Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Bay formers 4= insult to a great name

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #321
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Soon to be a handful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noideaforaname View Post
I must've said this a million times, but: MILITARY AUTOBOTS. You get the military doing what they do best without leaving the Autobots out. It feel a lot more "Transformers"-y if it was, say, Broadside that knocked Devastator off the Pyramid, or Springer or Powerglide "brought the rain" or whatever.

I mean, these bots have alternate modes. Let's actually use them for something besides driving. (or advertising GM's latest automobiles....)
But... but money...
Puck Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #322
DRUIDS
Collection Count: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGigaIce View Post
If giant alien robots invaded Earth I'd like to think the most technologically advanced military on the planet would be involved in the conflict.
That would be the realistic view - but the Bay movies and realism don't even belong in the same sentence.

Yes, I would expect the army to get involved - but since the Autobots are supposed to be the protagonists, the army isn't supposed to do a better job at fighting the Decepticons than they are!
Takeshi357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #323
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
Quote:
This goes back to what I was saying, about that idea in science fiction that we'll only come together in the face of an external (ie alien) threat. Say the Decepticons start invading. It's not a matter of one country's national security now. It's now a war between humanity and hostile alien invaders. If that happens I think a lot of states that are currently not on the best of terms with the US would ask for US military aid. Not only because it's now "us against them" but because the US has the most advanced military on the planet. If any human military has a chance at defeating technologically advanced alien lifeforms it's the US military. I think China or Iran would quickly forgive any misgivings they might have about the US to get US military aid in such a situation. The only nation that I can see not doing so is North Korea, but then again North Korea is insane.
Given the behavior of some nations I think a situation like in Transformers would only worsen the relationship between some nations rather than make it stronger. If nations like Iran and North Korea weren't part of NEST then it's only going to feed feeling of paranoia if they think the US is taking apart alien robots to learn how to build better weapons.

It's just hard to imagine any sizable nation that would just hand over it's sovereignty on it's native soil to have a foreign military fight in the place of it's own forces. In the second movie why would the Chinese just hand the attack on the Decepticons over to NEST when China had more to gain from getting the Decepticons themselves? It's never been clear just which nations are part of NEST.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #324
Telly-headed Tyrant
Collection Count: Probably more than my fair share
News Credits: 3
I have no problem with the military, US or otherwise, being involved in the Transformers war. In these so-called 'realistic' BayFormers movies it's to be expected humans are going to poke their noses and guns in. It just shouldn't regularly be made the focus of the Transformers war. The military can still do their worthy stuff, but it shouldn't be so worthy that it's always a main part of winning the day.

Maybe if it was just the military humans involved in the story it wouldn't be so bad, but then we have Sam and his parents and friends and girlfriend and boss and anyone else that gathers around his nonsense and pointlessly takes up screen time. If there's one thing Bay really needs to learn to do with these movies is edit them better and concentrate on the really important stuff rather than who's showing their underwear full of drugs while putting a dick in a fart and pissing all over someone to stop them humping a leg because their balls are showing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by decepticreep312 View Post
It's like 2007 all over again
Well, it's not like many of the movie problems from 2007 have actually been resolved at present.
People complain about aspects of the Bay TF movies today because it's still an ongoing issue for them starting from 2007 and carrying forwards.
When a new BayFormers movie is due or has arrived of course it's like 2007 all over again because more often than not the new movie is still doing the same old 2007 stuff that annoys some people.
Autobloke in everything but name.
Gingerchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #325
sculptor
Collection Count: 71 plus countless gundam models and other action figures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerchris View Post
I have no problem with the military, US or otherwise, being involved in the Transformers war. In these so-called 'realistic' BayFormers movies it's to be expected humans are going to poke their noses and guns in. It just shouldn't regularly be made the focus of the Transformers war. The military can still do their worthy stuff, but it shouldn't be so worthy that it's always a main part of winning the day.

