Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Anyone tired of having Bay haters around?

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #21
Dinobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by siccoyote View Post
pretty much ANY director that was given the job and $200 mil for effects would have given the franchise some pop culture cred
Good point, lol. Yeah again I don't see Bay as any visionary figure in the franchise.
"We're entertainment, right? What do you got for us?"
Old 12-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #22
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
Man, I'd MUCH prefer an echo chamber where everyone just says the same things over and over to a sea of nodding. That sounds like an awesome model for a Discussion Forum.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #23
That Odd Guy's title
Collection Count: About thirty
Old 12-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #24
Universe Onslaught fanboy
doomboy536's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 101
News Credits: 3
Not liking Bayformers =/= being a geewunner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984forever View Post
When DC re-boots Batman they don't turn him into a damn dirty Ape.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #25
Dinobot
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixbeast View Post
Just because he brought things back into general public eye doesn't mean he revolutionized it...
The revolutionized the industry of urinating robots as depicted on film.

I remember those times I'd race home after school to watch my beloved cartoon and every single day I'd have the same stunned reaction. "What? NO dog humping? AGAIN!?" I'm glad he could revolutionize that aspect in particular

But seriously, as far as the original question...these Geewun-loving "Bay-haters" that you may be tired of having around? Yeah, a lot of these folks are the ones who stuck around and built this community while carrying a torch for their beloved plastic robot men.

Is the hate extreme? Sometimes, of course. If you don't like the movie he made, it's not like he kicked your door down and broke all of your old toys and DVDs.

Is the hate warranted? To some extent. The guy makes dumb movies. Hell, he might in fact make the dumbest movies. I mean that objectively. One of our long time favorite brands was made into 3 of the most ridiculous big budget films in recent memory. I used to constantly imagine what it would be like to see a real car Transform into a giant mechanical warrior. Not once did this fantasy involve this mechanical warrior being illiterate with a giant gold tooth.

That said, I adore the films. They are gloriously insane. They are a total mess and every frame look like a billion dollars was tossed up on screen and straight into my skull in the most excessive and often incoherent way possible. They are not the movies I always wanted, but I saw a cranky robot fart out a parachute and I would not trade that for the world. I'm serious.

Would the movies have been better by someone else? Very likely. But Bay knows how to do the kind of crazy that tons of people go to see opening weekend. Financially, he was a fantastic choice. Artistically, maybe not so much, but I'm glad that money helped keep my toys chugging along these past few years.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #26
The Legendary One

Collection Count: 7500+ (I ain't joking)
News Credits: 20
I got a better idea.

Let's walk away from the computer. Pick up your favorite Transformer toy. Mess with it for a bit. Then go watch/read your favorite piece of Transformers fiction.

Then go for a long walk and come back.........
Grand Master of all things Transformers
The World's Biggest Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime collection
TFcon / TFW2005 Staff

Protoman on Twitter Protoman on Youtube (ProtoRetro)
Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 AM   #27
Dinobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
Financially, he was a fantastic choice. Artistically, maybe not so much, but I'm glad that money helped keep my toys chugging along these past few years.
I think this is what frustrates people about Hollywood in general. Artistic merit is at the mercy of the almighty dollar, heh.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #28
tail pipe
Collection Count: 410
Hey,I got a little pissed of when Rockstar got rid of the GTA III franchise and relaunched it with the GTA IV franchise but it was for the good of the franchise.That's what BAY did with Transformers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The621 View Post
As G1 Galvatron said:
"There will be no war today, Optimus Prime. You have earned Galvatron's respect!"
Old 12-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #29
Dinobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfomegaprime View Post
Hey,I got a little pissed of when Rockstar got rid of the GTA III franchise and relaunched it with the GTA IV franchise but it was for the good of the franchise.That's what BAY did with Transformers.
But I think the question for people is, why couldn't the same have been done with better written movies?
Old 12-03-2012, 01:21 AM   #30
擎天柱
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjkazer View Post
97 posts and picking on g1 fans your going to get along with very few people, in fact the truth is this whole geewuners stuff died out about rotf, in fact i would say you are preety close to trolling with this post if you want something that will always start a fire rumble is blue
i apologize if this a bad post.
Closed Thread