Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Plot holes?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
Terrorcon
Collection Count: 300 -400
Plot holes?

Since i love the Bay Trilogy and will highly defend all 3 movies being the fact that TF1 and TF3 are my 2 favorite movies ever and TF2 is around the 5th to 10th spot i just want to clear up any problems people have with the "plot holes" from the series.

Anyways since the series gets alot of crap for this problem although all movies have a plot hole somewhere name a plot hole and using my own personal cannon or making some other points i will try to correct any plot holes people have.
Hotshotprime43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
"Apart" ≠ "a part"
News Credits: 71
Send a message via ICQ to Nevermore Send a message via MSN to Nevermore Send a message via Skype™ to Nevermore
Run-on sentences run on forever.

My new multi-purpose blog | My sales thread, my feedback as a seller and buyer.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
Banned
Collection Count: Over 9000
News Credits: 1
Send a message via MSN to Nachtsider Send a message via Skype™ to Nachtsider
You lost me at the 'personal canon' part. Personal canon is not a valid plot-hole remedy.
Nachtsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
sculptor
Collection Count: 71 plus countless gundam models and other action figures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtsider View Post
You lost me at the 'personal canon' part. Personal canon is not a valid plot-hole remedy.
This.

By the way, I wonder where SamWitwickyGirl is ^^
roccondil5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Collection Count: 315 and more to come
News Credits: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccondil5 View Post
By the way, I wonder where SamWitwickyGirl is ^^
Banned
Check the Transformers/Marvel Universe

Stop Motion/Fanfic/Auditions
eagc7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
The fact that you have to use personal canon, make points, or address the existance of plot holes in the first place is a pretty blatant condemnation of the structuring of the Bay films.

It's like saying "I am so confident in these cars that you can bring them to me and I will use this aftermarket set of parts to correct their tendancy to burst into flames without warning."
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
sculptor
Collection Count: 71 plus countless gundam models and other action figures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
The fact that you have to use personal canon, make points, or address the existance of plot holes in the first place is a pretty blatant condemnation of the structuring of the Bay films.

It's like saying "I am so confident in these cars that you can bring them to me and I will use this aftermarket set of parts to correct their tendancy to burst into flames without warning."

You, Sir, always speak wise words!
roccondil5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
I love BMO & Tree Trunks
News Credits: 5
There are people who don't understand what a plot hole is... ironically, it usually comes from their own "personal canon."
"This movie is such an atrocious affront to filmmaking and storytelling that it's almost pointless to break it down."

- Someone incapable of breaking it down.
Ephland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #9
I vawnt my berdt.
Collection Count: I lied. Maybe 75.
News Credits: 10
There are plot holes that aren't really plot holes; things that are easily explained if you listen to what characters say, watch what happens or simply pay attention to the movie you're watching. There are also legitimate plot holes where story points make no sense, sequences don't quite jive and things happen for no apparent reason. For the latter, if you can't find something explicitly (or even implicitly) stated/referred to in the movie, things like "personal canon" have no place in answering such criticisms. You shouldn't have to read a novel or explore the expanded universe to combat a criticism in a self-contained movie. If it can't be answered by the movie itself, then it speaks to the quality of the movie.
Interested in anything to do with voice-acting? Look no further than Behind the Voice Actors!
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #10
Dr. Zaius, Dr. Zaius!
News Credits: 3
Not trying to be an ass, but I wish people would just accept these movies have flaws instead of trying to "correct" or justify everything.

On the flip-side, I equally wish people would pay attention to the movie before jumping to "plot-hole!", but those types don't seem to plague movie forums long after the movie left theaters.
Noideaforaname is offline   Reply With Quote