Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Megatron in TF4

Reply Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
Megatron wants YOU
Megatron in TF4

If or when they do make a sequel, should he return? In my opinion hell no Megatron should be dead for good, for god's sake no more resurrections and definitely no rebuilding him as Galvatron.

Seriously his character has been dragged through the mud enough, his name tarnished beyond repair. Humiliated time and time again, made a a complete joke of and been the bitch to two different leaders now. He's just an awful, bland character who nobody respects or cares about anymore. Bayverse Megs belongs tucked away in the same draw as Jolt, never to appear or be spoken of again.

After the bitter disappointment alot of us had with the Cons in the last few movies. I think a new leader would help mark the beginning of a new era of the Decepticons, almost like a new generation of them. TF4 needs to make the Cons matter again, and change should start at the very top.

So either bring in a competely new Con leader who is actually capable of, you know leading his army and doing something, or if they do Galvatron do him as a competely new character unrelated to that pile of scrap metal which is now DOTM Megatron.

I just fear Hasbro don't have the balls to leave out someone like Megatron and we will continually see him being brought back just to get his ass kicked again, and the cycle will go on and on.
Fonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
Blue Lantern
Collection Count: 746
News Credits: 2
Send a message via AIM to DecepticonSpike Send a message via Yahoo to DecepticonSpike
Seeing as this is the last movie, it's a safe bet that he's dead for good.
DecepticonSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
Quintesson
Nah, they would have to bring Megatron back if theres a 4th one, either as Galvatron or Megatron (again)

I'm leaning towards Galvie
Optronix_prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
Stunticon
Collection Count: 40 odd
Megatron was immensely underplayed in DOTM.
Starscreamer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
Roll out!
Collection Count: Many. Very many.
News Credits: 25
I think the character could be redeemed if he were brought back (by Unicron, Quintessons, or whatever) as Galvatron and actually did stuff like fight and conquer and destroy.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
Quintesson
Yeah just rebuild megatron completely, Megatron was poorly re-constructed in ROTF, and looked like he repaired himself shittily for DOTM. Just have someone take the spark of Megatron and fit it into a brand new body.
Optronix_prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #7
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 205
It's a Hasbro franchise. Megatron will return somehow, as Megatron...because Hasbro knows that non-fans immediately recognize him as Optimus Prime's nemesis.

And let's not forget - Hasbro is out to make mucho buxx
My Sale Thread: NEW ITEMS ADDED 11/07/13!

My Feedback/My Collection/My eBay Listings
shockwave2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
A Sad Flareon
If TF4 happened, using the continuity already established (no reboot), I'd like to see Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge as some sort of Decepticon commando team that was off doing something else. Megatron "broadcasts a message about his master plan" with Sentinel and they come to investigate/help/fight/whatever. Boom. New bad guy.

That, or just invent a new bad guy out of a minor/side character Decepticon who hasn't really been explored. Bringing Megs back is a bad idea.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
Megatron wants YOU
The thing is why does Galvatron have to be Megatron? Just because of Gee Wun? IDW has shown you can make a decent Galvatron who has nothing to do with Megatron.

I would love if they brought in Galvatron as this mysterious new Con who's past is shrouded in secrecy, his own troops wouldn't even know where he came from. Like the cons were just in absolute disarray after DOTM with their chain of command completely destroyed and he just came in and took leadership and restored them to power. Kinda like the backstory of Cyclonus in Animated.
Fonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
Omnibot
mephisto1138's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonecrusher View Post
If or when they do make a sequel, should he return? In my opinion hell no Megatron should be dead for good, for god's sake no more resurrections and definitely no rebuilding him as Galvatron.

Seriously his character has been dragged through the mud enough, his name tarnished beyond repair. Humiliated time and time again, made a a complete joke of and been the bitch to two different leaders now. He's just an awful, bland character who nobody respects or cares about anymore. Bayverse Megs belongs tucked away in the same draw as Jolt, never to appear or be spoken of again.

After the bitter disappointment alot of us had with the Cons in the last few movies. I think a new leader would help mark the beginning of a new era of the Decepticons, almost like a new generation of them. TF4 needs to make the Cons matter again, and change should start at the very top.

So either bring in a competely new Con leader who is actually capable of, you know leading his army and doing something, or if they do Galvatron do him as a competely new character unrelated to that pile of scrap metal which is now DOTM Megatron.

I just fear Hasbro don't have the balls to leave out someone like Megatron and we will continually see him being brought back just to get his ass kicked again, and the cycle will go on and on.
Word. I'd be fine with them making Galvatron his own character, as in the IDW verse. And make him TERRIFYING. The way Megs should have been.
"Load me!" - Megatron demanding of Optimus Prime '0_o'
mephisto1138 is offline   Reply With Quote