Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

How about no Decepticons in TF4, but HUMAN villains

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
You find me offensive
Collection Count: 34. Will increase with AOE and 2014 Generations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV95 View Post
Ha if that happened I can't even imagine the rage on this forum from all the Bay haters and the "no moar humanz, moar transformerz" people.
Yup, aside from you, that would be everyone. Nice job being the 1%!

We tried human villains in DOTM. As much as I enjoyed the movie, that guy with the cars really didn't do shit for me, aside from having some silly dialogue with Soundwave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker055 View Post
LEAVE IT TO MICHAEL "DEVASTATOR BALLS" BAY TO GIVE OUR BELOVED CHILDHOOD HERO OPTIMUS PRIME TWO GIANT BLUE DICKS.Absolutely disgusting, somebody please think of the children, raped my childhood, etc, etc.God, I love the movie forum.
Driftveil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #12
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
I think there's some mileage in the concept, especially since the impact of cybertronian intervention and technology has really only been barely touched on in the previous films, while at the same time it was touted as integral to our species' development.

Probably won't happen in TF4, since I get the feeling they won't want to mess with a profitable formula, but if another film is made, with a soft reboot and/or a new director, it could definitely be a way to set itself apart from the previous films.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #13
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
An interesting idea but I could see reasons why they would never go for it.

Hasbro wouldn't like it because for them the movies are all about how to get a nice uptick in the number of toys they can move. Hasbro doesn't seem to care that the Decepticons are some of the biggest jobbers on film, just that they are there so they can sell the retailers on why they need to stock another wave with Megatron or Starscream.

Paramount likely wouldn't go for it because they already have a franchise where a group of heroes fights a bad guy group of humans. They might feel like it was too much like GI Joe only with the good guy parts being played by robots instead of humans.

Really wouldn't fix the hero worship problem the movies have. Sure right now humans are the most powerful thing in the universe and a member of NEST could kill Decepticons with a sling shot. But as soon as humans were introduced as bad guys even the rail gun from the second movie would be useless against the Autobots.

It also makes Prime look kind of foolish. The whole reason for Prime giving up on his race and his planet was because he's so damn naive about humans not being bungholes. So the films can't show that humans can be worse than the Decepticons.

Almost worth it though for the rage of the people who have the crazy idea that the movies shouldn't have any human in them at all.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #14
Ultimate Wheeljack fan!
Collection Count: Focusing on Masterpieces, Wheeljack's, and a few more movie toys
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasame View Post
How about no
This.. It's not Transformers without both Autobots AND Decepticons. Any other option would be insane. Nuff said..
Santa Claus is coming to town...this summer.

I hope you weren't naughty this year
scypris115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #15
bionic hero
Collection Count: 2 optimus prime toys and primus
Send a message via Yahoo to daitarn red
no no
i want see decetipticons with hive come targetmasters , headmasters
daitarn red
daitarn red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #16
the original thirteen
Collection Count: a s#it load
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasame View Post
How about no
LoL... My thoughts exactly... Even down to the words chose..
kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #17
Seeker
They sort of did that in DOTM, giving Sam a Decepticon human to fight against. I don't know if they can/should do it again.

Besides, I'm not too fond of human villains, I feel they distract from the main Autobot-Decepticon conflict. And these films definitely do NOT need more humans.
QLRformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #18
10th Legion Commander
Collection Count: Need to recount.
News Credits: 9
I remember talking to some of my friends on X-box live about this. It was on the topic of Rescue Bots, but still, what would Transformers be without Decepticons? It was basically unanimous that Transformers just wouldn't be the same without the Decepticons. It's like saying what's the Rebel Alliance without the Empire?

The Autobots and Decepticons are meant to be together. Without either one, the franchise is just not going to work. But that's not to say I wouldn't welcome the idea of human villains, it's just that Decepticons are a must.
XBL Gamertag: Barricade247
Barricade24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #19
Telly-headed Tyrant
Collection Count: Probably more than my fair share
How about not just human villains instead of Decepticons but also human heroes instead of Autobots?
Autobloke in everything but name.
Gingerchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #20
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerchris View Post
How about not just human villians instead of Decepticons but also human heroes instead of Autobots?
So... Live action Masterforce? Sold.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote