Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

The Avengers to be bigger than DOTM?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #141
Eye of the Palmtop Tiger
Collection Count: More than few but less than all of them
News Credits: 9
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Superion- View Post
After the debacle that was Green Lantern (which cost a reported 200 million), WB is going to shrink back to its shell and makes nothing but Batman and Superman for the next decade I think. However, if The Avengers does cross 1 billion WW, I can see a remote possibility for a JLA movie if they think the moviegoers are starving for another Avengers-esque movie.
^This. Hell if they were smart they should make Man of Steel the first in the series....

Alogn with a Batman reboot and even try to retcon Green Lantern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #142
wtf is this?
Collection Count: Currently downsizing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccondil5 View Post
Just came back from the avengers and it will be criminal if this doesn't make it bigger than DOTM. It's almost pityable how much this film shows M Bay and his childish attempt at an ensemble cast movie how to do a PROPER story where none of the main charaters (you know, the ones in the TITLE) outshines the rest. It also shows how to deal with character deaths. Oh, and stick around for the end credits scene, it makes more for the fans then the whole TF trilogy put together. Who would have known, you CAN actually make a movie that pleases general audiences without forgeting the fans...
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidargile View Post
The writer said it didn't have to make sense, and if the writer states it dosnt have to make sense then it sort of answers that question so to speak
cappeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #143
Maximal
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Magnus View Post
Because they had 2 seasons to get to know the character and get attached to her.

And people actually cared.
Because they had 2 seasons to get to know the character and get attached to her.
Avengers spoiler - We spent a a lot less time hanging around with the son of Coul.
Hanzkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #144
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: CHUGorama!
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Superion- View Post
After the debacle that was Green Lantern (which cost a reported 200 million), WB is going to shrink back to its shell and makes nothing but Batman and Superman for the next decade I think. However, if The Avengers does cross 1 billion WW, I can see a remote possibility for a JLA movie if they think the moviegoers are starving for another Avengers-esque movie.
It's a fair point. The biggest issue is to kickstart a JL storyline will take some time. 5 - 7 characters would be needed which would require no less that what Marvel has done (major characters get standalone movies, others support them). By the time JL is ready, Avengers 2 will have come and gone and it will be one HELL OF A JOB to beat A1. At this time, the question is - will another superhero ensemble movie be one two many?
unicronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #145
Cardboard Industries CEO
Collection Count: I make my own...
News Credits: 2
I just got back from the midnight showing... IT WAS AWESOME! Just as good if not better than transformers....
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
legolas grof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #146
THEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABY
Collection Count: 156+
Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas grof View Post
I just got back from the midnight showing... IT WAS AWESOME! Just as good if not better than transformers....
You have seen other movies besides the Michael Bay movies right?
I mean your oppinon is your oppinion but, Avengers is the (far) better film.

Nintendo: Chr0medome113
jackgaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #147
Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!
Collection Count: About 50 or so
News Credits: 3
I honestly didn't find Avengers to be amazing like everyone else. It was really good, but the first Transformers is a much better movie. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if the Avengers made more than DOTM
ErbFan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #148
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Over 100 strong
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but I haven't seen it yet. Is the 3D for Avengers any good? I heard it was converted.
Puck Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #149
Constructicons!
Collection Count: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
Could very well be. It's basically been building up for years, and they've marketed the hell out of it.

It has some stiff competition though, in the way of the new Batman movie. We'll find out how well it does in a week or two, I guess. Seems unthinkable it wouldn't make a ton of money though.
Agreed.
Moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #150
Swerve's bartender.
Collection Count: Dunno, you count them.
News Credits: 6
It's not really fair to compare these two movies...

That being said, the avengers is TONS better than DOTM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Silver 6 View Post
Look at your bot, now back to me
Look at you bot, and back to me.
Sadly, he isn't me...I'm on a liger
Starfire22 is offline   Reply With Quote