Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
View Poll Results: like or no?
Yes! 179 53.12%
No!, he must be like his G1 (or whatever continuty) personality! 58 17.21%
Mixed feelings 100 29.67%
Voters: 337. You may not vote on this poll

Does anyone like Movie Optimus Agressive personality?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #301
CACHOW!
JAYSCREAM's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: About 3% of what i had 6 years ago!
all of you shut up and " GIVE ME YOUR FACES" pmsl
prime needed an edge, bay gave it to him.
WANTED marvel us generation 2 # 9 and 12
JAYSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #302
A Meat Popsicle
News Credits: 4
Here's the thing: people like to carp on Prime's "give me your face" line of dialogue, but in all reality he never took a single face.

Only a face mask.
Shapeways store: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/bpm
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...ck-thread.html
bellpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #303
Combaticon
ARCTrooperAlpha's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
Their planet's gone. Complete write-off. At the point of the movies, Prime is trying to prevent the loss of OTHER planets. Our planet.

And if someone is weary of war... and can't abdicate their personal responsibility by walking away from it and leaving all the innocents to their deaths (like the whole of planet Earth)... the only answer is to END the war. Any way they can.
so why couldn't all this be made clear in the first movie ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt55 View Post
You don't see Optimus sitting in a corner, sharpening his blades, fantasizing about ripping Decepticons' guts out when not in battle for instance.
No More......CYBERTRON FALLS !
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #304
A Meat Popsicle
Quote:
I think a lot of people have a hard time wrapping their imagination around the idea of a war that has continued without pause FOR THOUSANDS, IF NOT MILLIONS, OF YEARS.
Unfortunately, I'm too cynical to believe that.

I've seen too much ideology spouted and have come to realize that people would rather have Prime either kill the 'Cons more nicely or not kill them at all and arrest them instead.

And they also believe that acts of battlefield brutality completely nullifies every act of honor and attitude of nobility that happened before and since.

And they also believe that since 'Cons wipe out good guys and innocents, Optimus cannot wipe out 'Cons because he is doing what they do, and therefore makes himself a 'Con who... I guess... no longer believes that freedom is a right to all sentient beings...

We hold those we call our heroes to impossible standards and are quick to throw them under a bus if they do not live up to them. We do so because we are removed from their reality and are safe. Ideology > lives of others because our ideals are more important.

We condemn our own when we perceive them to act as like our enemy- yet never once condemn our enemy. Instead we worry about the rights and comforts of our enemies and not those of ourheroes. Again, Ideology > lives.

If you ask me we harbor too much sympathy for the devil and not enough sympathy for the saviour.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #305
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
Quote:
I think a lot of people have a hard time wrapping their imagination around the idea of a war that has continued without pause FOR THOUSANDS, IF NOT MILLIONS, OF YEARS.

"Generations lost..." Optimus says. Generations. Effectively the entire population of their planet, multiple times over. And that is without counting the cost in lives on innocent planets around the galaxy caught in their crossfire. Again, across THOUSANDS OF YEARS. The war needs to end. Never mind the Autobots and Decepticons. The toll in innocent, non-combatant, NON-CYBERTRONIAN lives needs to be stemmed. Optimus is the one stepping up to protect all the innocent lives here on Earth and every planet the Transformers have come across by doing every single thing he can as quickly as he can to bring the war to an end.

During the movie trilogy, the Decepticons come within a hair's breadth of annihilating or enslaving (and then annihilating) all life on Earth multiple times. Now is not the time for Optimus to half-ass it and let the war drag on for another 1000 years. Because at that point, the Earth would definitely be another casualty. Just another dead rock consumed by the war.

I think a big part of the problem with the argument taking place in this thread is that some people who are critical of Movie Optimus' aggressive personality are seeing it as something Optimus is enjoying rather than as a sacrifice he is making.
Transfomers Prime. Millions of years of fighting, millions of Autobots and Decepticons killed in battle, Cybertron reduced to a wasteland that only Insecticons and Scraplets would call home. An Optimus Prime that seems worn down from all the fighting and now he sees the war moving to a new planet.

Yet on Transformers Prime he's not running around going "give me your face" or "kill them all". When new Decepticons show up like Skyquake Prime has tried to reason with them that fighting doesn't need to continue. Instead of getting humans killed fighting his war on Transformers Prime he goes out of his way to keep the military out of the fight even if they are itching to fight.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #306
A Meat Popsicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash from Carolina View Post
Yet on Transformers Prime he's not running around going "give me your face" or "kill them all". When new Decepticons show up like Skyquake Prime has tried to reason with them that fighting doesn't need to continue. Instead of getting humans killed fighting his war on Transformers Prime he goes out of his way to keep the military out of the fight even if they are itching to fight.
Really?
I don't seem his standing still and talking to the insecticon:

As a matter of fact, not only do I see him running around, but he is also firing his weapons at it.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #307
Predacon
Quote:
Transfomers Prime. Millions of years of fighting, millions of Autobots and Decepticons killed in battle, Cybertron reduced to a wasteland that only Insecticons and Scraplets would call home. An Optimus Prime that seems worn down from all the fighting and now he sees the war moving to a new planet.

And yet people bitch about his character too....
WidowMaker91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #308
Maximal
You know, I think it is unfair that Movie Prime be labeled a psychopathic murderer. He doesn't even fit the definition of a psychopath. When he isn't on the battlefield fighting Decepticons, he shows that he is calm, collected, and expresses his regret over Earth's involvement and the losses of human life. Would a psychopath really care? I don't think so.
Una is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #309
psn - baggzey23
Collection Count: ??? (in a massive green box)
Send a message via MSN to baggzey23 Send a message via Skype™ to baggzey23
Movie optimus gets the job done which is why I like his personality
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
baggzey, I present to thee, THE INTERNET. Because you have won it.
3ds friend code:0860-3236-2493
baggzey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #310
Combaticon
ARCTrooperAlpha's Ebay Auctions
Quote:

good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellpeppers View Post
Really?
I don't seem his standing still and talking to the insecticon:

As a matter of fact, not only do I see him running around, but he is also firing his weapons at it.
Maybe cause we're looking at a battle that's ALREADY UNDERWAY ? Wait till the ep actually airs, then we'll know if the Cons just showed up blasting or Prime did have a chance to be diplomatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt55 View Post
You don't see Optimus sitting in a corner, sharpening his blades, fantasizing about ripping Decepticons' guts out when not in battle for instance.
No More......CYBERTRON FALLS !
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote