Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

How about... No new Autobots and only about a dozen Decepticons for TF4?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #11
Leader
Collection Count: Don't know.
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
Im with you that there really doesn't need to be any new additions to the Autobot side (the Decepticons might need some more because... well, the deaths), and it seems the TF concept works best with small, balanced sides that are able to play off eachother in terms of characters rather than action sequences.

But unfortunately, I don't think its going to happen. There's toys to be sold, good guys sell better than bad guys, so there's likely to be at least a few new characters in the movies.
The last part is completely true.
Plus, the only guys that sell a whole lot are Optimus and Bumblebee (and maybe Megatron. I don't entirely pay attention to these things). Not everyone really cares about the ones that don't get as much screentime.
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
PRIMEMAN3457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #12
Vehicon
I believe GM's contract was only for the 3 films. Assuming another car company gives them a better deal, we could have Optimus Prime, and all new characters, or at least heavily redesigned ones.
AquamanOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #13
Wrecker
Collection Count: 29 (Not counting fast food Kids Meal Toys)
As long as the Wreckers return and get more toys I'm cool with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
Bumblebee765 - The biggest Nerd I know.
Bumblebee765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
Getting a job to buy TFs.
Collection Count: Do limbs count?
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Im with you that there really doesn't need to be any new additions to the Autobot side (the Decepticons might need some more because... well, the deaths), and it seems the TF concept works best with small, balanced sides that are able to play off eachother in terms of characters rather than action sequences.

But unfortunately, I don't think its going to happen. There's toys to be sold, good guys sell better than bad guys, so there's likely to be at least a few new characters in the movies.
This post sounds really familiar.
"Boo,
WAKA WAKA!
" -David Draiman of Disturbed
BLOODRAGED189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODRAGED189 View Post
This post sounds really familiar.
If there's one thing people do in the movie forum, it's repeat themselves over and over and over.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
WITH NO SURVIVORS!
Collection Count: More than few but less than all of them
News Credits: 9
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
Not gonna happen. Hasbro is going to require some new characters to sell toys, in fact not having any new characters is EXACTLY why DOTM was not nearly as successful as TFTM 07 or ROTF; because the majority of toys were of characters people already had and at least three of them (Jolt, Skids, Mudflap) weren't even in the movie itself. Bumblebee himself has started to finally loose selling power due to shelfwarming HARD.

All I want is for there to be characters Hasbro will allow in the movie that get designs and alt. modes they're willing to actually make into toys (still don't get why they wanted a Ferrari and retained the idea even after they failed to get the toy license) and release early on at retail. No more of this "toys withheld due to spoilers" bullshit, not when Sentinel's early toys had the damaged Autobot symbols that implied he was a traitor and the film's true antagonist from the beginning.
Exactly.

By the time Dark Sentinel Prime came out, it wouldn't be spoiler worthy anymore. Or atleast hint of how he'll do anythign to restore Cybertron.

I agree. I still want a Brains figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #17
I vawnt my berdt.
Collection Count: I lied. Maybe 75.
News Credits: 10
Quote:
If there's one thing people do in the movie forum, it's repeat themselves over and over and over.
Yeah, totally.

Yeah, totally.
Interested in anything to do with voice-acting? Look no further than Behind the Voice Actors!
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #18
Insecticon
This could easily be solved if the overarching threat doesn't really have any sort of characterization, then we could focus on the reactions of the surviving bots from the third movie and how they deal with the problem. Like . . . say . . . an Insecticon swarm like the one in All Hail Megatron.
Molon labe.

My Feedback
jtscribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #19
bionic hero
Collection Count: 2 optimus prime toys and primus
Send a message via Yahoo to daitarn red
some autobot combier teams be under optimus prime ;s command
daitarn red
daitarn red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #20
Homework...