation about lighting all the boilers (a woman at the disaster inquiry actually testified to overhearing it in the place it happened in the movie, and interestingly enough, Cameron gave a nod to that with a similar looking woman in the scene).
jru42287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:10 AM   #163
Super-unvincible
Collection Count: Uh... A lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahal Stmin View Post
The thing is, D&D is a rip-off of Tolkien. Not disparaging it, I love me some DnD, but just sayin.
Hooo, boy, don't I know it. That's exactly the reason I prefer the weirder settings like Eberron to the bigger names like Forgotten Realms, and probably the big reason I can't get into Pathfinder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFWiki
The Transformers launches in the US, in toy, comic and cartoon formats, forever ruining Transformers.
Spin-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #164
Terrorcon
News Credits: 3
The first and third wernt bad, screw the haters.
OmegaPrime22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #165
I don't know nothin'
Tiller's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Not enough.
News Credits: 1
More like the top bad movies that brought in the most amount of undeserved cash.

My Wants! / 2014 Sales Thread! / My Feedback!
Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #166
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiller View Post
More like the top bad movies that brought in the most amount of undeserved cash.
Define "undeserved". Because it's not like the Bay films marketed themselves as anything other than what they delivered, or stole money, or put a gun to the heads of their audience in forcing them to see the film. They may not have met the standard you're looking for, but they scratched an itch a lot of people were willing to pay to have scratched. Plenty of shitty films do.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #167
Banned
News Credits: 12
Quote:
Hooo, boy, don't I know it. That's exactly the reason I prefer the weirder settings like Eberron to the bigger names like Forgotten Realms, and probably the big reason I can't get into Pathfinder.
Out of all the Tolkien rip-offs Warhammer will always have a special place in my heart.

I still have my Lizardmen army somewhene in the house.

Never cared for the 40k stuff.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #168
HI!
News Credits: 4
This list is so damn biased it's not even funny. How are you about to put all 3 TF movies on the "worst movies of all time" list? Sure, they weren't "instant classics", but the reality is, most film trilogies never are. Some get away with it, but most don't cut it. The transformers movies might not be the best movies of all time, but they fulfill their purpose to be awesome action movies about robots in disguise that are fighting an epic war on a small planet called earth, with the humans caught right in the middle.
transformervic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #169
Something Screwy
Collection Count: More than few but less than all of them
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
Quote:
Yeah, no. Titanic has a shallow, cliche love story (it's on the level of Pocahontas - and that's not a complement), is an hour and a half too damn long, has a plot that just piddles along for two whole hours, an ending scene that lasts for an hour when it should be thirty minutes tops, has a two-dimensional villain who makes the worst cartoon villains look deep, and has two utterly and totally bland main characters that are outshined by ACTUAL PEOPLE who appeared in the film, like Molly Brown. And to top it all off, there were bits and pieces of a good movie in there - if it had focused on Molly Brown, or the captain, or even the guys on the salvage ship, it would have been a lot more interesting. To top it all off, the pretty awesome score is ruined by Celine Dion squawking a song that makes Michael Bolton look subtle and artistic.

Hell, AVATAR'S a step in the right direction for James Cameron after this glacially-paced (pardon the pun) disaster, and I fucking hate Avatar. At least Avatar had some interesting alien designs other than the giant Thundersmurfs.

TL;DR, James Cameron should stick to deep sea documentaries now, since Titanic and Avatar both show he can't make a film that has two dull characters focused on over more interesting characters, and that he can't make anything without a shitty love story now. His last good non-documentary was, of course, Terminator 2.
What about True Lies? That movie was funny. But yes T2 is his masterpiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #170
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
What about True Lies? That movie was funny. But yes T2 is his masterpiece.
Relevant?

Watch Mr. Plinkett's Titanic Review (part 1 of 2) | RedLetterMedia Episodes | Blip
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote