Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

What would had saved their lifes?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #1
Senior Member
eagc7's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,649
Location: Guatemala
Collection Count: 314 and more to come
News Credits: 28
What would had saved their lifes?

i just had this idea after reading the "would starscream have survived" thread.

so what actions or things in your opinion would had saved the character life, like lets say Starscream should had quickly fly away when the NEST soldier showed, that would had saved his life, or if Soundwave had his cannon already recharged he would had succesfully killed bee and made it or alive. or whatevrer you get the idea

(characters exclusives to the games, comics and books are also allowed to be mentioned)
Check the Transformers/Marvel Universe

Stop Motion/Fanfic/Auditions
eagc7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
Your post confuses me...
Autobot Burnout's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 20,092
Location: The Peaceful Tyranny
Collection Count: 200-ish
Nothing.

Because Optimus Prime has a jetpack, large guns, and an incomplete display plaque on his wall that says "The Face of Starscream", with a spot saying "PUT FACE HERE" where Starscream's face will eventually go.

The only reason he didn't take Screamer's face in the movie is because Sam blew it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
To fight monsters, we just chucked a bunch of school-girls at them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gawddammit View Post
YOU NEED THE NEWEST MODEL NOW BECAUSE WE HAVE INFINITE SUPPLIES OF EVERYTHING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire View Post
You canít stab people with maces like that! That doesnít work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormdalek View Post
Godspeed you magnificent random knowledge ninja. Godspeed...
Autobot Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:29 AM   #3
autobot
Shepard Prime's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 873
Location: The Lost Light
Collection Count: 76 (30 cons, 46 bots)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
Nothing.

Because Optimus Prime has a jetpack, large guns, and an incomplete display plaque on his wall that says "The Face of Starscream", with a spot saying "PUT FACE HERE" where Starscream's face will eventually go.

The only reason he didn't take Screamer's face in the movie is because Sam blew it up.
I don't know tho'. I think Starscream would've had the presence of mind that everything was going tits up and would bail instead of staying to be owned by Optimus and co.

As far as my own "What would've" goes, what would've saved the entire core Decepticons lives is if Wheels and Brains hadn't taken out that mothership. That and if the Decepticons were smart enough to go check out the ship that returned and crashed in the cargo bay and therefore finding Wheels and Brainz in the stolen ship.
Shepard Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
Aernaroth's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 20,035
Location: The Hammer, Ontario
News Credits: 2
What would have saved their lives? A different script, wherein the writers wanted them to survive. Apart from that, their deaths were assured.
Aernaroth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
Descendant of Primus
Minh'T's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,484
Location: Hanoi, Viet Nam
Collection Count: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to Minh'T
If ironhide hadn't turned his back to sentinel and listen to what Sentinel says
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Minh'T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
Wants a Toxitron repaint!
Ceasar121's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,882
Location: Ft Meade, Maryland
Collection Count: 200 plus (300 is in my sights!)
News Credits: 1
Nothing was going to save their lives. I think the better question is what would have made their deaths more epic?

Starscream should have fought Wingjet Prime in a badass aerial brawl. He should have gotten the uphand on Prime and appeared to be winning... at which point on of the Wingsuited guys should have landed on him and planted the boom stick. He smacks the wingsuit guy off and proceeds to make some comment about his invincibility, at which point the bomb blows him up, and Prime catches the Wing suiter.

That would have been a badass scene in 3d.

Soundwave? Just a longer and better fight with Bee would have done it for me. Seeing him taken out in 15 seconds and doing no damage was terrible for an iconic character.

Also, I thought Brains and Wheelie flying into the ship all sloppy and incorrectly was stupid. What was even dumber is that noone notices this, no one checks the master control room... That part was just poorly done all way around.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Why do they keep posing him like he's the Kool Aid Man?
Ceasar121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
Aernaroth's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 20,035
Location: The Hammer, Ontario
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceasar121 View Post
Nothing was going to save their lives. I think the better question is what would have made their deaths more epic?

Starscream should have fought Wingjet Prime in a badass aerial brawl. He should have gotten the uphand on Prime and appeared to be winning... at which point on of the Wingsuited guys should have landed on him and planted the boom stick. He smacks the wingsuit guy off and proceeds to make some comment about his invincibility, at which point the bomb blows him up, and Prime catches the Wing suiter.

That would have been a badass scene in 3d.

Soundwave? Just a longer and better fight with Bee would have done it for me. Seeing him taken out in 15 seconds and doing no damage was terrible for an iconic character.

Also, I thought Brains and Wheelie flying into the ship all sloppy and incorrectly was stupid. What was even dumber is that noone notices this, no one checks the master control room... That part was just poorly done all way around.

For Starscream, maybe NEST operatives take over some of the dropships like Bumblebee did and overwhelm him in the air, or he gets taken down in the air by Prime and then finished on the ground by NEST or the other Autobots. I liked the idea of an undignified end for him, even if I didn't like what actually happened.

I mean, I think we'd all rather have seen some more one-on-one fights between actual characters than the quick-kills and bayhem we got.
Aernaroth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
Seeker
QLRformer's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,744
Location: Zambia, Southern Africa
News Credits: 3
Personally, the only thing I could think of is having the NEST team (or better yet the Wreckers) get to the Decepticons just in time to stop their executions, possibly saving Que at the last minute.
QLRformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
Wants a Toxitron repaint!
Ceasar121's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,882
Location: Ft Meade, Maryland
Collection Count: 200 plus (300 is in my sights!)
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
For Starscream, maybe NEST operatives take over some of the dropships like Bumblebee did and overwhelm him in the air, or he gets taken down in the air by Prime and then finished on the ground by NEST or the other Autobots. I liked the idea of an undignified end for him, even if I didn't like what actually happened.

I mean, I think we'd all rather have seen some more one-on-one fights between actual characters than the quick-kills and bayhem we got.
Yep. Especially after spending 3 movies with these characters... it's like there was no pay off for watching the trilogy. You really could have picked one movie, and not seen the others, and you would have missed nothing.

After the newness of the movie has worn off, I can really say, aside from Sentinel Prime's last fight and the mexican standoff, I wasn't really impressed by DOTM's action. ROTF's end had more personality, and the whole horde of Cons overwhelming odds angle detracted from the movie instead of enhancing it, as it took any personality out of the fights. Heck one of my main reasons for even liking the Sentinel Prime fight is because he could actually fight back.

Most of the villains in DOTM went down in 2 seconds and put up no fight. It's akin to the hero chasing down this 'scary destructive' villain, then proceeding to end the fight in one punch. The hero isn't as heroic because the villain wasn't a credible threat.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Why do they keep posing him like he's the Kool Aid Man?
Ceasar121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
Aernaroth's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 20,035
Location: The Hammer, Ontario
News Credits: 2
It certainly didn't help that with the pacing and editing, Ironhide's (one of the Autobot core cast and a major character through all three films) death carries arguably less gravitas than Que's (a completely new character for DOTM). Something like that shows a fundamental lack of understanding or attention towards the relationships of the main characters and how they should have developed over the trilogy.

Last edited by Aernaroth; 04-12-2012 at 02:38 PM..
Aernaroth is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Big Bad Toy Store