Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

After Weaving, who could voice Megatron?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Seeker
QLRformer's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,348
Location: Zambia, Southern Africa
News Credits: 3
After Weaving, who could voice Megatron?

I believe that if Megatron returns in a new film, hed get a new voice actor. Hugo Weaving does trilogies, no further, and besides hes an accomplished actor who considers stuff like this beneath him (he didnt explicitly say he disliked these films, but he claimed not to know they were being made and seemed to join the TF sucks bandwagon).

Id nominate:
- Frank Welker. The original G1 voice of Megatron, always has my number one vote. I have to admit though that he should use his TF: THE RIDE voice the G1 voice doesnt suit TFilm Megatron, and after hearing him in PRIME I was disappointed, it sounded like a bad imitation of BW Megatron.
- David Kaye. He did the BEAST WARS Megatron, but he sounds a bit too smug and imperious to fit this one, especially after whats happened to him.
- Daniel Riordan. The voice of RID Megatron, hes still active and giving a great performance.
- Jeff Bridges. Watching him slug it out in IRON MAN, I thought that hed sound like a good Megatron.
- Benedict Cumberbatch. Hes got a charismatic and tough voice, as befits a Decepticon leader.

Anyone else have any choices?
QLRformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
THEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABY
jackgaughan's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,151
Location: Glasgow
Collection Count: 156+
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to jackgaughan
How about no Megatron? He's dead, I pray to the Shadow proclamation that he stays dead.

Nintendo: Chr0medome113
jackgaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
Welcome to Jurassic World
eagc7's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,262
Location: Guatemala
Collection Count: 314 and more to come
News Credits: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackgaughan View Post
How about no Megatron? He's dead, I pray to the Shadow proclamation that he stays dead.
i dont recall this shadow guy saying megs was staying death
Check the Transformers/Marvel Universe

Stop Motion/Fanfic
eagc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
I vawnt my berdt.
TylerMirage's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,363
Location: Alberta, Canada
Collection Count: I lied. Maybe 75.
News Credits: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by QLRformer View Post
I believe that if Megatron returns in a new film, hed get a new voice actor. Hugo Weaving does trilogies, no further, and besides hes an accomplished actor who considers stuff like this beneath him (he didnt explicitly say he disliked these films, but he claimed not to know they were being made and seemed to join the TF sucks bandwagon).

Id nominate:
- Frank Welker. The original G1 voice of Megatron, always has my number one vote. I have to admit though that he should use his TF: THE RIDE voice the G1 voice doesnt suit TFilm Megatron, and after hearing him in PRIME I was disappointed, it sounded like a bad imitation of BW Megatron.
- David Kaye. He did the BEAST WARS Megatron, but he sounds a bit too smug and imperious to fit this one, especially after whats happened to him.
- Daniel Riordan. The voice of RID Megatron, hes still active and giving a great performance.
- Jeff Bridges. Watching him slug it out in IRON MAN, I thought that hed sound like a good Megatron.
- Benedict Cumberbatch. Hes got a charismatic and tough voice, as befits a Decepticon leader.

Anyone else have any choices?
*This is all assuming Megatron returns in some form.

1.) What would lead you to believe that he'd get a new voice actor? If it's the same version of the character, there's a 50/50 chance of him returning; he either will or he won't. Just like Andre and Sideswipe. The chances of Weaving not returning are the same as the chances of Cullen not returning. Or Foxworth. Or any cast member.
2.) Just because he hasn't done a fourth film in a franchise doesn't mean "he doesn't do them". It's like saying that James Franco doesn't do more than trilogies. Or that Jon Favreau doesn't "do" trilogies. We haven't seen them do so, doesn't mean they don't. Now, if he outright says "I don't do fourth movies", then sure, I'll concede that he doesn't do more than trilogies.
3.) He's no more or less of an accomplished 'actor' than John Turturro, Peter Cullen, Leonard Nimoy, etc. Why would he consider this below him? Was it so much below him that three movies is fine but four is ridiculous? Because if he can play a powerful elf in a fictional world, a computer agent who kills people, a talking penguin and a talking dog, why would a talking alien robot be any different?
4.) He stated that he didn't know much about Transformers before/while working on the movie. He was asked to do a simple voice role in a recording studio when Michael Bay asked him. Not every actor a.) actively watches every. single. project they're involved in and not every actor b.) spends 24/7 looking through forums to see if there's rumours of new projects being made.
5.) Any chance you can show me the link where it's implied that he hopped on the "Transformers suck" bandwagon?

Anywho, for your choices:

-If it's Welker using his TFP voice, I'd be all for it.
-David Kaye? Sure.
-Daniel Riordan? Eh.
-Jeff Bridges? Sure. He's got that powerful tone to his voice, but I've always seen him as a good Optimus VA, rather than Megatron.
-Benedict? Can't say I've seen much with him. I'll have to do some research.
Interested in anything to do with voice-acting? Look no further than Behind the Voice Actors!
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,509
Location: california
Collection Count: more than 100
News Credits: 1
frank walker,lenerord nemoyed,jamie hynimn(mythbusters)
tfprime32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
feed me
Kevin XI's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,432
Location: Spokane Valley, WA
Collection Count: 230
News Credits: 1
lenerord nemoyed? Really? Ha!

My plastic. Feedback
Kevin XI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
I vawnt my berdt.
TylerMirage's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,363
Location: Alberta, Canada
Collection Count: I lied. Maybe 75.
News Credits: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBurnedOut View Post
lenerord nemoyed? Really? Ha!
Basically the Dolan version of Leonard Nimoy.
Interested in anything to do with voice-acting? Look no further than Behind the Voice Actors!
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #8
Autobot
WreckNRule426's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 473
Aside from the previous mentions...Lee Tockar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dover345 View Post
3 1/2 hours of Victoria Secret models bending over in front of various explosions. A car turns into a robot. Someone says "More than Meets the Eye" or some other fanservice. Everyone looks at the sky. Linkin Park plays. Credits Roll. Not in that particular order.
WreckNRule426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #9
Angers Pally.
Autovolt 127's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 52,096
Location: Robot Pirate Island
Collection Count: More than few but less than all of them
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
For those that aren't role reprisals I want to see.......

Clancy Brown

Yeah I know he's Silas in Prime but before he was Silas I listened to him as Savage Opress and that matches what I want in a Megatron. Brutish, Intelligent and just plain badass, hell his voice almost matches the intensity of Hugo Weaving's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #10
THEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABY
jackgaughan's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,151
Location: Glasgow
Collection Count: 156+
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to jackgaughan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagc7 View Post
i dont recall this shadow guy saying megs was staying death
It's a Doctor who reference, albeit a poor one. If Gingerchris can pray to (Kneel!) Zod then I can pray to organisation from Doctor Who.

Nintendo: Chr0medome113
jackgaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Captured Prey