Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
View Poll Results: Rating the 07 movie
10 35 25.00%
9 30 21.43%
8 26 18.57%
7 24 17.14%
6 8 5.71%
5 6 4.29%
4 1 0.71%
3 1 0.71%
2 2 1.43%
1 7 5.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

do u at least aprrove or respect the 07 movie

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #61
Protectobot
Collection Count: Need More...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNomadSkies View Post
I loved that shit because to me anyway, Barricade was one of the few legitimately scary villains we've seen in TF fiction, or movies in general really.
I agree. The funny thing is he seemed creepier to me than Megatron in the first movie. But, I guess that's just because of who they fought. Barricade bullied the defenceless poor defenceless Sam before fighting with Bumblebee, he was a predator. Megatron, fought Optimus, it was a evenly matched clash of titans.
Rewind Eject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #62
Once Upon a Time....
Collection Count: <10
Barricade was awesome, and could have been even more awesome if he'd been used properly in the sequels.
Silk Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #63
Prototype Black
Satomiblood's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Eleventy Billion
There was a charm in the first film that couldn't be replicated in ROTF and DOTM, which is why it'll remain my absolute favorite of the three.
Satomiblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #64
Banned
Collection Count: 141, including incomplete figures, Robot Heroes and Minicons. Latest- TFP Deluxe Knockout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre View Post
Barricade was awesome, and could have been even more awesome if he'd been used properly in the sequels.
He killed someone in DOTM. That's improvement. And remember, they only put him in DOTM at all to give the character closure.
seekerblackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #65
Once Upon a Time....
Collection Count: <10
Which is the problem - he's a character that could have and should have been featured in both sequels, up until they killed him off. He disappeared, and reappeared at the tail end of DOTM simply because they "had to get rid of him" like they did the other 'Cons and clean up their mess.

Barricade was a very distinctive Decepticon who could have added more to the sequels - he really ends up being an example of the problem that the movies have with the TFs as characters, and with continuity.
Silk Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #66
Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!
Collection Count: About 50 or so
News Credits: 3
10/10

Best of the trilogy. The closing scene still gives me chills
ErbFan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:04 AM   #67
Maximal
Collection Count: 1000+
News Credits: 1
I'd give it a 7/10. By far the best of the three live action movies. It's slower paced and has less faith in its robot characters' ability to carry a scene, but it's the only one of the three that isn't insultingly sloppy in its plotting. Has several iconic scenes, such as Blackout's transformation with the classic sound effect, the Autobots' arrival in the alley, Starscream's little aerial dance with the other F-22s, and of course the Autobots kicking it at the Griffith Observatory.

I would probably rate it higher if the entire hacker subplot was removed, especially since it serves almost no purpose and goes nowhere. The characters simply disappear from the story after they arrive at the Hoover Dam. Without the filler of that subplot the first film would be a very tight little action film. I guess they had to pay their lip service to the Department of Defense in exchange for all that access, though.
Keldroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #68
Defiler of Energon
herugrim's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Hundred somethin
Send a message via AIM to herugrim Send a message via MSN to herugrim
Gave it a nine. Only real problem was Sam's character.

Yeah it was wrapped in a series of dull Hollywood cliches, like the sequels, but I can deal with that. It had giant alien robots blowing each other up. That's all I ever ask from a transformers series to start with. And the character designs, although non-traditional, were extremely detailed and realistic looking.

And it left a nice legacy. It brought Cullen back. Made Transformers mainstream again (being a fan was suddenly cool, I liked that), and pushed the engineering to new heights.

If it weren't for the live action films, we never would've gotten leader class figures with Masterpeice quality engineering. Certainly not from Animated.

And if we didn't have the live action movies, we wouldn't have Prime (and I doubt animated either).
herugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:08 AM   #69
wtf is this?
Collection Count: Currently downsizing.
The movie sucks, but the effects were awesome and the experience of watching it first hand during botcon is probably one of the greatest things that happened in my life. Which just makes me hate Bay a little more in hindsight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidargile View Post
The writer said it didn't have to make sense, and if the writer states it dosnt have to make sense then it sort of answers that question so to speak
cappeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #70
Stunticon
Collection Count: 500+
It has some scenes that have truly become iconic in the franchise and maybe even in pop culture in general.

That being said its still a mcguffin based movie with a paper thin plot.
Click Link for pictures of the WORLD FAMOUS robot room:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...obot-room.html AND NOW Click this Link for my music - http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/dripmusic
alfred p. sloan is offline   Reply With Quote