Maybe if it was just the military humans involved in the story it wouldn't be so bad, but then we have Sam and his parents and friends and girlfriend and boss and anyone else that gathers around his nonsense and pointlessly takes up screen time. If there's one thing Bay really needs to learn to do with these movies is edit them better and concentrate on the really important stuff rather than who's showing their underwear full of drugs while putting a dick in a fart and pissing all over someone to stop them humping a leg because their balls are showing.

Well, it's not like many of the movie problems from 2007 have actually been resolved at present.
People complain about aspects of the Bay TF movies today because it's still an ongoing issue for them starting from 2007 and carrying forwards.
When a new BayFormers movie is due or has arrived of course it's like 2007 all over again because more often than not the new movie is still doing the same old 2007 stuff that annoys some people.
Bro, you just made my day! I am so sigging this! hope you don't mind^^
Quote:
If there's one thing Bay really needs to learn to do with these movies is edit them better and concentrate on the really important stuff rather than who's showing their underwear full of drugs while putting a dick in a fart and pissing all over someone to stop them humping a leg because their balls are showing.
roccondil5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #326
Mr. JazzHunter
Collection Count: Not enough
News Credits: 2
Send a message via Yahoo to FatalT 71
Quote:

Movie forum won. Turn out the lights, kids.

Signature courtesy of Bumbebee765 - thanks bro!

Quote:
The Sky to her Warp, the Thunder to her Cracker, the Star to her Scream
FatalT 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #327
Maxipads, attack!
Send a message via Skype™ to LordGigaIce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash from Carolina View Post
Given the behavior of some nations I think a situation like in Transformers would only worsen the relationship between some nations rather than make it stronger. If nations like Iran and North Korea weren't part of NEST then it's only going to feed feeling of paranoia if they think the US is taking apart alien robots to learn how to build better weapons.

It's just hard to imagine any sizable nation that would just hand over it's sovereignty on it's native soil to have a foreign military fight in the place of it's own forces. In the second movie why would the Chinese just hand the attack on the Decepticons over to NEST when China had more to gain from getting the Decepticons themselves? It's never been clear just which nations are part of NEST.
Say a technologically advanced alien race attacked China and the Chinese military was proving ineffective in combating it. Eventually they just might ask the US, who has a more technologically advanced military, for an assist.
I mean if the survival of the species is potentially at risk relatively petty misgivings between nations would probably fall away.
LordGigaIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #328
sculptor
Collection Count: 71 plus countless gundam models and other action figures
Quote:
Say a technologically advanced alien race attacked China and the Chinese military was proving ineffective in combating it. Eventually they just might ask the US, who has a more technologically advanced military, for an assist.
I mean if the survival of the species is potentially at risk relatively petty misgivings between nations would probably fall away.
China would probably kill off it's entire population before they asked america for help. Also,we are not talking about an alien army fighting against an earth army, but an alien army fighting agaisnt another oposing alien army, assisted by an earth army...
Quote:
If there's one thing Bay really needs to learn to do with these movies is edit them better and concentrate on the really important stuff rather than who's showing their underwear full of drugs while putting a dick in a fart and pissing all over someone to stop them humping a leg because their balls are showing.
roccondil5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #329
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
Quote:
While China might not be at the same technological level as the US I wouldn't exactly count the Chinese military as a push over force. The Chinese are rapidly making advances to their equipment and while they don't get a lot of press the People's Liberation Army Special Operations Forces are the equivalent of the special forces in any of the first world nations.

The only experimental human built weapon we saw in the movies was the rail gun, the rest of the weapons that were used effectively against the Decepticons was off the shelf weapons or weapon systems.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #330
butchrecon72's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 380.....and growing.
Haters gotta hate. I enjoyed the movies for what they were....big screen entertainment. I dont think it ruined the franchise at all. I have been a fan since I was 12 (1984), I have watched the Transformers brand change, G1, G2, Beast Wars/Machines, RID, Alternators, Universe, Energon, Cybertron, Animated, Movies, Classics/Generations, TF Prime. Each with its own unique flair to it. A TRUE fan will just roll with it as it continues to change and continues to bring us stuff to buy and collect.
butchrecon72 is offline   Reply With Quote