Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Errors, jokes, references & hard to spot things in DOTM

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #1241
Predacon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchets Hatch View Post
I didn't know this, but apparently, the word "pissed" means "drunk" in the UK.

So when you UK fans heard Ironhide say that Optimus was pissed, did you think he was calling him drunk?
*head desk* Means both drunk or pissed everywhere depending on context.

Deviant Art page
ashion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:37 AM   #1242
Boomsticks.
Collection Count: Haven't counted, over 100 at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QLRformer View Post
Glad to see this thread back on topic. I found some more stuff:

TFilm1
The MQ-1 Predator UAV appears in this film and ROTF. The funny thing is, in the Orci-Kurtzman series TRANSFORERS PRIME this was Soundwave’s alternate mode.

Jazz is the only major Autobot whose name Sam doesn’t scream out:
- he’s screamed Optimus and Bumblebee’s names umpteen times
- he’s screamed Ratchet’s name in TFilm1 to attend to a legless Bumblebee
- and he’s screamed Ironhide’s name just before he attacks Crankcase and Crowbar

Agent Simmons is the SECOND government agent to have encountered Transformers, after Colonel Franklin from CYBERTRON. He was succeeded by Agent Fowler from PRIME.

ROTF
Sideswipe is inspired by the Autobot Drift: he transforms from a sportscar and wields blades in battle; even their headgear is similar.

Jetfire is partly inspired by Sky-Lynx, a British-accented bombastic Transformer with an aerial alternate mode.

The Twins are based on ANIMATED’s Bumblebee, who was a “kid-friendly” loudmouth who transformed into a Chevy Beat automobile.

When the Twins are first seen in robot mode (in Shanghai, after they crash into the wall), they’re seen speaking with each other’s voices. This LOOKS like an error, but in fact it is a play on a well-known trope that with twins you sometimes can’t tell which is which.

The Twins homage GI JOE, kind of hinting at RISE OF COBRA:
- They greet Leo with “Yo Leo!” an obvious parody of the “Yo Joe!” battle cry
- Mudflap screams “Kung fu grip!” before Devastator swallows him.

The desert scenes with Jetfire pay homage to LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, Spielberg’s favourite film. Jetfire could be compared to Lawrence: a British chap who is of both sides AND no side.

A railgun was reverse-engineered and designed from Megatron. That kind of fits, considering Megatron’s original form was a gun.

DOTM
The Ark, a long lost Autobot ship, had several stuff taken from it by astronauts – effectively making NASA, uh, raiders of the lost Ark.

The Decepticons’ master plan is based on the DOCTOR WHO saga THE END OF TIME: a leader of a broken world (Rassilon, Sentinel Prime) plans to rebuild it by bringing it to Earth, and the final battle involves the participation of two rivals (the Doctor, the Master; Optimus Prime, Megatron) to stop him.

Cybertron is consumed by a black hole. This is a homage to the Unicron Trilogy, which had major antagonist Unicron die and leave behind a black hole.
Oh sure. And Wheelie and Brains is a reference to ketchup and mustard.
Feedback / BST
MPrime10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #1243
Seeker
News Credits: 4
I don’t understand your problem with my post. And explain to me just how Brains and Wheelie invoke ketchup and mustard.
QLRformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #1244
Predacon
some of the things youve noticed are a bit of a stretch or just a massive coincidence.
IE: the Doctor Who parallel. pure damn coincidence.
and yelling Yo Leo! is not a reference to GIJoe... its a reference to the word Yo, meaning hey. often used to grab ones attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sso02V View Post
I'd expect someone with a bucket of chicken on their head to be more easy-going.
Bayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #1245
Autobot Spoiler
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by QLRformer View Post
I don’t understand your problem with my post. And explain to me just how Brains and Wheelie invoke ketchup and mustard.
I think what he is trying to say is: All your "references" have about zero to do with anything you refered them to. Hence why he said: Wheelie and Brains is a reference to Mustard and Ketchup. He was attempting to put it into words that mock your referencing.

Click sig for comics!
Spoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #1246
Mini-Con
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenestrator View Post
Spiderbots in megs skull look like the doctor.
I only just noticed that today while rewatching the movie. I always thought they were just random little spider-things.

Not only were they little "Doctors" (with similar, if not the same, voices!) but it also looked like they were trying to repair Megatron. If so, that brings a slightly more insane side to Megs as he is intentionally sabotaging his sanity by destroying them.
Garren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #1247
Decepticon
Collection Count: 14
Hey everyone!. I was studying the carnage after Optimus kills megs and sentinel, and I noticed in the part when the camera is zooming out on optimus, the autobots are rolling in, soldiers walking towards optimus and before sam hugs carly. On the ground you can see Optimus' arm that's been chopped off. his hand is doing the 'rock on' sign. index finger and pinky are sticking up.
SantaClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #1248
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaClaus View Post
Hey everyone!. I was studying the carnage after Optimus kills megs and sentinel, and I noticed in the part when the camera is zooming out on optimus, the autobots are rolling in, soldiers walking towards optimus and before sam hugs carly. On the ground you can see Optimus' arm that's been chopped off. his hand is doing the 'rock on' sign. index finger and pinky are sticking up.
This scene?

Attached Thumbnails
-vlcsnap-00089.jpg  

Deathwing's biggest fan - check out his mods here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Wing_Saber-X] View Post
My Junkion Feedback
closetrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #1249
I vawnt my berdt.
Collection Count: I lied. Maybe 75.
News Credits: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaClaus View Post
Don't think so.

http://hq55.com/sh/trans3/trans3-sup....com-17380.jpg

His fingers are just curled/gnarled in a way that one's fingers might be if one's arm was violently torn at by the roots. It just so happens that his ring and middle finger are curled in a bit more than his pointer and pinky.
Interested in anything to do with voice-acting? Look no further than Behind the Voice Actors!
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #1250
Rising Radicon
NexusPrime99's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: back on the rise
Send a message via AIM to NexusPrime99 Send a message via Skype™ to NexusPrime99
in the beginning, before the autobots go to the moon, optimus states they have an autobot spacecraft which can take them there. later on when they are being thrown off the planet, sam states that they dont have a way to leave. even without the Xanthium, they would've had one. unless this is the craft they were referring to. but either way, the point is still valid
NexusPrime99 is offline   Reply With Quote