Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Coincident

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
Descendant of Primus
Collection Count: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to Minh'T
Coincident

Is it a little too coincident When Sam's girlfriend's boss is working with the Decepticons?
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Minh'T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:35 AM   #2
Decepticon
Eeehm did you watch the movie??

it's crearly stated that the very reason Carly works for Dylan is because he wanted to get to Sam.
Regressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #3
Descendant of Primus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regressor View Post

it's crearly stated that the very reason Carly works for Dylan is because he wanted to get to Sam.
But it seem to be that Carly works for Dylan b4 She know Sam, that's what i'm trying to say
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Old 11-13-2011, 06:29 AM   #4
Decepticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minh'T View Post
But it seem to be that Carly works for Dylan b4 She know Sam, that's what i'm trying to say

No actually in the flashback when they first meet she's working in the White House or the British Embassy or something like that.
Regressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:31 AM   #5
Not Randy Butternubs
Collection Count: More than I should, but less than I want.
News Credits: 4
It's also a little thing called 'plot'. If the characters had nothing in common and didn't connect in any way, then it wouldn't have made sense for them to come together. This can work in a series, but not a 2-hour movie.
Yaujta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:42 AM   #6
Hey look, I have a title
News Credits: 3
Quote:

Quote:
No actually in the flashback when they first meet she's working in the White House or the British Embassy or something like that.
This. Dylan even says that he "stole her away from the British Embassy" to come work for him to manage his collection, which is presumably after sometime that Carly and Sam kept in touch and started seeing eachother more. He needed a way to get close to Sam, and this was his ticket. Its no coincidental, its all part of the plan.
Ultrawave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #7
Descendant of Primus
Oh Ok that make sense
Old 11-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
Collection Count: About 20
Have you ever read Great Expectations? It's considered a classic book and it has several coincidences such as the fact that everyone the main character meets is related to his convict friend in some way. Also, the villain coincidently catches on fire at the end. Even though I hated this book, it shows that even classics aren't exempt from plot coincidences.
Rusty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
I vawnt my berdt.
Collection Count: I lied. Maybe 75.
News Credits: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaujta View Post
It's also a little thing called 'plot'. If the characters had nothing in common and didn't connect in any way, then it wouldn't have made sense for them to come together. This can work in a series, but not a 2-hour movie.
Yaujta speaks truthfully, logically and awesomely. Continue.
Interested in anything to do with voice-acting? Look no further than Behind the Voice Actors!
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #10
Eye of the Palmtop Tiger
Collection Count: More than few but less than all of them
News Credits: 9
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
Yes it is a cowinkydink. The plot called for it and the writers answered for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote