Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Ironhide should have died in the first shot

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #51
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimalzeromus View Post
IIRC Ironhide was originally a decepticon that defected to the autobots, right? (IDW comics), so maybe Sentinel was pissed at himself for making a deal with the cons and decided to just unload on the closest one?

Didn't read the movie comics so I could be and probably am horribly wrong with the allegiance thing...
I don't think he was ever technically a Decepticon, at least not in that sense. He was a member of the Cybertronian military who became disenfranchised with where things were going as the great war began (and much of the military became the Decepticons), and jumped ship to join what would become the Autobot faction.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #52
Descendant of Primus
Collection Count: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to Minh'T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
I don't think he was ever technically a Decepticon, at least not in that sense. He was a member of the Cybertronian military who became disenfranchised with where things were going as the great war began (and much of the military became the Decepticons), and jumped ship to join what would become the Autobot faction.
Yeah, Ironhide is not a decepticon. Read foundation
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Minh'T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #53
Wrecker
Rule #4: Double Tap
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

Wadeledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #54
RIP Moosey
Collection Count: Check out Dracula's smooth moves!
News Credits: 3
Considering this is effing Ironhide Sentinel is trying to kill - who has survived millions of years of war and just mopped the floor with the Dreads - its pretty smart for Sentinel to fire more than once, especially considering that Ironhide was still able to move a bit, and could still talk, even while succumbing to the cosmic rust.
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 60.70 KB Height: 300 Width: 500 - 2005 Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
"It is time for the slaves of Sunnyside to recognize their masters. ... Seal off the daycare."
Chopperface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #55
<3 Smokescreen
Collection Count: Not enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alekesam View Post
Neither should have died and they (Paramount/ILM) should've sprung the cash for one more redherring robot to be the casualty.

I mean, the core group of the TFs in the first movie were all fan favs. No one in that party could've ate it and we'd feel good about it. lol. Prime, Ironhide, Bee, Jazz and Ratchet...yup, they definetly needed a token 'bot to take the hit.
I completely agree with this. While I understand they wanted to show how evil Sentinel Prime and Megatron were and provoke some emotion, killing off core characters and uber fan favorites just wasn't a good idea to me. And I say that about the Autobot and the Decepticon favorites. Fans are going to be angry and some may even not be interested in going to see any more of the movies and stop buying merchandise (okay, that may be to the extreme) because of it. It just was not good thing to do in my opinion.

I guess with Ironhide not dieing in one shot was to provoke emotion. I know it really tore at me since he is one of my favorites.

Karma always has the last laugh.
HoneyPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #56
Steam Powered Automaton
Collection Count: not too many since the eviction....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minh'T View Post
SO DAMM AGREE man. they are too they are too brutal on him

Agree with this too i dunno why but they just want some bot to died if u remember in ROTF. Jetfire cuts mixmaster into 2 pieces too but he still survive after that
http://hq55.com/sh/trans2/transf2-su....com-15454.jpg
they exploited the jazz idea in robot chicken.
Electricity is in my soul
SGTsoundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #57
Decepticon Mistress
Collection Count: Lost count... again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopperface View Post
Considering this is effing Ironhide Sentinel is trying to kill - who has survived millions of years of war and just mopped the floor with the Dreads - its pretty smart for Sentinel to fire more than once, especially considering that Ironhide was still able to move a bit, and could still talk, even while succumbing to the cosmic rust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyPrime View Post
I guess with Ironhide not dieing in one shot was to provoke emotion. I know it really tore at me since he is one of my favorites.

I have to agree with what Chopperface and HoneyPrime just said.

So, no I don't think Ironhide should have died after Sentinel fired the first shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexza View Post
We got the popcorn from TRANS+CRAZY. She has A LOT. Like, if popcorn was alive, she could pull off a full-scale takeover of the Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpshard View Post
Trans+Crazy always supplies the popcorn for long Mexican standoffs...or anything serious, for that matter.
TRANS+CRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #58
I vawnt my berdt.
Collection Count: I lied. Maybe 75.
News Credits: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
Rule #4: Double Tap
This. I know it's meant to be humourous, but this rule works quite well in real-world situations. Watch any horror movie and watch the characters not act upon this rule and then die. Or even in real life. If a snake crawls into my room and I club it with a clipboard, I'm not gonna' be satisfied until I know it's dead. IT'S A SNAKE! IN MY ROOM! I'm gonna' hit that thing until there's not a chance of it coming back.

"Yep, that shark is definitely dead now. Let's get back in the water with it."

"Boy, we sure are lucky that the mass murdering freak in our town went down with a single shot. He's definitely dead. Let's get closer to him and examine our findings."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopperface View Post
And this.
Interested in anything to do with voice-acting? Look no further than Behind the Voice Actors!
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #59
Mini-bot
Collection Count: 95 and still collecting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromia217 View Post
This thread is depressing.
I am right there with ya! I actually hesitated before coming to this, but I had to for some reason. Now I'm very depressed.

Ironhide's death was pretty self-explanatory to me. I hated it, but really.....

Jazz on the other hand.......I'm not sure where the spark is, but it was in OP's chest, not the torso...............
jazzgirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote